The National Signing Day Thread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who could’ve he brought on today that would’ve changed your mind? That we were leading for?

What player did he miss on that’s going to make us pay?

This is the first year with an early signing period. He basically had 2 1/2 weeks to close as much as he could. 95% of the good players are already gone.

Not only that, but we were considered a huge winner on the early signing day. If you had those decisions today, I think the perception of things would be a lot different.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is fun. The excuses carry over nicely. Despite what kirby did 2 years ago and despite what taggart is doing, this is a transition class.
Taggart did nothing today. His class is **** and all criminols know it.

Kirby dumb did manage to retain a great class, but he had several built-in advantages, one we had a dumbass leading us and Smart wasn't changing anything. he wasn't switching from Pro to spread and Richt didn't leave him a bunch of Gammage Sun Belt type players.

I didn't like the hire and think I he's a dumbass for firing jajuan seider, our one elite position coach and recruiter. it probably affected some of these kids. but this was a good class.

It is a better transition class than Urban Meyer landed following Zook. you weren't going to be able to get around that.

Keep flapping like idiots if you want

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. People work themselves up in a tizzy over all this “fake news” and expect d an outcome that wasn’t realistic. And all over a bunch of average talent. We weren’t in it for Surtain. We were in it for Boykin. Who gives a shyt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Taggart did nothing today. His class is **** and all criminols know it.

Kirby dumb did manage to retain a great class, but he had several built-in advantages, one we had a dumbass leading us and Smart wasn't changing anything. he wasn't switching from Pro to spread and Richt didn't leave him a bunch of Gammage Sun Belt type players.

I didn't like the hire and think I he's a dumbass for firing jajuan seider, our one elite position coach and recruiter. it probably affected some of these kids. but this was a good class.

It is a better transition class than Urban Meyer landed following Zook. you weren't going to be able to get around that.

Keep flapping like idiots if you want
**** you dude. Mullen came up short today

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
got a sinking feeling we whiff on all four remaining guys and then pick up Gerald on Friday.

bad finish but there are some good players in this class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly.

Look - If you recall Mac’s 1st class - All he did was keep some of the the players that Chump had committed. Or were heavy leans. Like Cece and Ivey.

Mullen had NONE of that. In fact, he came in and started to immediately clean house. Started jettisoning commits left and right.

He almost HAD TO START FROM SCRATCH. 3/4s of this class weren’t even commits under MacElstain.

I counted 8/16 have committed dates while Mac was HC. If you swap Corral for Jones that number is nine. Your post is false.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
From star average alone we have the 12th ranked class. Behind fsu and washington. We need more bodies. Everyone else has 20 something recruits and we have just 17. But we also have Jefferson and Grimes. Its not as bad as it looks but its a bummer of a day to see all these elite 5 stars go elsewhere. And whos fault is it that we werent in with any of them?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Were we not top 10 when mullen took over? Either way doesnt make up for what taggart is doing.

With a QB that didn't fit, and no one wanted. And yes, in theory, we had a Top 10 class. But our top 2 WRs were already looking around and were probably gone either way. Add in 2 more guys that were pushed out and that was our class.

And Taggart's success has been explained already. He walked into a better situation with a program that was almost unanimously a playoff pick in September. And he's also signing at least 2 that won't qualify. What's the point of that? Don't forget, on Dec 20, we were a big winner and the noles were having commits flip to South Carolina or deciding not to sign, not to mention losing a head to head with us for the most important piece of this class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I counted 8/16 have committed dates while Mac was HC. If you swap Corral for Jones that number is nine. Your post is false.
Yeah but most of those were waivering. They werent going to go to Yellowtooth U.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we can pick up Copeland, somehow Langham and another DL, I'm fine with it. If we can somehow land Lovett and Gerald then I'm really happy

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yup. People work themselves up in a tizzy over all this “fake news” and expect d an outcome that wasn’t realistic. And all over a bunch of average talent. We weren’t in it for Surtain. We were in it for Boykin. Who gives a shyt.

It was the all caps "BRUH DIS N***" post that sold me. I consider myself had. Just seemed legit.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I think we lose Gouraige to Barn. More blowback from the Seider situation.

If Copeland goes to UT, so be it. Don't see any surprise from Langham - he'll go to Saban.

If we get Gerald Friday, he'll be the only one of what remains at this point.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The day isn't over yet.

giphy.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we can pick up Copeland, somehow Langham and another DL, I'm fine with it. If we can somehow land Lovett and Gerald then I'm really happy
Copeland and Langham seem the most likely along with Gouraige. That's still a solid finish although somewhat of a bummer but really the only one so far we really missed on was Boykin. Nesta and NPF were not coming here. Higdon with Fightingators seems 100% solid that Langham is choosing UF and that guy NEVER puts more than like 90-95% confidence and he's the best "inside guy" on any of the UF boards...take that for what it's worth though

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
With a QB that didn't fit, and no one wanted. And yes, in theory, we had a Top 10 class. But our top 2 WRs were already looking around and were probably gone either way. Add in 2 more guys that were pushed out and that was our class.

And Taggart's success has been explained already. He walked into a better situation with a program that was almost unanimously a playoff pick in September. And he's also signing at least 2 that won't qualify. What's the point of that? Don't forget, on Dec 20, we were a big winner and the noles were having commits flip to South Carolina or deciding not to sign, not to mention losing a head to head with us for the most important piece of this class.
bruh. Taggart runs a completely different offense than Jimbo.
They had to get a waiver to make a bowl. Since the end of the dead period in January to NSD Taggart has landed 10 commits-7 4*s. Mullen got 3. Thats after Taggart started behind Mullen and you guys laughed at his staff.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
bruh.

They had to get a waiver to make a bowl. Since the end of the dead period in January to NSD Taggart has landed 10 commits-7 4*s. Mullen got 3. Thats after Taggart started behind Mullen and you guys laughed at his staff.

OH good... the troll is back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.