The National Signing Day Thread

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
When does Gerald announce? Are we still in the running for him? Wasn’t there another kid announcing late, Lovett or something like that?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Meyer actually played a college football game as a member of the University of Cincinnati at Florida Field in the 1980's, which is on the UF campus.

Just sayin....
I'll give credit for that find :lol:.......
People are jumping all up and down about my take on this class and in reality I'm not saying Mullen's gonna suck because it.....I'm just not as satisfied with it as much as others who seem to be almost rolling out excuses for the guy already. In my eyes he has been coaching in the conference for what 12 years between his time here and MSU....FSU just had their worst season since before the Bowden era AND had a coaching change.....and we're laughing at their new staff.....

I get the feeling I've been here before and it's not making me feel all warm and fuzzy. I hope I'm wrong or I possibly need to lower my expectations a notch or 2....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give credit for that find :lol:.......
People are jumping all up and down about my take on this class and in reality I'm not saying Mullen's gonna suck because it.....I'm just not as satisfied with it as much as others who seem to be almost rolling out excuses for the guy already. In my eyes he has been coaching in the conference for what 12 years between his time here and MSU....FSU just had their worst season since before the Bowden era AND had a coaching change.....and we're laughing at their new staff....
Have you LOOKED at Clowntowns class? 4 DBS, 2 Ath, 4 WRs 2 of which will be DBs. They got a 260 lb tackle that we didn't want, a LB that will have to go juco (and maybe two others) and lots of other junk. Don't just look at the class rating dude, look at the class.

And remember we added a 4 star OL, 4 star WR and 5star WR TRANSFERS.

Look, I'm not sold on Mullinz but to pretend this isn't a good maybe even great TRANSITION class is silly. We all know he has to have elite class next year. He said so himself.

Maybe he will hire Bert as a janitor some day. Just maybe.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In the 4 years preceding Meyer's intro class(2001-2004) the noles were 37-15. In the 4 years preceding Mullin's intro class(2014-2017), the noles were 40-16. Get yourself a new map.

As for um, I can assure you, there is and has been far more buzz around the program since Richt's hiring than in the post-2001 Coker era. It's not even close. I'd also remind you that they entered the final weekend of this past season undefeated and were still considered a "win and you're in" team going into the ACCCG.

On your roster talent/fill holes, Meyer himself only took 18 in 2005, setting himself up for a huge class of 27 the following year. To use an old trading quote that was drilled into me coming up, "the market doesn't care where you own it". A bad trade(recruit) is a bad trade(recruit). You can't just fill a class for the sake of filling a class. Either you land kids that you see helping you toward your cause, or you don't. There are some rare cases like JM's 2015 class where we just needed bodies along the OL. But those are rare situations. In general, you can't panic over needing kids and take on a bunch of dead weight. Meyer didn't do it either.

Once again, those online courses. I'm sure some of us would contribute to the cost. This isn't even fun anymore.
What were FSU's and UM's recruiting rankings and final rankings in those seasons(2001-2004) again??? Seriously you can spin it 3 ways to tomorrow but great recruiters find great players NOT dead weight...You're suffering Butters Hangover Delusion my friend....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's your point? Just man up and say you don't like Mullen and that you only have a full chub for Bert.
I'm neutral on Mullen....what I don't get is all the hostility over questioning the "success" of this class. I thought there was a little more excitement around our program since his hiring.....18th ranked classes don't scream excitement over a program regardless of there being a new coach or not...Usually it takes a year or 2 to tell though, we'll see.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Until proven otherwise I'm going to assume Dorian Gerald signs with Texas A&M today.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DRm2dQnVwAE8iyC.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some athletes arrived in Tallahassee with such a diagnosis, from psycho-educational evaluations conducted when they were in high school or earlier. Others, as many as 20 per year who were identified as academically at-risk, were referred by Monk after they arrived on campus to Casey Schmidt, a licensed psychologist based in Tallahassee. Schmidt evaluates these athletes for learning disabilities and is paid $800 by the athletic department for each test.

About 80 percent of the FSU athletes sent to him receive a learning disabled diagnosis, says Schmidt, who was hired after Monk arrived on campus.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Some athletes arrived in Tallahassee with such a diagnosis, from psycho-educational evaluations conducted when they were in high school or earlier. Others, as many as 20 per year who were identified as academically at-risk, were referred by Monk after they arrived on campus to Casey Schmidt, a licensed psychologist based in Tallahassee. Schmidt evaluates these athletes for learning disabilities and is paid $800 by the athletic department for each test.

About 80 percent of the FSU athletes sent to him receive a learning disabled diagnosis, says Schmidt, who was hired after Monk arrived on campus.

“Learning disabled?” Is that the new term for “lazy?”

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Have you LOOKED at Clowntowns class? 4 DBS, 2 Ath, 4 WRs 2 of which will be DBs. They got a 260 lb tackle that we didn't want, a LB that will have to go juco (and maybe two others) and lots of other junk. Don't just look at the class rating dude, look at the class.

And remember we added a 4 star OL, 4 star WR and 5star WR TRANSFERS.

Look, I'm not sold on Mullinz but to pretend this isn't a good maybe even great TRANSITION class is silly. We all know he has to have elite class next year. He said so himself.

Maybe he will hire Bert as a janitor some day. Just maybe.
This.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When does Gerald announce? Are we still in the running for him? Wasn’t there another kid announcing late, Lovett or something like that?

Lovett signed with Miss. State on Wednesday.
Would be nice to add Gerald, but from what’s been reported he’s likely not headed to the Gators.
Edit: Gerald committed to UToothless. :vomit:
Edit2: Nevermind, that was from July. :bandit:

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say Keiwan PLAYED as a WR first. I don't think he did either. IIRC correctly them moved him after the first spring practice.

I do not remember Lito being recruited as a WR, though I suspect he had enough talent to do it. He had great hands and crazy moves as as a returner.
Lito wasn’t recruited as a WR. It was in reference to the days that we had talented CBs, forget who posted it. Anyway, Lito was the only one I really remember being given a shot when the WRs were sucking. Probably more of Doug Johnson sucking.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I can learn to like any offense that's good enough to bring another NC to Gainesville
Agree ... but I prefer a vertical passing attack. It's just more entertaining to me. Also, I get almost as much pleasure out of beating the leghumpers and rockyflop as winning a NC. True story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator