The National Signing Day Thread

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
He isn't a fit in what mullen regularly runs, but he could still be extremely good if mullen changed things up a bit.

Mullen was involved in two NC teams. Leak was the QB in 2006. He definitely wasn't a fit. He had good football IQ but wasn't athletic and had a weak arm. Corral seems to have good football IQ also, has a great arm, and seems to be reasonably athletic.

What will probably happen is he will say what a great visit he had, but decide not to sign early and keep stringing us along.

Corral plans on being an EE. He will make up his mind and sign (someplace) on December 20.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Gonzalez is now following Van Jefferson, current Ole Miss transfer eligible and former 4* WR. He's a 6'-2" 180lb junior.
Take that how you want.
won't mean much unless he follows back

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mullen sent Billy to see Corral and then followed up with him and Johnson in home. If Mullen was not interested, Billy would have been good enough. Now Corral is coming for an official.....he is likely to enroll on the 20th......

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Mullen sent Billy to see Corral and then followed up with him and Johnson in home. If Mullen was not interested, Billy would have been good enough. Now Corral is coming for an official.....he is likely to enroll on the 20th......

Not according to 247.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The one thing that makes me really nervous about Corral deciding not to come here, is his lack of twitter recruiting love. He was all over us on social media, and then Butters gets whacked, and the offense changes. Things naturally are going to slow down there with his pro UF posts.

But if the visits from Billy G and Mullen got him back on the train, wouldn't he start working the twitter recruiting for us again. I hope he has a great visit this weekend and we start seeing more pro UF tweets from him.

I am all for getting another Mullen type QB in this class, but we need to get Corral enrolled. I hope they are not throwing him a pizza party this weekend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Made it to the third read in this one.

th
Mullinz passing game isnt that complicated. Seriously, it is mostly count the box and watch a safety

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Corral is gone. Don’t know why we are talking about it anymore. Bought the bs from Luke, Mullen slow played the best thing we had, and now we are back to nothing. Dumb, wrong move by Corch Mullins.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Corral is gone. Don’t know why we are talking about it anymore. Bought the bs from Luke, Mullen slow playedidd the best thing we had, and now we are back to nothing. Dumb, wrong move by Corch Mullins.
Didn't have to be that blunt, but it looks a lot like that at this point.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is gone. Don’t know why we are talking about it anymore. Bought the bs from Luke, Mullen slow played the best thing we had, and now we are back to nothing. Dumb, wrong move by Corch Mullins.

I am hoping he comes this weekend, and we reel him back in. Even if you did slow play him for a week, you blow him away with this visit and close the deal.

How ironic would it be for DM to lose Corral to Ole Miss. And a bowl ban, on probation, players jumping off the sinking ship Ole Miss.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mullen was involved in two NC teams. Leak was the QB in 2006. He definitely wasn't a fit. He had good football IQ but wasn't athletic and had a weak arm. Corral seems to have good football IQ also, has a great arm, and seems to be reasonably athletic.

Corral plans on being an EE. He will make up his mind and sign (someplace) on December 20.
Or he won't. We'll know soon enough, but 18 y/o star athletes have been known to change their minds pretty regularly.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the link to the Dual Threat QB's off Rivals.

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2018/DUAL

Players of note:
#1 Justin Fields - Long shot, we know the story here.
#2 Emory Jones - Has expressed interest, but may just be trying to drive up his cost to OSU or Bama
#6 Jarren Williams - committed to Miami recently, ship may have sailed
#7 Joey Gatewood - Auburn commit since a freshman, long shot
#11 Joe Milton - committed to Mich, now in play due to Patterson transfer. May be the best chance to add.
#16 Jalen Mayden - MSU commit. Already said he wouldn't come to UF, but has a full press been put on to test him yet?
#17 James Foster - highest rated who's not committed
#18 Gerry Bohanon - 2nd highest rated uncommitted. Better size than Foster

JUCO QB Rankings
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege&Position=DUAL

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The one thing that makes me really nervous about Corral deciding not to come here, is his lack of twitter recruiting love. He was all over us on social media, and then Butters gets whacked, and the offense changes. Things naturally are going to slow down there with his pro UF posts.

But if the visits from Billy G and Mullen got him back on the train, wouldn't he start working the twitter recruiting for us again. I hope he has a great visit this weekend and we start seeing more pro UF tweets from him.

I am all for getting another Mullen type QB in this class, but we need to get Corral enrolled. I hope they are not throwing him a pizza party this weekend.
I heard Franks is going to lend him his Cougar.

wait...what are you guys thinking? He's into classic muscle cars, get your mind out of the gutter.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Let’s see who we end up with first. Corral don’t fit his offense yo

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If an elite prospect doesn't fit? Like a girl is too hot or a beer too cold, Houston we have a problem
no it's not like that at all.

a better comparison is Chris leak and Josh Portis. leak would have been an All-American in spurrier's offense he was a source of many an internet Rampage while being forced to run the option by Mullen & Company. portis wasn't particularly talented but I'm sure he would have been great in Mullins offense if he had his head on straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.