The National Signing Day Thread

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
To be fair, he did qualify with an and...saying both not either.

He did, still surprising that he went head to head with Saban and beat him for a recruit. Butters is trash so that's enough positive talk about him.

Yeah.... pretty obvious that Saban would be scoring touchdowns and butters would need field goals instead.

this is a huge deal stealing a quarterback from Cryer especially. now geography and weather and all that are on our side but fact is we haven't won one of these in years.

It will be a huge deal to steal Jones, makes you think that top 10 classes at the very least will be the norm with our share of top 5 classes when Mullen has time to properly recruit and develop those relationships. He may not be Meyer (who is outside of Saban?) but he'll be very good.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

This is what I don't understand. You encourage everyone to drop the extremes and then your comment related to a huge positive potential recruit is intended to demean Mullen. It may be more subtle than normal but you are clearly saying that he didn't really hit a home run...someone made an error that allowed the run to score. I just don't get the incessant push to criticize every single aspect of the new coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be a huge deal to steal Jones, makes you think that top 10 classes at the very least will be the norm
Top 10 classes ARE the norm here. #7 - #10 is an average, maybe even below average class. Just because Yellowteeth couldn't recruit hasn't changed the fact that WE ARE FLORIDA.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As we watch Mullen's late-to-the-table recruiting class climb to higher rankings, dare we believe that the old Gator-mystique returns to draw Mullen into expanding in his offensive philosophy? turn him into an elite-status HC? That mystique causes a high scoring offense garnering national attention plus the attention of recruits all around this state and beyond.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah.... pretty obvious that Saban would be scoring touchdowns and butters would need field goals instead.

this is a huge deal stealing a quarterback from Cryer especially. now geography and weather and all that are on our side but fact is we haven't won one of these in years.
Bama REFUSED to take another qb, they legit went all in and waited for Emory Jones, recruited him incredibly hard, and mullen jacked him from Saban and Meyer. There’s things that play into it sure, but there are things that interested him about OSU and Bama too. It’s a big recruiting win. Hopefully we can win more of these

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Don’t be a dick.
Crikey a mod! Geta look at this beaut!

03.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crikey a mod! Geta look at this beaut!

03.jpg

Says the guy who was a mod on the last board and disappeared for two years.

I’m here all the time. The role as the mod is to keep things moving. Not to micromanage the board. Our goal from the outset has been to allow free exchange of ideas and to limit bannings and vacations as much as possible.

The hardest thing to do as a mod is to read everything, to vehemently disagree, and to keep my mouth shut. The reason that I do this, is to not influence postings. I want people to be able to post without fear of a mod ban hammer. I have to show a lot of restraint.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

I’m here all the time. The role as the mod is to keep things moving. Not to micromanage the board. Our goal from the outset has been to allow free exchange of ideas and to limit bannings and vacations as much as possible.

The hardest thing to do as a mod is to read everything, to vehemently disagree, and to keep my mouth shut. The reason that I do this, is to not influence postings. I want people to be able to post without fear of a mod ban hammer. I have to show a lot of restraint.
Holy **** you took it way too seriously J. Lighten up. I’m purposely trying to annoy Ox. That’s all

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Serious J is serious.

:lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Huge get when we land Jones. This is still a transition class and shouldn't be weighted too much on Mullen. Next year will be the big one.

Meyer and OSU have been backing off Jones for a while fyi per the article Daddy posted. Mullen took advantage. Great for UF Great for Mullen and Great for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.