The National Signing Day Thread

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:facepalm:

I can't believe this, but it's real.

I clicked on the 'show ignored content' link and read this last page of donkey's thoughts. ...and I agree with the organizational system he's saying. He's still a jerk and a miserable complainer (even in this thread), but on this point he's right.

We should have a thread for each recruit.
It should be in this board, not the recruiting board.
It should be tagged with:
- recruiting
- *position of recruit*

That way we easily find recruits from different years & positions. He's got a point about this being unusable as a reference or even to continue the discussion about a recruit. Otherwise everything has to be remembered.

Having said that, beggars can't be choosers and BMF is doing a fantastic job of providing content and fodder for discussion. It's just not in a good form. And yet, I'm grateful for it.

However, when it comes to his point,...

...Law is right.

:suicide2:

Top right. It's called search. Some recruits deserve a thread. Most don't.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

I can't believe this, but it's real.

I clicked on the 'show ignored content' link and read this last page of donkey's thoughts. ...and I agree with the organizational system he's saying. He's still a jerk and a miserable complainer (even in this thread), but on this point he's right.

We should have a thread for each recruit.
It should be in this board, not the recruiting board.
It should be tagged with:
- recruiting
- *position of recruit*

That way we easily find recruits from different years & positions. He's got a point about this being unusable as a reference or even to continue the discussion about a recruit. Otherwise everything has to be remembered.

Having said that, beggars can't be choosers and BMF is doing a fantastic job of providing content and fodder for discussion. It's just not in a good form. And yet, I'm grateful for it.

...Law is right.

:suicide2:

IMG_4583.GIF

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="BMF, post: 529001, member: 342] Having said that, beggars can't be choosers and BMF is doing a fantastic job of providing content and fodder for discussion. It's just not in a good form. And yet, I'm grateful for it.

...Law is right.

:suicide2:[/QUOTE]

Wait, you should be against the Law.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DT Culpepper working on summer visits
Sunshine State DT planning to visit several in July

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...-Culpepper-working-on-summer-visits--53324817

After a quiet June, Tampa (Fla.) Plant defensive tackle Judge Culpepper is looking to take several visits in the month of July. Currently the three-star defender only has one visit locked in with a set date, but has there are many other options that he hopes to check out.

“I have Penn State set for sure for July 12th and 13th that is the only one I have a date for,” said Culpepper. “I am working on getting some time set to visit Georgia, Nebraska, and LSU they all want me to come back for a visit. I think I am going to get something going soon to visit Florida. I was talking to Coach [Chris] Rumph the other day.”

The legacy prospect has visited the Florida Gators several times in his lifetime, and several times as a recruit. It’s been defensive line coach and area recruiter Chris Rumph leading the charge for Culpepper, and the two are very close.

“He says he has coached guys like me at the next level and says I kind of compare to [Joey] Ivie and the role he used. He said that is a guy that had a lot of success in their defense and helped things run. Coach Rumph says he has a challenge for me if I go to Florida to break my dad’s tackle for a loss record.”

The plan for Culpepper has always been to make a commitment sometime near the end of the summer or early parts of the fall. Which makes the visit he takes in July very important to shaping the landscape of his recruitment.

“I would say they are pretty important because it isn’t really set in stone now what school I am going to. These visits just give me a chance to come back one last time and get all the information that I need to make my decision. I think I should be ready to commit like a week or two before the start of the season so maybe late July or early August.”

When that decision is made, the 6-foot-4, 256-pounder plans to pick from six schools.

“I would say the top schools for me are Penn State, Florida, Syracuse, LSU, Nebraska, and Georgia. I like the coaches staff at all those schools and you can’t find a bad coach on any of those schools coaching staffs. It speaks volumes to me about those programs by the people they keep.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Culpepper as the No. 19 defensive lineman in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF offers 2019 DL Curtis Fann
Peach State prospect lands Florida offer.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/UF-offers-2019-DL-Curtis-Fann-53319193

Twin City (Ga.) Emanuel County Institute 2019 defensive end Curtis Fann landed an offer from the Florida Gators on Saturday. The 6-foot-3, 245-pound prospect also has tenders from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, and others.

Early predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball point in favor of the in-state Georgia Bulldogs for Fann.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star Barnes Closest With Two
4-star OT closest with two college programs

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Four-star-OT-William-Barnes-closest-with-two-programs--53321702

Later this week numerous top prospects will make their way out west to compete in the Nike Opening showcase. One of the top recruiting targets involved on the Florida Gators radar is Apopka (Fla.) offensive tackle William Barnes.

“Coming from Apopka we love competition and we don’t back down from it,” explained Barnes. “I always want to win and I hate losing more than I like wining so I want to come out and give my all.”

So far this summer, the four-star big man hasn’t been all that busy with college visits. Aside from a short bus tour, Barnes has taken visits only to Florida and North Carolina. His visit to Gainesville came first, and Barnes enjoyed the chance to get back to UF’s campus.

“It was good to get back and see the coaches again and get that face-to-face time to talk with them. I enjoyed seeing them all again and I like the school a lot. I think one of the cooler things I got to do there was hang out with some of the current players. It was good to be around guys like Fred Johnson and I saw the other guys on the offense line and it was good to see how they are as a team. I know Martez Ivey really good from UF as well.”

The visit to Chapel Hill was this past weekend, where the 6-foot-4, 312-pounder participated in UNC’s Freak Show Camp. Barnes has visited North Carolina several times in the past and has family ties to the school with his mother graduating from there.

“The trip was good and I liked being back around there and seeing the coaches again. It’s like a family environment at North Carolina. I like the players and they treat me like one of the guys so it’s nice to go.”

Barnes has yet to name any formal leaders at this time, but the usual suspects in this recruitment have been Auburn, Florida, Florida State, North Carolina, and Ohio State. When asked when he plans to make a leaderboard, Barnes said there is no timeline.

“I pride myself on keeping my options open at all times so I don’t know when I am every going to narrow it down and make some kind of list of schools. I see a lot of guys that always make lists and stuff and change them and I don’t want that to be me. I know the day will come eventually when schools want to know if they are in or out but I can worry about that in the future.”

Though he remains open, the Gators and Tar heels seem to have the edge with his closeness to the staff and campus.

“I keep in touch with a lot of good coaches but the ones I talk to the most and am most comfortable with is Florida and North Carolina. They show me family environments and I like to feel comfortable where I go to school and both of those schools have showed me that.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Barnes as the No. 4 offensive tackle in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FLORIDA GATORS RECRUITING
MAILBAG: JUNE 26TH EDITION

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-mailbag-june-26th-edition/

The Florida Gators recruiting/coaching staff is about to enter a dead period for the next few weeks for recruiting.

The break comes at the right time as the coaching staff has had a busy summer with hosting prospects and holding camps in Gainesville.

Gator Country’s members have a lot of questions about how the 2018 class will shake out and who are the top prospects that the Gators are after right now. We answer your questions in this week’s Florida Gators recruiting mailbag.

Well let’s dive right in to this week’s recruiting mailbag:

GatorNutz: If Justin Fields isn’t committed already by Monday, when do you see him announcing?

AS: Fields honestly has no decision timeline at all. The thing the Fields camp continues to say is that they will commit when they’re for sure on where they’re going. I think it will be this summer but that’s just a hunch on my part.

Nickelgators: Is Dax Holylfield just not interested or is it the Gators aren’t ?

AS: A little bit of both but both sides are continuing to stay in touch with each other.

GatorGolfer10: Without giving anything away how would you evaluate the job the staff has done in the recruitment of Justin Fields? Interested to hear your thoughts on the subject.

AS: Florida has done everything they can on recruiting Fields. They’ve been recruiting him hard and have made him the priority for the class. Not much else they can do differently.

MrB-Gator: Who is most likely (Gator leans) on the offensive line?

AS: Florida is still in good shape with William Barnes and Richard Gouraige. Florida is squarely in the mix for Nick Petit-Frere and Ed Montiulus.

McLeanti: Who are the two corners the staff trying to pull in?

AS: Pat Surtain and Tyson Campbell have been the top guys on the board for a while. Florida is still recruiting Josh Jobe, Randy Russell and Gilber Frierson hard too.

Texator: Did the Gators stop recruiting Malcom Lamar or something just went wrong in the process?

AS: Florida is still recruiting Lamar and the defensive end still plans to visit Gainesville. The top five may not be a true top five when all is said and done.

Defenstrator19: Who are our top defensive line targets and what kind of shape are we in with them?

AS: Dante Pitts, Malcolm Lamar, Azeez Ojulari, Micah Parsons, Rick Sandidge and Nesta Silvera are all up there. Florida in good shape with Pitts and Ojulari and are right there for Sandidge and Silvera.

UFsports24_7: With Warren Thompson committed to Oregon… who are our top receiver targets alongside Copeland?

AS: Jacob Copeland, Marquez Ezzar, Tyquan Thornton, and Justyn Ross are all guys that Florida is recruiting hard at the position.

Ufsports24_7: Are our main two tight end targets Kyle Pitts and Dante Lang??

AS: That’s a fair statement and if Florida was to land both of them, then the Gators would be very happy with the position.

BCNGator99: When the Nike Opening Teams are announced, could you break down the Gator targets that are on Fields team and whether or not you think they might be in his ear to come to UF.

AS: Absolutely. I plan to do that this week actually. I’ll break down each team that has Florida targets or commits on them.

Ufgatordad: Do you see the linebacker position being a down year this year, or are there some very strong candidates out there that we are in good shape for? Are any of our targets at that position at a Levi Jones level from last year?

AS: The linebacker position is down some this year but there is still a few good players out there at the position. Guys like David Reese, Channing Tindall and Richard Jibunor are all guys that Florida is recruiting hard. Florida is also staying in contact with Alabama commit Quay Walker.

Jmike131014: Do you believe we have a quarterback committed by July at the latest ?

AS: Florida would love to have one committed, I think by the start of the season they will have one committed.

Cbcoakley: Haven’t heard much about our top 3 running back targets in awhile, any developments outside of Iverson Clement?

AS: Dameon Pierce, Leddie Brown and Asa Martin are the guys they’re recruiting the hardest. Really nothing new on those guys except all three plan to visit Florida this summer.

Phildozer: Are there any kids in the NE Florida area that we are going after?

AS: Down year in that part of the state as far as guys that are Florida caliber.

Hogtown: What is your gut feeling at this stage with Matt Carrol?

AS: Good quarterback with some question marks off the field. If Florida doesn’t get Fields, then landing Carrol would be best case scenario. I think Florida can get him on campus in July.

Georglagator478: Are we still recruiting Kearis Jackson from Georgia, I know most people think he’s a Georgia lean but if we land Fields (since they are close) I think we get back in.

AS: Florida is recruiting him but not as hard as others. Jackson is a heavy Georgia lean at this point.

Gsacco: Are there any Florida targets you see in the ’17 class that would come in and be an impact type player as a Freshman?

AS: Florida needs a few of the defensive backs to be ready to go this year. Guys like Brad Stewart and Marco Wilson can do that if they come in and get up to speed on the defense.

Dhainer24: Could Amary Burney end up at linebacker? I have heard you say we may only take 1 LB and it seems like we keep recruiting safeties but aren’t recruiting LB as hard. Is that because the staff already thinks they have a LB in Burney?

AS: Could he? Sure if he gets super big in the weight room but I think he stays at safety because he’s very athletic and can play the position well. He’s also a very good receiver but I think defense is his calling card.

Ufgatordad: Read in an interview with William Barnes over on 247 that though he’s closest with us and UNC. He prides himself on being open to everyone and not making a list or narrowing down schools. Obviously the ideal response from our targets is that they love us and are 100% Gator, but even though Barnes is not saying that, do you still feel that we are in GREAT shape?

AS: Florida is still in solid shape with Barnes right now but North Carolina is the team talked about a lot with Florida. Florida and North Carolina are expecting a visit from him next month.

Scooterp: Is there a timeline for Asa Martin or Dameon Pierce? …and could you give a percentage of likelihood we land one of them.

AS: Martin is deciding in August and Pierce says he has no timeline right now. JaJuan Seider has made up a ton of ground on Pierce so I would say Florida has a better shot with him right now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
FLORIDA GATORS RECRUITING
MAILBAG: JUNE 26TH EDITION

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-mailbag-june-26th-edition/

The Florida Gators recruiting/coaching staff is about to enter a dead period for the next few weeks for recruiting.

The break comes at the right time as the coaching staff has had a busy summer with hosting prospects and holding camps in Gainesville.

Gator Country’s members have a lot of questions about how the 2018 class will shake out and who are the top prospects that the Gators are after right now. We answer your questions in this week’s Florida Gators recruiting mailbag.

Well let’s dive right in to this week’s recruiting mailbag:

GatorNutz: If Justin Fields isn’t committed already by Monday, when do you see him announcing?

AS: Fields honestly has no decision timeline at all. The thing the Fields camp continues to say is that they will commit when they’re for sure on where they’re going. I think it will be this summer but that’s just a hunch on my part.

Nickelgators: Is Dax Holylfield just not interested or is it the Gators aren’t ?

AS: A little bit of both but both sides are continuing to stay in touch with each other.

GatorGolfer10: Without giving anything away how would you evaluate the job the staff has done in the recruitment of Justin Fields? Interested to hear your thoughts on the subject.

AS: Florida has done everything they can on recruiting Fields. They’ve been recruiting him hard and have made him the priority for the class. Not much else they can do differently.

MrB-Gator: Who is most likely (Gator leans) on the offensive line?

AS: Florida is still in good shape with William Barnes and Richard Gouraige. Florida is squarely in the mix for Nick Petit-Frere and Ed Montiulus.

McLeanti: Who are the two corners the staff trying to pull in?

AS: Pat Surtain and Tyson Campbell have been the top guys on the board for a while. Florida is still recruiting Josh Jobe, Randy Russell and Gilber Frierson hard too.

Texator: Did the Gators stop recruiting Malcom Lamar or something just went wrong in the process?

AS: Florida is still recruiting Lamar and the defensive end still plans to visit Gainesville. The top five may not be a true top five when all is said and done.

Defenstrator19: Who are our top defensive line targets and what kind of shape are we in with them?

AS: Dante Pitts, Malcolm Lamar, Azeez Ojulari, Micah Parsons, Rick Sandidge and Nesta Silvera are all up there. Florida in good shape with Pitts and Ojulari and are right there for Sandidge and Silvera.

UFsports24_7: With Warren Thompson committed to Oregon… who are our top receiver targets alongside Copeland?

AS: Jacob Copeland, Marquez Ezzar, Tyquan Thornton, and Justyn Ross are all guys that Florida is recruiting hard at the position.

Ufsports24_7: Are our main two tight end targets Kyle Pitts and Dante Lang??

AS: That’s a fair statement and if Florida was to land both of them, then the Gators would be very happy with the position.

BCNGator99: When the Nike Opening Teams are announced, could you break down the Gator targets that are on Fields team and whether or not you think they might be in his ear to come to UF.

AS: Absolutely. I plan to do that this week actually. I’ll break down each team that has Florida targets or commits on them.

Ufgatordad: Do you see the linebacker position being a down year this year, or are there some very strong candidates out there that we are in good shape for? Are any of our targets at that position at a Levi Jones level from last year?

AS: The linebacker position is down some this year but there is still a few good players out there at the position. Guys like David Reese, Channing Tindall and Richard Jibunor are all guys that Florida is recruiting hard. Florida is also staying in contact with Alabama commit Quay Walker.

Jmike131014: Do you believe we have a quarterback committed by July at the latest ?

AS: Florida would love to have one committed, I think by the start of the season they will have one committed.

