The Masters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping we could actually discuss the tournament. Who do you guys think will win?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger hasn't won a master in 12 years, he isn't going to win another in his life. He has played his past 2 tournaments as a good golfer, but the way he fell apart just when he got close to sniffing the lead in the last tournament tells me he doesn't have it anymore.

He's like a great boxer that lives on his past glory, yea he will be good for a round a two, but doesn't enough in the tank (both physically and mentally at this moment) to rise to the occasion.

On another note, fvk golf, calling it a sport is a joke, when the fans can't scream their pleasure or displeasure when they want, pffff

edit add: I pick Justin Rose to win, I discussed the tournament

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, anyone want to actually discuss the tournament?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On another note, fvk golf, calling it a sport is a joke, when the fans can't scream their pleasure or displeasure when they want, pffff
Where did that come from?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

No. :)

Ok, Ok. It's a crap shoot.

You'd better be long off the tee.
Your irons better be high with some bite with distance control (if your not long, you'd better be a really high ball hitter)
If your putter isn't hot forget it.
Don't have a crappy round and shoot yourself out of it.
Bonus points for having played the tournament more than three times.

15 guys could fit that profile. Toss a coin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Your irons better be high with some bite with distance control (if your not long, you'd better be a really high ball hitter)

Edit: Stay away from Rae's Creek.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Ok , I'll bite. I think Rory completes the GS. He is driving the ball far and away better than anyone else on tour right now. His confidence is skyhigh following his win at the API, and i think he has figured out his new equipment, and is really hungry for that title.

The back nine last week was pretty impressive. I realize that Tiger has won 4 of these tournaments, and is just getting back into competition , but i just dont see that fire in him thay was so bright before.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

Rory "should" win but then again he should have been winning everything in sight for the past few years. Perhaps he now has the proper mental focus to go along with his considerable physical skills. I do question whether his past failure at Augusta will possibly cause him some internal doubts.

Dustin Johnson seems to have the game best suited to win but even though people keep promoting him as the next "it" guy he hasn't stepped forward to dominate the Tour. He seems to either be too laid back or too committed to having fun to be the next great player.

The two Justin's have both played well this year.....Thomas and Rose both have enough game to win. Speith has not done much to inspire confidence recently. I don't think Ricky has the gravitas to win a major. I think Matsuyama is a really good player but it may be June before he finishes his pre-shot routine.

Tiger is certainly in the discussion but I don't know that I see him winning. Contrary to some others I do believe he has shown enough game to win again, both regular events and a major. I think his lack of tournament reps will keep him from this year's green jacket. Augusta penalizes even the smallest moment of inattention and I think Tiger hasn't played enough tournament golf this year to have that razor sharp focus for 72 holes.

Augusta has a history of some odd, unexpected winners. Trevor Immelman, Charles Schwartzel, Sandy Lyle. Maybe a guy like Tommy (not Mick) Fleetwood plays well for 72 holes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Speith seems like the forgotten man.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We build 'em up to tear 'em down. Then we root for them as the underdog, which pretty much sums up my feelings about Tiger Woods. I'm back on the train.

I'd love to see him play well, but I doubt he'll be in serious contention. The back and swing seem solid. I'm just not sure his head is, not when he shows how tentative he is by grabbing an iron on a par-4 closing hole down a stroke.

He’s been in serious contention his last 2 tournaments and he’s always been really good at Augusta. He may not win it but I at least expect him within striking distance on Sunday. You got to be patient and selectively aggressive at Augusta and Tiger has always been great at that.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So let me see if I got this straight. You're an admitted golf fan and it's the most popular major of the season every year by far.

Now throw in the story line about the greatest golfer of our generation, and one of the most intriguing sports figures of all time. A man who was once winning at a clip that didn't seem humanly possible in this sport who then abruptly fell from grace to be shamed by his personal life, and at the same time completely lost his game looking like his career was completely over after 5 major surgeries and multiple prior comeback attempts.

But now he has inexplicably resurrected his game just in time for the Masters, a Major he once dominated like no other. And if he is in contention on Sunday you're not going to watch? The only thing dumber than this concept is the fact that you got 2 Likes for expressing it.

Utter Bullshat.

The GOAT, Jack Nicklaus, owns his ass.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

fify

Tigger-Bounce.jpg

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger hasn't won a master in 12 years, he isn't going to win another in his life. He has played his past 2 tournaments as a good golfer, but the way he fell apart just when he got close to sniffing the lead in the last tournament tells me he doesn't have it anymore.

He's like a great boxer that lives on his past glory, yea he will be good for a round a two, but doesn't enough in the tank (both physically and mentally at this moment) to rise to the occasion.

edit add: I pick Justin Rose to win, I discussed the tournament

Why do I imagine this was you as a young impressionable budding golfer?

tenor.gif

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Most of that described Lefty. Not a bad pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator