Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So let me get this straight....
6th SEC
LAST in state(amongst real schools anyway)
Behind FSU who had just as bad of a season AND coaching change.....
Oh and behind that guy who used to coach UGA......And the guy who coaches them now....
Please come at me with more excuses.....
So far I've heard it was because of a coaching change.....Oregon, UCLA, TAMU, and FSU all had coaching changes.....
Oh and my favorite one of all...."We're saving spots for NEXT year....:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
News flash CFB experts...real coaches and guys leading them don't wait "till next year".....

Some notes on Meyer’s transition class in 2005–
Behind fsu with a senile old man
4th in the SEC
Ranked 15th overall behind Cal, pre-SEC TexasA&M, Neb and Iowa

Some notes on Smart’s transition class in 2016–
5th in the SEC
Behind Mich, OM and Aub
They did win their state. Of course their only competition is a trade school that runs the triple option, but still.

Yes, Mullin’s 6th place SEC intro class is just miles apart.

Why some here insist on taking these arguments to the mat is beyond me. There has to be an online course some of you guys can take on effective debating.

Last edited:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Having lived here most of my life I've always taken joy in knowing several times I've fcked a jawja fans girlfriend. Even more times I was fcking a jawja fans future wife, but every time I bagged a south ga skank, it was a jawja fans daughter.

Dude, that's some straight-up poetry, there!

btw... I've always loved your Idiocracy reference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jalen Goss? Dont remember hearing that name at all.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't like the Mullen hire. Even if he wins a NC, he won't get an A+ from me because I don't like his offense.

All the same, this transition class is a good one and we addressed most needs. Comparing this class head to head (forgetting about transition) with others, it's a good class. 4th in the SEC behind the leghumpers (6 five stars??? wtf), Bamma and Auburn. (247)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Some notes on Meyer’s transition class in 2005–
Behind fsu with a senile old man
4th in the SEC
Ranked 15th overall behind Cal, pre-SEC TexasA&M, Neb and Iowa
Huge differences here. Miami was still on a huge roll and barely removed from winning natties.....Same for FSU, they hadn't hit the Bowden skidmarks which really started in 06 and later....
15th for a coach(Meyer) new to the conference and region is pretty damned good...I doubt Meyer had ever been within 1000 miles of the UF campus before being hired.
And the biggest difference is that Meyer inherited a hugely talented roster....Less holes to be filled....

Those online courses will always fall short of getting info from an old school CFB expert IMO......

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone post Chatfield's Maxpreps highlight video here?

Try this =

In a very high % of his tackles he causes fumbles. He looks a bit thin compared to the OL guys trying to block him.?? Like lightening, he bolts past the OL alignment, then stops for a second to assess if the play is coming his way or what route to take to catch the ball carrier cross-field. Never over-runs the play. Yep Bruce, he's got speed.

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/andrew-chatfield/PmQSAHQOEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

He's very good at keeping his eyes in the backfield so he can anticipate whether to come around the edge or crash down inside. QBs try to step up in the pocket and he eats them alive. Glad we have him.
Loved that one about two thirds of the way thru. He's moving left to right as left DE. He pauses at the line looking like he's dropping to cover the TE, the QB sees it, Chatfield releases the TE and motors in untouched to maim the QB. Nice.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/andrew-chatfield/PmQSAHQOEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

He's very good at keeping his eyes in the backfield so he can anticipate whether to come around the edge or crash down inside. QBs try to step up in the pocket and he eats them alive. Glad we have him.

Dang. They say that the ability to get to the QB is the skill that translates best from college to the NFL. If that’s true HS=> college as well, he’s a monster. His patience, ability to avoid or power through blocks and instincts look stellar. I loved seeing him drift out in the flat and intercept a screen pass.

Of course, a recruiting powerhouse like Heritage, IMG or STA is often mismatched with a public or less intense private school. But still...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at that list, d wilson is the biggest loss in terms of quality player at a position of need. There may be a couple of diamonds in the rough, but no one else to point to right now and say “shoulda kept him.”
Yeah, a bunch of trash and a six pack of DBs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I doubt Meyer had ever been within 1000 miles of the UF campus before being hired.

Meyer actually played a college football game as a member of the University of Cincinnati at Florida Field in the 1980's, which is on the UF campus.

Just sayin....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can someone post Chatfield's Maxpreps highlight video here? Y'all should check it out. This kid is ridiculously fast. He's chasing RBs down from behind. Making a bunch of plays in the backfield. His speed is really impressive. He reminds me of Channing Crowder.

He's been listed as a DE throughout his recruitment....and because of our new 3-4 system will be a LB. The better comparison is CeCe Jefferson. Jefferson is 6'1 245-250(ish).....Chatfield is about the same size (actually listed at 6'2). I think CeCe moves to the position Chatfield will eventually assume, which will allow Chatfield to sit behind a former 5-star HS stud DE.

I'm glad we landed him or this class would have had a major void (honestly, with only 1 true DL, there already is a major void at DL - but nevertheless).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, a bunch of trash and a six pack of DBs.

I know you love to harp on too many DBs, but we really could have used Dean. The good thing is Watkins can play CB if needed. Still a good class, but we need to add at least 4 DBs in next year's class. I hope you're okay w/ that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator