Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell that to Arthur Blank.
I'm not a Falcons fan. I also don't give a damn about any NFL owner. They hire and fire people on whims. They do things like convince a player to come off Disable List at 50% strength because their team really, really needs them, then cut the player minutes after they agree to come off DL. I give zero fvkks about NFL owners.

Last edited:

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I'm not a Falcons fan. I also don't give a damn about any NFL owner. They hire and fire people on whims. They do thinks like convince a player to come off Disable List at 50% strength because their team really, really needs them, then cut the player minutes after they agree to come off DL. I give zero fvkks about NFL owners.

cat.gif

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Norvell is a mistake waiting to happen, that is still Fuente's team he's running.

I think there is a valid argument here. However, I’d also argue that we’ve seen many crappy power-5 teams have some good years and then fall off the map when their coach bails. Memphis hasn’t done that. It is also worth noting that Norvell was not at Memphis for Fuente’s success, so the coaching coninuity argument (like Whittingham continuing Meyer) isn’t the same.

Norvell has also continued to recruit well, and I heard, but haven’t researched it, that he pulled in Memphis’ top or at least one of the top 5, Memphis football classes of all time. He also took over with a new QB, which is always iffy.

I’m not saying he’s top 2, but I’d take his offense with Florida recruits (probably the difference with UCF right now). I’d definitely take him over Strong, Campbell, and Mullen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell is a quality coach with a dynamic offense, an offense that's much more entertaining to watch than Frost's and which is probably perfectly suited to shake things up in the SEC right now. There are going to be some sorry people over not going after him. That may include us.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Now that fuente is gone memphis's offense is even better, and with better talent fuente's tech offense is much more pedestrian and ho-hum. Memphis scores more points now than they did under fuente at the helm and they have more imaginative play calling and more vertical passing and big plays. Not only that, but Norvell has brought in better recruiting classes than fuente did at memphis.

Norvell is a confident, charismatic coach whos teams are fundamentally sound, play to their strengths, and can flat out sling it all over the field. If you think hes just trading off fuente you havent watched football or you dont understand it. He's better than fuente.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I was thinking: could it be that it took us three weeks to get this far with kelly because he’s been waiting for UCLA this entire time? And we gave him enough to think about that it’s delayed his ultimate decision with them.

I’m going to be livid if he leaves at the altar for that never-been sheit stain of a program UCLA Ruins but I hope it burns a hole through Stricklin too and he doesn’t play around. Go after the best coach, idc if it’s frost or Norvell. Offer him 5+ mil with a ton of money for assistants and everything you promised kelly. Don’t hold back and let’s go murder the football season in the upcoming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator