The National Signing Day Thread

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I am not happy about it. Just don't think I should have been abused and called a dolt for an honest and reluctant opinion.

It doesn't look like you are new here, like me.

But even I wouldn't have had that expectation here. :scratchhead:

Tough crowd.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't look like you are new here, like me.

But even I wouldn't have had that expectation here. :scratchhead:

Tough crowd.
you better learn to rub some dirt in it.
this isn't a board for pink Hatter's, that we have a few.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
a8d6df4dd8fd502aea57cb41597244bd.jpg

Exactly.

Look - If you recall Mac’s 1st class - All he did was keep some of the the players that Chump had committed. Or were heavy leans. Like Cece and Ivey.

Mullen had NONE of that. In fact, he came in and started to immediately clean house. Started jettisoning commits left and right.

He almost HAD TO START FROM SCRATCH. 3/4s of this class weren’t even commits under MacElstain.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im still laughing at them signing a 6-6 coach with a Sunbelt coaching staff who will be a 6-6 coach when he is fired in three years.
Its hilarious. He spanked our ass on the recruiting trail despite us having a month head start. Can we stop pretending we didn't hire another shcitty recruiter ?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yea I’m starting to dislike letting Seider go even more. Time will tell though.

That’s the only move that he made that I did not like.

Well I take that back. I didn’t like the way the entire Corral thing went down. But I understand that the QB leads the team and you want the one that fits your vision. But still.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its hilarious. He spanked our ass on the recruiting trail despite us having a month head start.
I should have made your mama swallow.

Urkel signed a bunch of dbs, wide receivers and kids who wont qualify, very chimp like.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we get copeland and langham and gerald later in the week its a very good tranaition class.

I think we get Copeland. I don’t expect the other two.

If we get the other two, this will be a really solid DL class. I think Langham could be special wherever he goes. But he’s high risk. Like a Taven Bryan. Gerald would be a solid contributor.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is fun. The excuses carry over nicely. Despite what kirby did 2 years ago and despite what taggart is doing, this is a transition class. No way possible for us bring in a top10 class. Next year the excuse will be,"it takes time to build relationships". Year three will be "mac damaged the brand ". Year 4 he gets fired and the cycle starts over.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen's first class has gone as expected, although you it would be nice if we got a few more quality players today. You really can't judge a coach by his first class either whether it is good or bad. The second class where you find out how good of a recruiter a head coach is. I thought McElwain did a great job with his first class considering what he had to work with when Muschamp left, but it was McElwain's second class which showed his true inability to recruit. Turns out that the only time McElwain put effort into recruiting was that first class, but I digress.

Mullen got some important pieces to the pie this year so that we can hopefully start winning some games, but next year's class will lay the foundation of how successful he can be here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is fun. The excuses carry over nicely. Despite what kirby did 2 years ago and despite what taggart is doing, this is a transition class. No way possible for us bring in a top10 class. Next year the excuse will be,"it takes time to build relationships". Year three will be "mac damaged the brand ". Year 4 he gets fired and the cycle starts over.

For sure Kirby has a machine at GA.

19th.

Let that sink in.

19th

@BMF

19th

19th ranked player in the state.

Is the highest ranked kid we have. Gouriage.

He needs to close on half the top 20 in the state next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I should have made your mama swallow.

Urkel signed a bunch of dbs, wide receivers and kids who wont qualify, very chimp like.

In about a quarter of them are from out-of-state.

EDIT: OVER HALF are out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.