The Current State of Gator Sports

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All I can keep saying to myself is "6/5 is almost here, almost here, almost here...."

You guys have to be put out of your misery.
It’s becoming Shakespearean.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more humid and listless,
and draggest on to no good end.
Peddling hope and bringing sorrow.
Thy sweat cometh forth too easily.
Slow of foot and slower of mind, thy weakening limbs raise no defense and portend doom at every turn.
Thou knowest not which way to go and are always late in arrival.
Thy route trees yield much fruit, but each is small and bitter, gaining nought the line.
“Move! Move! Move the line!” they cry, yet thou art ever moved.
Not backing down, yet free falling.
Scorn of dawgs awaits, knowing thy every move and laughing - taking what little you have.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hell I've hardly noticed the difference with the play on the field....both the offense and defense look about the same with ST's being worse...Karl just finds more imaginative ways to lose games we have no business losing.
Defense looks about the same, maybe a little worse. Offense is WAY worse. Mullen had a lot of faults, but at least he could compete on offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever reason, they decided to take away our weakness offensively and allowed us us to run up and down the field in the 1st half. It was gift from someone ever simpler than Napier.
Amazing. They had the blueprint UK has shown them and decided NOPE WE GON DO IT OUR WAY.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Defense looks about the same, maybe a little worse. Offense is WAY worse. Mullen had a lot of faults, but at least he could compete on offense.
Dont get too far off the trail.

QB Keeper isnt a real offense. And it absolutely destroys recruiting bc no WR, RB or real QB wants to play in that shiite. Once it became apparent what his offense looks like he, bc Utah ran something different under another OC, destroyed offensive recruiting around 2007 too. He left shiite on that side of the ball then too. He has absolutely destroyed us twice.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Running game is about the same but yeah the passing game(when Mullen had Trask) is not what it was...then again we struggled throwing the ball with the Giraffe and EJ too. I guess it would be a toss up as to who would take the back seat on the short bus when it comes to play calling. Mullen had his moments(usually for about one and a half quarters of each game)where he looked the part...Karl is a mystery of mishaps.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
QB Keeper isnt a real offense. And it absolutely destroys recruiting bc no WR, RB or real QB wants to play in that shiite. Once it became apparent what his offense looks like he, bc Utah ran something different under another OC, destroyed offensive recruiting around 2007 too. He left shiite on that side of the ball then too. He has absolutely destroyed us twice.
Good point. Remember that Mullen was gifted Jefferson, Swain, Toney, Pitts, Grimes and Hammond....he didn't recruit them or Trask....Then look at the RB's too....he stumbled into almost all NFL talent at the skill positions.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Good point. Remember that Mullen was gifted Jefferson, Swain, Toney, Pitts, Grimes and Hammond....he didn't recruit them or Trask....Then look at the RB's too....he stumbled into almost all NFL talent at the skill positions.
And you couldn't help but get the impression he hated it. He had to have seen in practice how much better Trask was than Franks, but because it didn't fit what he wanted to do, he ignored it. (And that's without event touching his refusal to actively recruit.)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dont get too far off the trail.

no debate from me, but he still had some offenses that were pretty good an won us a decent amount of games until he went complete vacation mode. napiers offense can have twice the talent and will result in half the production. and that assumes we dont screw up the presnap activities which is a pretty big assumption.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Running game is about the same but yeah the passing game(when Mullen had Trask) is not what it was..
Mullen had like two functional passing offenses in the last 19 years. Lets not ack like this is normal for him. MOST of his year his passing looked like Emory or Franks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And you couldn't help but get the impression he hated it. He had to have seen in practice how much better Trask was than Franks, but because it didn't fit what he wanted to do, he ignored it. (And that's without event touching his refusal to actively recruit.)
Troof bomb.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And benching Franks for the better QB might have helped Fillipe. For the life of me I cannot understand these coaches.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Another reason I'm not handing out passes is this guy and his staff have a regional recruiting advantage over 98% of other schools in the entire country AND supposedly has ties to hotbed talent pools in Texas and La....3 years in and this roster should be one of the top 5 most talented teams in the country, portal or no portal.
Right? Where are the Offensive Linemen? Where the fuch are the Tackles? Deep talent pools, 2 freaking OLine Coaches, and zero recruits of note after 3 recruiting cycles. You have to be kidding me.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I've been thinking about the state of Florida men's sports for a while now and all I can really say is it's the worst I've ever seen in my life.

We've been absolutely awful at football and basketball for what seems like a lifetime. The best season either of my kids have ever seen was Dan mullens season ending crescendo collapse in 2020.

The only thing that gave any of us something to cheer for through all the misery was baseball. That's definitely gone as this year's team is terrible in nearly every aspect of the game and will likely finish with a losing record.

So what is going on? Are we just plain done as a program and a power? Sure seems that way. Fans have become completely numb to it and how can they not, we've been force fed bullsht for so long at some point you just quit complaining. The AD sure doesn't seem to care. He acts like he thinks everything is going great. And when he's absolutely forced to make a new hire to replace a bad one he rushes right to the worst option available and gives them more money than God.

I'm really close to completely checking out. There's just no joy in gator sports anymore. Getting excited about winning a conf game against an avg opponent on a Tuesday evening is not where we should be. Golden seems to be on a good track but basketball is over and essentially a year away. It's looking like a miserable summer and unwatchable fall for Gator fans. I wish Spurrier would get behind a microphone and absolutely torch these bums. The fans would respond to that and maybe it would be the catalyst for some positive change.

Look on the bright side. Forbes just named us one of the academic "New Ivies" in light of the current issues with the traditional Ivy League schools.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
At the end of the day sports are entertainment, nothing more. Those of you that get horribly depressed and have chest pains really shouldn't watch anymore. It's not worth it. Go get a 3D printer or something.

Or follow Sas's lead and take up Legos.

On second thought, scratch that and don't copy Sas in any way, shape or form.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Only an idiotic Athletic Department could sit at the flagship of one of the three most talent rich states in the country and continually hire failure after failure as coaches and keep the program in the cellar.

You have to try to suck this bad.

Talking about "before the 80s" when we used to have less population and talent in the state than Mississippi is irrelevant and ignorant.

But yeah if we keep hiring people who have losing records at Cowbell, guys who lose at Cenfral Mich and a ****ing simpleton who has failed rapidly and completely at every P5 coordinator job to be HC, we will continue to suck.

Some of you are trying to rationalize because you've allowed yourself to ignore all reality with these garbage hires, and substitute a defense mechanism that "well no one can win them" if Retard Billy cant. These coaches came in and did exactly what anyone with a slight bit of awareness of reality knew they would do. None of this was a surprise. If you hire deeply flawed coaches you get deeply flawed products.

However the AD absolutely wants you to believe that you should shut up, keep sending money and be be happy if we occasionally achieve 6-6.

Exactly. We should have been a regular season 10 win program, minimum, each year since Meyer left, with our eyes closed, with at least a few playoff appearances to boot. A good coach gets us that, no if's/ands/buts. However, our brain trust chooses to hire dipshyt after dipshyt after dipshyt. Our results shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Speaking of 3D printing, my current project is coming along well after 2.5 months.

IMG-2796.jpg

Truth be told, I much prefer this...so if you don't mind, please strap a bra on top of your head and try again.

1714600916364.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.