The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
But we are ahead of UGA and Bama... so that tells you how important early recruiting rankings are.

Oh, I agree. Just pointing it out. If we get Fields we'll jump from 26 to top 5. If we get any other 5-star we'd likely go from 26 to top 10.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There will be some big adjustments to rankings after summer camps. As long as we're sitting around 12-15 commits by the end of summer we should be fine.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never even looked :bananadance2:
What do you do all day?
giphy.gif

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Oh, I agree. Just pointing it out. If we get Fields we'll jump from 26 to top 5. If we get any other 5-star we'd likely go from 26 to top 10.
I'd start giving Mac a little respect if he can pull Fields! I don't see it happening but if it did it would be a major step in the right direction. I think Fields ends up the #1 overall player when it's all said and done.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There will be some big adjustments to rankings after summer camps. As long as we're sitting around 12-15 commits by the end of summer we should be fine.

That's a stretch. I'm hoping for 10. If we have more than that, great. But that means we'll have to have 5-8 more commits between now (June 1st) and Sept 1st. I hope you're right though....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals has Burney as an Athlete.

247 sees him as a safety.

ESPN sees him as a WR.

https://www.espn.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=80438

What he brings: Burney is big and strong with deceptively good top-end speed. He's a big player who moves like a small player. He attacks and fights for the football in traffic and can take it away from a defender. Burney is strong with the ball in his hands and rarely goes down after first contact, and he runs away from defenders in the open field. He's like an undersized, athletic H-back who plays out wide. Burney has what you look for in a prospect: He's big, strong and fast.

Florida commit Amari Burney, the No. 40-ranked player in the ESPN 300, could project to a few positions on both sides of the ball for the Gators. Tom Hauck for Student Sports
How he fits: While he could project to a few positions on both sides of the ball, we feel his highest upside is as a wide receiver. Overall, he's a physically gifted athlete with upside, though he must develop as a route runner. Florida is talented right now at receiver but does not have a player like Burney in terms of physical attributes and measurable standards.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a stretch. I'm hoping for 10. If we have more than that, great. But that means we'll have to have 5-8 more commits between now (June 1st) and Sept 1st. I hope you're right though....

These guys are definitely going to have to clean up during the summer. Otherwise they are going to be in the same boat again, scrambling frantically to close on players before the dead period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator