The National Signing Day Thread

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
College coaches aren’t allowed at the Manning Passing Academy, but Will Muschamp was there — because his son was a participant.

“If your son is involved in the camp or any type of combine situation, you can go,” Muschamp told The State. His son is a rising high school sophomore in Columbia.

“I can’t make any recruiting presentations, and I can’t talk to anybody other than my son, so that’s kind of what I do,” he said. The coach did wear a South Carolina visor, though.

I bet saban will start adopting a HS freshman every 4 years to guarantee annual access.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators No. 5 recruiting target: TE Kyle Pitts

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-kyle-pitts

Top Targets: No. 5
This week SEC Country is looking at Florida’s top five targets for the Class of 2018.

The Gators currently have eight verbal commitments and their class is ranked No. 36 nationally in the 247Sports composite. Offensive line, quarterback and receiver are the biggest remaining needs.

Here is Florida’s No. 5 overall target:

4-star TE Kyle Pitts, Warminster, Pa. (Archbishop Wood)

Florida’s chances: 80 percent

Biggest threat: Virginia Tech

Last Florida visit: June 10

In his words: “I liked the [Florida] facilities and the education part. I enjoyed myself. Everyone was saying if I come here, be ready to play because there are some people leaving. Everyone here keeps it real and I like that.”

The skinny: Florida offered Pitts four months ago and hosted him on campus earlier this month. A few days after the visit, Pitts set a decision date (July 4) for his commitment. He has also taken trips to Penn State and Virginia Tech, but the Gators are viewed as the team to beat.

With Florida’s attrition at tight end over the past five months, Pitts has become an important target for Florida. Jalen Goss recently de-committed, former TE pledge Zech Byrd failed to sign with the 2017 class and Camrin Knight transferred last week after moving from tight end to linebacker in the spring.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Pitts is ranked the nation’s No. 13 tight end and No. 270 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite rankings.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leg Humpers just got Zamir White, the #1RB and #6 overall recruit.

But we didn't want him anyway.
Well, haven't heard any talk of White; but maybe that gives us a 'leg up' on getting Dameon Pierce then. Looks like it's us or Auburn at this point.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
College coaches aren’t allowed at the Manning Passing Academy, but Will Muschamp was there — because his son was a participant.

“If your son is involved in the camp or any type of combine situation, you can go,” Muschamp told The State. His son is a rising high school sophomore in Columbia.

“I can’t make any recruiting presentations, and I can’t talk to anybody other than my son, so that’s kind of what I do,” he said. The coach did wear a South Carolina visor, though.

He's just there to show manning what a "midline" is

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here’s a wild stat: Navy has secured 34 commits in a five-day span.

That included 11 after a Junior Day on Friday and 9 the day after that.

As a service academy, Navy is obviously in a different position than most teams. Last year's recruiting class had 53 players and was announced at the end of June.

Oklahoma has seen a boost in recruiting since Riley was promoted.

Since Riley took over, OU has added six commitments, from five different states (Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ohio and Kansas).

Oklahoma now has the No. 7 class in the country, tops in the Big 12, as the Sooners typically were under Stoops. This recent boost comes after Texas got several committed players from other schools. Tom Herman has the No. 8 class right now. This rivalry is gearing back up again.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Previewing the Florida Gators
targets at the Opening

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/previewing-the-florida-gators-targets-at-the-opening/

The Nike Opening Finals has become an annual event in Beaverton, Oregon that attracts the best of the best in regards to prospect. The event is held at the Nike World Headquarters at will take place from June 28th– July 3rd this year.

To start the event, prospects will take participate in the Sparq challenge, which consist of the 40-yard dash, vertical jump, agility, and the power ball toss.

The following two days the prospects will be divided into six teams to participate in a 7-on-7 tournament while the linemen participate in a linemen challenge.

Florida has several big targets in the event and will also send athlete commit Amari Burney to the event.
GatorCountry.com is going to break down the six teams and which guys you should watch for each team.

Team Alpha Menace

Quarterback Matthew Corral- The Gators are one of the teams that Corral has mentioned as being interested in after he decomitted from USC this month.

Receiver Kearis Jackson- Jackson has mentioned the Gators some but looks to be heading to Georgia.

Offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer- Salyer says he’s planning to visit Florida in July as he talks about Florida, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State as possible official visits.

Offensive lineman Trey Hill- Hill also says he wants to visit Florida in July but the Gators are battling Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and Florida State for his signature.

Team Hyper

Receiver Anthony Schwartz-Schwartz has a lot of speed and calls Florida his leader right now. The biggest question regarding Schwartz is whether he will run track in college or play both sports.

Tight end Kyle Pitts-Pitts is a Florida lean after taking a three-day visit to Gainesville in June with his mom. Pitts is planning to announce while out at the Opening.

