The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’d love to see a Norvell-coached team attempt to play defense at some point.

Just go out and get the best d-coordinator we can get. I don’t think with the talent that Norvell could bring in, in this area that we’ll have a poor defense. This year is one of the worst years for defense that we’ve had in awhile and I still wouldn’t say that we’re terrible and we’re down a ton of players. I don’t think defense will be that big of a concern, especially if we’re scoring 40 pts a game

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I was thinking: could it be that it took us three weeks to get this far with kelly because he’s been waiting for UCLA this entire time? And we gave him enough to think about that it’s delayed his ultimate decision with them.

I’m going to be livid if he leaves at the altar for that never-been sheit stain of a program UCLA Ruins but I hope it burns a hole through Stricklin too and he doesn’t play around. Go after the best coach, idc if it’s frost or Norvell. Offer him 5+ mil with a ton of money for assistants and everything you promised kelly. Don’t hold back and let’s go murder the football season in the upcoming years

I've got to confess that I'm feeling some Chip Kelly fatigue, which is one step removed from Chip Kelly remorse (if hired). I know we aren't dealing with full set of facts but it sure feels like we're being played. In the long run, we'd probably be better served by a young, hungry coach rather than an entitled prima dona who has a history of spreading azz burn.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I've got to confess that I'm feeling some Chip Kelly fatigue, which is one step removed from Chip Kelly remorse (if hired). I know we aren't dealing with full set of facts but it sure feels like we're being played. In the long run, we'd probably be better served by a young, hungry coach rather than an entitled prima dona who has a history of spreading azz burn.

MANY people never believed he would come to Florida me included. Well, that was before they met with him and all the talk. I do still think he comes here now. If not, Frost would be a great hire. I would have sworn SS was going after Frost from the get go.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
MANY people never believed he would come to Florida me included. Well, that was before they met with him and all the talk. I do still think he comes here now. If not, Frost would be a great hire. I would have sworn SS was going after Frost from the get go.
Not sure why UAA didn't play it closer to the vest. That's why they pay them the big bucks, I guess. Convinced that we'll get a couple of years of MOTS if Kelly gets hired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Strick

If you land Frost, your very public failure wrt Kelly will be quickly forgiven.

S/ Gator Nation

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dear Strick

If you land Frost, your very public failure wrt Kelly will be quickly forgiven.

S/ Gator Nation

I think you blame others for your failure in your profession. That combined with alot of alcohol. If you need to talk you can PM me.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
7 years ago when we should have hired strong I would have been on board. Since then he’s proven a big school isn’t for him. He would probably hold the fort down, improve recruiting and never win anything significant, but would set the table for the next guy.

It comes down to how long do we wait for the next guy.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
7 years ago when we should have hired strong I would have been on board. Since then he’s proven a big school isn’t for him. He would probably hold the fort down, improve recruiting and never win anything significant, but would set the table for the next guy.

It comes down to how long do we wait for the next guy.
This is a strategy I can support.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Nebraska:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report [/COLOR]notes tonight[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as [/COLOR]having deep connections to Nebraska[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach.[/COLOR]

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Frost wins the shoot out, who knows what that might mean for our search other than now we can talk directly to him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So Nebraska, who hasn’t fired their coach, has secured a deal with another coach whose season isn’t over. I feel like we’ve flown back to La La Land again. :rolleyes3:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This needs to be a homerun hire in terms of results on the field NOT name of the person hired. That is the key thing to understand.
The leftover shyt coaches who cant even win championships in the little leagues arent wnning a damn thing innthe SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.