Cbcoakley: Haven’t heard much about our top 3 running back targets in awhile, any developments outside of Iverson Clement?

AS: Dameon Pierce, Leddie Brown and Asa Martin are the guys they’re recruiting the hardest. Really nothing new on those guys except all three plan to visit Florida this summer.

Phildozer: Are there any kids in the NE Florida area that we are going after?

AS: Down year in that part of the state as far as guys that are Florida caliber.

Hogtown: What is your gut feeling at this stage with Matt Carrol?

AS: Good quarterback with some question marks off the field. If Florida doesn’t get Fields, then landing Carrol would be best case scenario. I think Florida can get him on campus in July.

Georglagator478: Are we still recruiting Kearis Jackson from Georgia, I know most people think he’s a Georgia lean but if we land Fields (since they are close) I think we get back in.

AS: Florida is recruiting him but not as hard as others. Jackson is a heavy Georgia lean at this point.

Gsacco: Are there any Florida targets you see in the ’17 class that would come in and be an impact type player as a Freshman?

AS: Florida needs a few of the defensive backs to be ready to go this year. Guys like Brad Stewart and Marco Wilson can do that if they come in and get up to speed on the defense.

Dhainer24: Could Amary Burney end up at linebacker? I have heard you say we may only take 1 LB and it seems like we keep recruiting safeties but aren’t recruiting LB as hard. Is that because the staff already thinks they have a LB in Burney?

AS: Could he? Sure if he gets super big in the weight room but I think he stays at safety because he’s very athletic and can play the position well. He’s also a very good receiver but I think defense is his calling card.

Ufgatordad: Read in an interview with William Barnes over on 247 that though he’s closest with us and UNC. He prides himself on being open to everyone and not making a list or narrowing down schools. Obviously the ideal response from our targets is that they love us and are 100% Gator, but even though Barnes is not saying that, do you still feel that we are in GREAT shape?

AS: Florida is still in solid shape with Barnes right now but North Carolina is the team talked about a lot with Florida. Florida and North Carolina are expecting a visit from him next month.

Scooterp: Is there a timeline for Asa Martin or Dameon Pierce? …and could you give a percentage of likelihood we land one of them.

AS: Martin is deciding in August and Pierce says he has no timeline right now. JaJuan Seider has made up a ton of ground on Pierce so I would say Florida has a better shot with him right now.

Could you break that up into 27 different threads please. :whistle:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This class sounds just like last years with how slow its filling up. I don't think Mac and Co will get bailed out again though. We need to close these guys now and have them shut it down.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This class sounds just like last years with how slow its filling up. I don't think Mac and Co will get bailed out again though. We need to close these guys now and have them shut it down.

How'd they get bailed out?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
By getting multiple late projects and some flips.

If Mac wasn't able to get JRob, Slaton and Lemons this class would look worse.

That sounds like excuses to me. He was able to make it happen, it wasn't a "bail out." You can give Mac an ounce of credit, it won't hurt you I promise.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That sounds like excuses to me. He was able to make it happen, it wasn't a "bail out." You can give Mac an ounce of credit, it won't hurt you I promise.

Dont worry, these will be the same folks complaining we have 24 recruits locked up by December and get nobody on signing day and Mac can't close

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I used to follow recruiting. Now there's an 87.66614% chance we get player A...and a 42.61441% chance we get player B...three years from now. OK I'm exaggerating, but these recruiting "experts" have now gone into crazyville.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FBS recruiting dead period began on Monday:

It runs from June 26 - July 9, meaning coaches will take the little vacation time they get. When recruiting picks back up, media days will be upon us. FCS and Division II remain in quiet periods.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
College coaches aren’t allowed at the Manning Passing Academy, but Will Muschamp was there — because his son was a participant.

“If your son is involved in the camp or any type of combine situation, you can go,” Muschamp told The State. His son is a rising high school sophomore in Columbia.

“I can’t make any recruiting presentations, and I can’t talk to anybody other than my son, so that’s kind of what I do,” he said. The coach did wear a South Carolina visor, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator