The Current State of Gator Sports

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
There is only one phone to blow up and that is President Sasse.
All other contacts are either unable to change anything or more likely they are part of the problem.

IF or when, Sasse decides that changes are needed he is the only one that can make it happen.
I have heard nothing from his office to suggest that he sees anything wrong.

Maybe he'll nut up and treat Sun Belt Billy like one of those anti-Israel protestors. If needed, maybe we can photoshop Billy's dimwitted mug into a picture showing him participating at this week's demonstrations.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think we go into the georgia game 5-2. Not confident we win a game after that but 5-2 seems reasonable. Of scUM, UCF, A&M, Miss St, Tenn, Kentucky, who will we not beat? If he cannot win all but two, we are going to have a worse record than past two seasons and that would seem to prove he's a mess and doesn't have what it takes.

At quick glance and without having done the research (what I'm saying is that my opinion is subject to change), I can see us losing to all of them; but if you want me to be more of an optimist, I'll say I can definitely see us losing to UM, A&M & Kentucky. Missy St. under Jeff Leby if he can score some points against us, too. UCF and Tennessee might possibly be toss ups, and I only say that about Tenn. until they show they can beat us at least twice in a row. UCF has Gus running the show, and while he's better than Billy, maybe Gus's idiocy rears it's ugly head just in time to save us at the end of the game. Seriously, we could be seriously fukked, and it's all because our coaching staff is a bunch of clowns.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It’s becoming Shakespearean.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more humid and listless,
and draggest on to no good end.
Peddling hope and bringing sorrow.
Thy sweat cometh forth too easily.
Slow of foot and slower of mind, thy weakening limbs raise no defense and portend doom at every turn.
Thou knowest not which way to go and are always late in arrival.
Thy route trees yield much fruit, but each is small and bitter, gaining nought the line.
“Move! Move! Move the line!” they cry, yet thou art ever moved.
Not backing down, yet free falling.
Scorn of dawgs awaits, knowing thy every move and laughing - taking what little you have.
Okay, well done but this is a little highbrow for me. First thing that came to mind when I read it was:

“Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Eve”.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
At quick glance and without having done the research (what I'm saying is that my opinion is subject to change), I can see us losing to all of them; but if you want me to be more of an optimist, I'll say I can definitely see us losing to UM, A&M & Kentucky. Missy St. under Jeff Leby if he can score some points against us, too. UCF and Tennessee might possibly be toss ups, and I only say that about Tenn. until they show they can beat us at least twice in a row. UCF has Gus running the show, and while he's better than Billy, maybe Gus's idiocy rears it's ugly head just in time to save us at the end of the game. Seriously, we could be seriously fukked, and it's all because our coaching staff is a bunch of clowns.
You had me at "quick glance".

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Right? Where are the Offensive Linemen? Where the fuch are the Tackles? Deep talent pools, 2 freaking OLine Coaches, and zero recruits of note after 3 recruiting cycles. You have to be kidding me.
Yeah but....I'd imagine most of his in home and HS recruiting visits go something like this....

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe he'll nut up and treat Sun Belt Billy like one of those anti-Israel protestors. If needed, maybe we can photoshop Billy's dimwitted mug into a picture showing him participating at this week's demonstrations.
That's thinking outside the box. That might just work. Get @jdh5484 on the case.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Dont get too far off the trail.

QB Keeper isnt a real offense. And it absolutely destroys recruiting bc no WR, RB or real QB wants to play in that shiite. Once it became apparent what his offense looks like he, bc Utah ran something different under another OC, destroyed offensive recruiting around 2007 too. He left shiite on that side of the ball then too. He has absolutely destroyed us twice.
Very, very ironic that the #1 total offense record for a season belongs to 2* Trask under Mullen - and he “willingly” rushed for a net of just 50 yards. One tossed shoe away from more opportunity to have a special year.

Then the no-show bowl and the next year he’s back to QB runs and his weaknesses/resentments implode the program despite having his perfect QB in the wings.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
O/U is going to be 3.5 wins…next year is already one to forget about

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. One tossed shoe away from more opportunity to have a special year.
It was a four loss season, 3 losses of which were to terrible teams.

The last almost good year Mullen (with Dak) had also ended with a triple faceplant to end the season. This isnt uncommon for him.

We were one competent coach away from a special year not one shoe toss.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The last almost good year Mullen (with Dak) had also ended with a triple faceplant to end the season. This isnt uncommon for him.

Agreed
People forget some of the boneheaded decisions Mullen made leading up to the LSU game that contributed to the loss.
Tossed shoe or not, Mullen would have found a way to lose that game regardless.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the no-show bowl and the next year he’s back to QB runs and his weaknesses/resentments implode the program
i think this was primarily due to the offensive brain talent walking out the door to philadelphia. when we lost our OC who was calling an excellent offense, mullen simply went back to mullen ball.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Fair enough…

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
i think this was primarily due to the offensive brain talent walking out the door to philadelphia. when we lost our OC who was calling an excellent offense, mullen simply went back to mullen ball.
Yep. Trask's amazing year should properly be credited to QB coach and passing coordinator, Brian Johnson.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Trask's amazing year can should properly be credited to QB coach and passing coordinator, Brian Johnson.
He was play caller and OC that year, until late in the season when Mullen took over again hoping to protect Grantham by scoring less and running more clock. It is true of course if you are down by three scores the offense takes more chances and burns the defense more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.