Linebacker Channing Tindall-Florida has been hard after Tindall for months now and the linebacker visited this spring. Tindall plans to return in July and right now it looks like a three race with South Carolina and Georgia joining Florida.

Cornerback Tyson Campbell-The corner is one of the Gators top targets but he looks to leaning towards Ohio State at the moment.

Cornerback Pat Surtain Jr.-Surtain is an LSU lean after his father was born in New Orleans but the Gators continue to recruit Surtain hard.

Offensive lineman Richard Gouraige-Florida has really picked up steam for Gouraige since Brad Davis was hired this winter. Gouraige and his mother have visited Florida twice this spring and liked the visits.

Offensive lineman Rasheed Walker-The Maryland native is someone that JaJuan Seider has been recruiting but right now Penn State is the team to beat.

Team Mach

Quarterback Justin Fields-Fields is and has been the Gators top target at the position. The battle for Fields will likely continue throughout the summer with many teams still in the race.

Offensive lineman William Barnes-Barnes has had Florida and North Carolina near the top for a while now and that still seems to be the case. Barnes is a big target for Florida.

Team Savage

Quarterback Jarren Williams- Florida has been recruiting Williams for a while now despite his recommitment to Kentucky this spring. Williams would likely visit Florida if the Gators ask him too.

Receiver Justyn Ross-The Alabama native has Florida in his top group of schools but Alabama and Clemson are the schools talked about the most.

Receiver Mark Pope-Despite being committed to Miami, Pope visited Florida this summer and continues to talk to the Gators staff a lot.

Cornerback Josh Jobe-The Miami commit has been a top target for Florida but the Gators haven’t been able to get him on campus yet. Florida is trying to change that this summer.

Defensive end Azeez Ojulari-Ojulari picked up an offer this spring and likes Florida and linebackers coach Tim Skipper a lot.

Defensive tackle Nesta Silvera-Despite his commitment to Miami, Silvera says he plans to visit Florida in July and possibly even taken an official to Florida. Florida is gaining steam with the tackle.

Team Untouchable

Defensive end Micah Parsons- Parsons decomitted from Penn State and has talked about visiting Florida but has been unable too. Ohio State has gained a lot of steam for the defensive end recently.

Athlete Amari Burney- The lone Gators commit is on this team and Burney will tasked with recruiting for Florida will out in Oregon.

Defensive tackle Dante Stills-Stills has Florida as one of his top schools with West Virginia right now. Stills says he wants to visit Florida but no date has been set yet.

Defensive tackle Rick Sandidge- Sandidge visited Gainesville this spring and plans to return in July. Florida, South Carolina, Florida State, Miami, and Georgia are all in the mix.

Team Vapor Speed

Linebacker David Reese- Tim Skipper has made up a ton of ground for Reese this spring and the Gators are now in the thick of things with Miami and Florida State.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It will be a shame if we miss on this kid....

Gators No. 3 recruiting target: OL William Barnes

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-william-barnes

Top Targets: No. 3
This week SEC Country is looking at Florida’s top five targets for the Class of 2018.

The Gators currently have eight verbal commitments and their class is ranked No. 36 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. Offensive line, quarterback and receiver are the biggest remaining needs.

Here is Florida’s No. 3 overall target:

4-star OL William Barnes, Apopka, Fla.

Florida’s chances: 70 percent

Biggest threat: North Carolina

Last UF visit: June 3

In his words: “I love the campus. It’s just a great feeling. The atmosphere and the community, it’s all great. There’s no hatred in anybody. I just love talking to Coach Brad Davis. He’s just an awesome person to be around. I definitely like that about him.”

The skinny: The Gators offered Barnes last summer and several schools quickly followed suit, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida State and Ohio State. However, Florida’s toughest competition for Barnes is North Carolina. He received his first offer from the Tar Heels and his mother graduated from UNC.

Barnes has visited UF three times this year (June 3 update) and built a close relationship with Davis. He also played with Gators starting left tackle Martez Ivey on Apopka’s 2014 state title team and that connection could help Florida’s chances with the U.S. Army All-American.

The 6-foot-4, 312-pound Barnes is ranked the nation’s No. 4 offensive tackle and No. 51 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Time, full rosters, live updates for The Opening Finals 2017

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-opening-finals-2017

BEAVERTON, Ore. — More than a dozen Florida recruiting targets have traveled to Nike world headquarters for The Opening, an annual combine for the nation’s best high school football prospects.

This weekend, SEC Country will provide live updates, analysis, breaking news and more from The Opening Finals 2017.

Amari Burney, a 4-star safety from Clearwater, Fla., is the lone Gators commit competing in Oregon along with several UF targets, including 5-star quarterback Justin Fields.

The nation’s No. 1 dual-threat passer punched his ticket to The Opening last month and will try to win Elite 11 MVP with his play this weekend. Fields had a two-day visit to Florida in late June.

Some other names to watch are 4-star offensive linemen William Barnes (Apopka, Fla.) and Richard Gouraige (Tampa, Fla.), 4-star tight end Kyle Pitts (Pa.) and 4-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.).

Barnes and Gouraige are priority recruits for the Gators at a position of need, while Pitts and Schwartz both plan to make their decisions soon.

Schedule for The Opening finals 2017
Saturday, July 1

9:30-9:45 p.m. ET: Interview sessions
10:00-1:30 a.m. ET: Training camp/Showcase
Florida recruiting updates at The Opening Finals 2017
Check back at 9:30 p.m. ET for live updates and analysis on Florida recruits at The Opening finals.

The Opening Finals 2017 full rosters
Players in bold are serious Florida targets.

Team Hyper Strong
QB: Quincy Patterson, Jack Tuttle
RB: James Cook, Jamal Elliot
WR: Tommy Bush, Isaiah Crocker, Elijah Moore, Anthony Schwartz, Xavier Williams
TE: Kyle Pitts
LB: Amari Gainer, Cameron McGrone, Ovie Oghoufo, Channing Tindall
DB: Derrik Allen, Tyson Campbell, Jevon Holland, AJ Lytton, Asante Samuel Jr., Steve Stephens, Patrick Surtain Jr.
OL: Daniel Faalele, Richard Gouraige, Rasheed Walker
DL: Jayson Ademilola, Robert Cooper, Ja’Mion Franklin, PJ Mustipher

Team Untouchable
QB: Tanner McKee, Tyler Shough
RB: Devon Lawrence, TJ Pledger, Mychale Salahuddin
WR: Chase Cota, Joshua Moore, Gunner Romney, Jalen Preston, Devon Williams
TE: Chigoziem Okonkwo
LB: Brandon Kaho, Micah Parsons, Merlin Robertson
DB: Chase Williams, Corione Harris, Tyreke Johnson, Bookie Radley-Hiles, Bryan Addison, Amari Burney, Talanoa Hufanga
OL: William Craig, Brey Walker, Reuben Unije
DL: Jowon Briggs, Dante Stills, Michael Thompson, Rick Sandidge

Team Mach Speed
QB: Cammon Cooper, Justin Fields
RB: John Emery, Ricky Slade
WR: Kamryn Babb, Solomon Enis, Justin Shorter, Josh Vann, L’Christian Smith, Alontae Taylor
TE: Luke Ford
LB: Micah Baskerville, Jack Lamb, K’Vaughn Pope
DB: BJ Foster, Kelvin Joseph, Leon O’Neal, Chris Smith, Caden Sterns, Isaac Taylor-Stuart, Christian Tutt
OL: William Barnes, Penei Sewell, Sam Taimani
DL: Zachary Harrison, Nelson Jenkins III, Ron Tatum

Team Vapor Speed
QB: Devin Leary, Justin Rogers
RB: Jaelen Gill, Ricky Person Jr.
WR: Ja’Marr Chase, Brennan Eagles, Terrace Marshall Jr., Marquis Spiker, Al’Vonte Woodard
TE: George Takacs
LB: Teradja Mitchell, David Reese, Solomon Tuliaupupu
DB: Sevyn Banks, Anthony Cook, Jalen Green, D’Shawn Jamison, Josh Proctor, Atanza Vongor, Jaiden Woodbey
OL: Jackson Carman, Justin Dedich, Devontae Dobbs, Tyrone Sampson Jr.
DL: Taron Vincent, Brenton Cox, Andrew Chatfield

Team Savage Pro
QB: Trevor Lawrence, Jarren Williams
RB: Camron Davis, Lorenzo Lingard
WR: Kevin Austin, Brian Hightower, Mark Pope, Justyn Ross
TE: Will Mallory, Brevin Jordan
LB: Xavier Peters, JJ Peterson, Payton Wilson
DB: Al Blades Jr., Kenneth Dicks III, Kalon Gervin, Jaycee Horn, Joshua Jobe, Kyler McMichael, Shayne Simon
OL: Tank Jenkins, Curtis Dunlap Jr., Delone Scaife
DL: Azeez Ojulari, Ronnie Perkins, Nesta Silvera, Xavier Thomas

Team Alpha Menace
QB: Matt Corral, Dorian Thompson-Robinson
RB: Harold Joiner III, Christian Turner
WR: Jordyn Adams, Jalen Hall, Kearis Jackson, Rondale Moore, Amon-Ra St. Brown
TE: Jeremy Ruckert
LB: Palaie Gaoteote, Owen Pappoe, Raymond Scott
DB: Gemon Green, Olaijah Griffin, Houston Griffith, Myles Sims, Stephan Blaylock, Aashari Crosswell, Christian Morgan
OL: Jamaree Salyer, Trey Hill, Jovaughn Gwyn, Emil Ekiyor
DL: KJ Henry, Cameron Latu, Tyreke Smith, Nolan Smith

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators No. 1 recruiting target: QB Justin Fields

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-justin-fields

Top Targets: No. 1
This week, SEC Country is looking at Florida’s top five targets for the Class of 2018.

The Gators currently have eight verbal commitments and their class is ranked No. 36 nationally in the 247Sports composite. Offensive line, quarterback and receiver are the biggest remaining needs.

Here is Florida’s No. 1 overall target:

Five-star QB Justin Fields, Kennesaw, Ga. (Harrison)
CSC_0190_zwulfh.jpg

Justin Fields sees an opportunity to play early at Florida. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)
Florida’s chances: 40 percent

Biggest threat: Auburn

Last UF visit: June 21

In his words: “It’s a good school. Coach [Doug] Nussmeier is doing great things on offense. I saw them play against Tennessee last year. I like Coach McElwain. He just got there and they were the first coaching staff to make it to the SEC championship in their first two years. So I’m looking for big things in the future from them.”

The skinny: Florida’s quest for its quarterback of the future may end with Fields. The Gators began pursuing the Elite 11 finalist in January and offered him after he earned MVP honors at The Opening regional in Orlando. Since then, Fields has become one of the biggest names in the country and his recruiting process only intensified with his de-commitment from Penn State on June 6.

Fields visited Georgia, Auburn, Florida State and Florida this past month, but the Gators were the only program that got his biological mother on campus. He also spent time during his trip with Steve Spurrier and new UF quarterback Malik Zaire. Fields plans to decide before the start of his senior season.

The 6-foot-3, 221-pound Fields is ranked the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and No. 3 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In his words: “It’s a good school. Coach [Doug] Nussmeier is doing great things on offense. I saw them play against Tennessee last year.
I'm beginning to question the kid's intelligence.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators No. 2 recruiting target: WR Jacob Copeland

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-jacob-copeland

Top Targets: No. 2

The Gators currently have eight verbal commitments and their class is ranked No. 36 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. Offensive line, quarterback and receiver are the biggest remaining needs.

Here is Florida’s No. 2 overall target:

4-star WR Jacob Copeland, Pensacola, Fla. (Escambia)
DSC_0311_pl3rwd.jpg

Jacob Copeland’s top 5 schools are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)
Florida’s chances: 60 percent

Biggest threat: Alabama

Last UF visit: April 7

In his words: “Coach Mac told me I’m his biggest priority. He actually showed me his board and I was the No. 1 receiver on it. Coach Mac told me he’s going to stay on my trail and I’m going to look good in orange and blue. I communicate with Coach Mac every day and a lot of the staff. They treat me like I’m theirs, like I’m already a player there.”

The skinny: Copeland received an offer from the Gators two years ago and now holds more than 30. McElwain is personally recruiting him and he likes the coaching style of assistant Kerry Dixon II, his potential position coach. Copeland plans to announce his decision at the 2017 Under Armour All-America Game.

Clemson led early for Copeland, but he eliminated the Tigers in April and named a top 2 of Auburn and Florida. Now it appears to be a battle between Alabama and Florida, two colleges that hold significance at his high school. An encouraging sign for the Gators is that they’ve been the one constant in his recruitment.

The 6-foot, 192-pound Copeland is ranked the nation’s No. 9 wide receiver and No. 49 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators No. 4 recruiting target: OL Richard Gouraige

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-richard-gouraige

Top Targets: No. 4

Here is Florida’s No. 4 overall target:

4-star OL Richard Gouraige, Tampa, Fla. (Cambridge Christian)
Richard-Gouraige-by-Chris-Kirschner_wxl9c5.jpg

Richard Gouraige favors the Gators but has no timetable for his decision. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)
Florida’s chances: 75 percent

Biggest threat: Auburn

Last Florida visit: April 7

In his words: “[The visit] helped a lot because they can really sit down 1-on-1 with me and have a real conversation. They tell me they really need me and look me right in my eyes when they’re saying it. I just love Coach Mac. He always keeps it real with me.”

The skinny: The Gators offered Gouraige in the spring of 2016, but didn’t become a contender until new offensive coach line Brad Davis joined Florida’s staff in February. It only took a couple months for Davis to make up ground on schools such as Clemson and Florida State.

Gouraige named Florida his leader after attending the Orange & Blue Debut and the Gators maintained that lead throughout the spring evaluation period. The Under Armour All-American has no timetable for his decision and is also considering Auburn, LSU and North Carolina.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound Gouraige is ranked the nation’s No. 10 tackle and No. 100 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn is l the one Consistent challenger in each recruitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.