The current state of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n224242 said:
Excellent piece of advice, Ox. Humans have a built-in negativity bias. It's an aspect of our neurology, and awareness of this bias can really make a difference in the life of a group (and one's own life). Rick Hanson, in Hardwiring Happiness, describes it this way: "the brain’s negativity bias is like Velcro for negative experiences but Teflon for positive ones. This bias evolved to help ancient animals survive, but today it makes us feel needlessly frazzled, worried, irritated, lonely, inadequate, and blue."

Turns out, we're hard-wired to want to fire Foley.
I have to really work on my own negativity bias all the time. It's remarkable to be alive and to be a Gator, and I wanna live as though I know it.

Interesting - and to think the Scientologists told me those feelings were due to someone named Xenu bringing billions of people to Earth 75 million years ago and killing them around volcanos with hydrogen bombs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n224225 said:
It's ironic that in the thread Ox created to talk about that state of union and not wanting to ban people.... will get snowflake banned.

Ox was nice to tolerate that piece of butt fuzz as long as he did.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
0d5192406024707878681249c8743bf9.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n224225 said:
It's ironic that in the thread Ox created to talk about that state of union and not wanting to ban people.... will get snowflake banned.
Agreed, I was being tolerant to his dribble in this thread, but his reply to Tally deserves a long vacation

Go Gators

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n224223 said:
No one cares about the sports you so proudly list. I think, I recall from somewhere, that Florida is a football school. No one cares about some Capital One Cup, and almost everyone would trade it in a heartbeat for a measly East division title in football. Florida IS a football school and it's sad that you seem thrilled about gymnastics, softball, etc. I could care less about how many folks say "Go Gators" since it wins zero games in the only sport that matters. By the way, it's not nearly as rosy as you depict. Maybe a lot of people are saying "Go Gators,"but the most meaningful sign is what people do with their wallets. There is an easy an effective way to learn the true measure of how well a program is doing. Go to your favorite retailer and look at the clearance rack for sports apparel. If you check now, and this has been the case for a while now, you'll find the school with the overwhelming representation is Florida. If these other sports mattered, would that be the case?

:crazy:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n224235 said:
There is a blue arrow on the left side of the title that takes you to the last read post, and it goes from bold to unbold when you've read the thread. As for who made the last post, that's not that important (unless it's Wobble, then you know not to bother to click).

I posted a pic of the update a couple days ago in the Feedback Forum. Didn't like it, thought my phone was acting up, but getting used to it.

Only wish/suggestion I have now is to make that little blue arrow larger. Half the time when I tap it, the thread title gets the indication and I go to the beginning of the thread. Once that happens you have to go through the entire thread.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n224223 said:
No one cares about the sports you so proudly list. I think, I recall from somewhere, that Florida is a football school. No one cares about some Capital One Cup, and almost everyone would trade it in a heartbeat for a measly East division title in football. Florida IS a football school and it's sad that you seem thrilled about gymnastics, softball, etc. I could care less about how many folks say "Go Gators" since it wins zero games in the only sport that matters. By the way, it's not nearly as rosy as you depict. Maybe a lot of people are saying "Go Gators,"but the most meaningful sign is what people do with their wallets. There is an easy an effective way to learn the true measure of how well a program is doing. Go to your favorite retailer and look at the clearance rack for sports apparel. If you check now, and this has been the case for a while now, you'll find the school with the overwhelming representation is Florida. If these other sports mattered, would that be the case?

first I told you that I am nobody. Next u need to be banned. Simple!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
skyflake;n224223 said:
I think Law's son just got an account for gatorchatter.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n224223 said:
Are you a Gator fan? You have 24 hours to give me a straight answer on that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"No one cares about those "other sports". Guilty-me. But as Gator fans why can't we start caring ? Lord, wouldn't we
enjoy prouder won-loss records ? How many are like me … just kinda forget to watch 'em ? to keep tabs on them.

I have accidentally caught Gator volleyball on TV and found it fan-worthy. Shoot, Lady Gator softball turned into a
grand spectator sport last season and is earning viewership fans this season… got some record-breaking home run
hitting. Headed, highly ranked towards the college world series, I bet. Same goes for our men's baseball team.
Don't forget soccer. Gators are very good there.
Track & Field can be exciting, especially the relays. Any sport that
the Gators dominate in should hook us into
watching, cheering…and postings to brag about…..fuss about.

That Capital One cup is a hell of an accomplishment. Remember, all these involve Gator teams, teammates' pride.
All achieved by UF student-athletes. There's Gator cheering in all of them… and we can beat Alabama in most all
of them. I'm going to Gatorzone to see what I can find. --- Get that ole Gator pride juiced up in preparation for football,
basketball = our more risky winning sports. :thumbup:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n224338 said:
Are you a Gator fan? You have 24 hours to give me a straight answer on that.

Simple answer is NO!! Better yet H*** NO! Now no doubt the major sports generate the money, and much of the interests, but true Gators support every sport and never insist that "nobody" does when in the small sample size here we have several who follow minor sports. Simple!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In all kind of Weather!

:chomp:

I don't want skyflake banned just because I disagree with him.

We need divergent ideas to keep our blood flowing until kick off!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n224201 said:
I'm curious about this. The new software update focused on streamlining the mobile site. Why can you post now when you couldn't before? What's the difference?
Everything is going to mobile, Ox. You need to encourage your hamster geeks to step up their efforts...
I still can't get an active cursor on my iPhone 5 other than in the chatterbox or on the subject line only in the case of PM's.
This post is on an iPad Air and only goes through about half the time....pitiful
I tried tapatalk and a couple of non Safari browsers to no avail....it shouldn't be this hard to post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n224357 said:
Everything is going to mobile, Ox. You need to encourage your hamster geeks to step up their efforts...
I still can't get an active cursor on my iPhone 5 other than in the chatterbox or on the subject line only in the case of PM's.
This post is on an iPad Air and only goes through about half the time....pitiful
I tried tapatalk and a couple of non Safari browsers to no avail....it shouldn't be this hard to post.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no problem getting a cursor on my iPhone 5S, or my iPhone 6 Plus, or my iPad Air 2. No one has complained more about computer problems and issues than you over the last year, so perhaps the problem is you, old friend.

No offense. :dance:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n224356 said:
In all kind of Weather!

:chomp:

I don't want skyflake banned just because I disagree with him.

We need divergent ideas to keep our blood flowing until kick off!

Well since he is a troll and the general rule is to ban such he needs to go. Not to mention insisting "nobody" cares when several have indicated that they do is disrespectful and I don't take kindly to that at all.

Do you really think he is a Gator fan with his attitude? I sure don't!!! And it is not a difference of opinion, but rather a difference in "fact". Plenty of Gators do care about the minor sports.

PS your quote goes for Gators he is not one in my view.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n224364 said:
I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no problem getting a cursor on my iPhone 5S, or my iPhone 6 Plus, or my iPad Air 2. No one has complained more about computer problems and issues than you over the last year, so perhaps the problem is you, old friend.

No offense. :dance:

SaltyAlberts solution to not getting a cursor was just not posting for 10 months. Someone else couldn't post on their Galaxy III til this recent fix. URG, who is a techie, has to use the puffin browser on his iPhone for this website only. NV and Brad have opined in this thread of problems with the new fix. My goal is not to complain, but to alert you to issues that may be also affecting others who just might be reluctant to say anything like Salty and the Galaxy person.
Old fart that I am, it is certainly possible that the problem is me, but it happens on two newer Apple devices on both AT&T LTE and Comcast wifi. I shall refrain.
No offense taken.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.