Sep 9, 2014
Franks making a third and fourth read?
Made it to the third read in this one.

th

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Corral decides to go elsewhere there will be a major Mullen meltdown......
I don't think there should be. I don't expect Corral to sign with us so am already wondering who Mullen is going to land at QB. We really need so sign 2 that fit his offense. I expect we won't get a QB in the early signing so will have to sweat it out until February.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Corral isn’t a fit, it may be time to come to grips with that. If he still decides to come, great. If not, Mullen will get one or two guys that fit his system better.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
kids make crazy decisions that look wrong from the outside. Hell I can't figure out why Fields committed to a school loaded with QB's, one of which is a freshman that had a stellar year.
Indeed they do, like say, perhaps, a top flight qb committing to a school with an inbred semi-retard as the HC who employs his buddy, literally the worst OC since the invention of the forward pass, Mr 120 himself.

But nah, fields committing to a school who is killing it on and off the field is the crazy decision :lol:

Some of us around here are wearing orange glasses so thick we might as well have blinders on. The craziest decision in all of college football the last couple years was very likely corral committing to butters and nuss. So anything he does from this point forward, including deciding to go elsewhere, ole miss included, pales in comparison.

At this point, saying someone like fields is crazy for going to uga looks to be about the same as saying some 5* qb is crazy for signing with bama. Sorry, but it just doesn't work. Talented kids want to go where they are going to be best developed and where they know they are gonna win big year in and year out. Right now thats definitely bama and all signs are pointing to uga as well. Going there isn't a crazy decision unless you are some low rated dude who will never see the field; a 5* going there isn't crazy at all.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Corral isn’t a fit, it may be time to come to grips with that. If he still decides to come, great. If not, Mullen will get one or two guys that fit his system better.
He isn't a fit in what mullen regularly runs, but he could still be extremely good if mullen changed things up a bit. Law made a post about it recently and summed it up perfectly. What mullen does on read options is normally have the backs take the outside runs and the qb either pass or take the inside runs. That is why he always wants a big strong kid at the qb spot; the inside runs demand it.

However, if mullen changed it up every so slightly corral could possibly be very effective. Look at what auburn does - they have the backs typically take the inside runs and the qb throw or take the outside runs. You dont have to be a beast to run to open space outside the defensive interior as long as you are smart about it and get down when necessary to avoid nasty hits. A few simple tweaks and corral could be great in mullen's scheme, but thats IF mullen wants to make those tweaks. I'm hoping he does, although Ive yet to see or have anyone else show me that he ever has, and that is why I think there's a legit chance the kid goes elsewhere. We all need to consider the fact that mullen may simply not be interested in anything but running qb power with his signal caller.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He isn't a fit in what mullen regularly runs, but he could still be extremely good if mullen changed things up a bit. Law made a post about it recently and summed it up perfectly. What mullen does on read options is normally have the backs take the outside runs and the qb either pass or take the inside runs. That is why he always wants a big strong kid at the qb spot; the inside runs demand it.

However, if mullen changed it up every so slightly corral could possibly be very effective. Look at what auburn does - they have the backs typically take the inside runs and the qb throw or take the outside runs. You dont have to be a beast to run to open space outside the defensive interior as long as you are smart about it and get down when necessary to avoid nasty hits. A few simple tweaks and corral could be great in mullen's scheme, but thats IF mullen wants to make those tweaks. I'm hoping he does, although Ive yet to see or have anyone else show me that he ever has, and that is why I think there's a legit chance the kid goes elsewhere. We all need to consider the fact that mullen may simply not be interested in anything but running qb power with his signal caller.

This is a reasonable view that considers both sides of the argument. That type of thinking is frowned upon around here. Maybe you need a brief vacation to think about what you just did, young man.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

I think Mullen is more than willing to make the needed adjustments considering he seems to honestly really want the kid and they have done the in home visit. As far as I know Matt is still doing his official this weekend. If he doesn't show we have our answer. What will probably happen is he will say what a great visit he had, but decide not to sign early and keep stringing us along.

You have to admit, it is very odd when you look at his talent level vs his number of offers. It doesn't seem like getting in one fight in HS is enough to make most of the country pull away from him. It could be the Manziel effect, that is if a QB reminds you of JM then stay away.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Yea I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I just don’t think Mullen adapts his offense to fit a recruit IMO. Most coaches are pretty stubborn, and the fact that Mullen has other options he can explore makes me think he will do just that.

Or maybe he really likes Corral :dunno:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Gonzalez is now following Van Jefferson, current Ole Miss transfer eligible and former 4* WR. He's a 6'-2" 180lb junior.
Take that how you want.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Really good post; you huddle-cuddled with Durty's Toe didn't you? Admit it.

Okay then, has Mullen ever had an excellent passing QB like Corral at centerstage? Anybody saying Mullen would turn his back on or fail with a Rex Grossman?
Boy, "delayed-cetainty" surely compels pessimisms to jump the gun. For me, I positively look forward to our athletes hearing Mullen's starter-pistol loud & clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator