The National Signing Day Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You were right about Ratliff, though I swear he was given a shot at WR. He played both in HS.

Here is the Gainesville Sun’s NSD article listing Haden as a WR. Gonzales was his recruiter as well, which is telling.

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20070207/another-no-1-for-florida

Dunbar is exactly what Law is talking about though. He sucked as a receiver, so give him a shot at CB. If he fails, process him out.

Ratliff was among a string of hyper-athletic DBs that got a shot at playing some offense, especially when we were down to one or no productive WRs. Purifoy, Tabor, VH3 among others.

Haden was a QB in HS. I recall they just wanted to find the best spot for a superior player and leader. He made a quantum leap at CB from year 1 to year 2.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe one day the program will live up to your high standards.

4818368_700b_v1.jpg

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I still don't like the Mullen hire. Even if he wins a NC, he won't get an A+ from me because I don't like his offense.

All the same, this transition class is a good one and we addressed most needs. Comparing this class head to head (forgetting about transition) with others, it's a good class. 4th in the SEC behind the leghumpers (6 five stars??? wtf), Bamma and Auburn. (247)

I’m with you on the offense. I hate sideways offenses but truthfully right now I’ll settle for offense...any style offense....just put points on the board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ratliff was among a string of hyper-athletic DBs that got a shot at playing some offense, especially when we were down to one or no productive WRs. Purifoy, Tabor, VH3 among others.

Haden was a QB in HS.
I really like those guys as Punt Returners especially bc if they fake, you don't have a Chris Rainey type on the field playing safety.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m with you on the offense. I hate sideways offenses but truthfully right now I’ll settle for offense...any style offense....just put points on the board.
Yes. We have been broken by a decade of shyt.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Haden was a QB in HS. I recall they just wanted to find the best spot for a superior player and leader. He made a quantum leap at CB from year 1 to year 2.
I couldn’t find any offensive stats on Ratliff until his jr year. Lito is the one that I reminder most. And i’m not saying he wasn’t recruited as a WR, I just have only found mention of him being recruited defensively.

I posted a link on Haden above. He was recruited as a WR. Later volunteered to play defense so he could get on the field.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really like those guys as Punt Returners especially bc if they fake, you don't have a Chris Rainey type on the field playing safety.
Wasn’t McCaslin the RB that played LB and then tried to stab his teammate at dinner.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Huge differences here. Miami was still on a huge roll and barely removed from winning natties.....Same for FSU, they hadn't hit the Bowden skidmarks which really started in 06 and later....
15th for a coach(Meyer) new to the conference and region is pretty damned good...I doubt Meyer had ever been within 1000 miles of the UF campus before being hired.
And the biggest difference is that Meyer inherited a hugely talented roster....Less holes to be filled....

Those online courses will always fall short of getting info from an old school CFB expert IMO......

In the 4 years preceding Meyer's intro class(2001-2004) the noles were 37-15. In the 4 years preceding Mullin's intro class(2014-2017), the noles were 40-16. Get yourself a new map.

As for um, I can assure you, there is and has been far more buzz around the program since Richt's hiring than in the post-2001 Coker era. It's not even close. I'd also remind you that they entered the final weekend of this past season undefeated and were still considered a "win and you're in" team going into the ACCCG.

On your roster talent/fill holes, Meyer himself only took 18 in 2005, setting himself up for a huge class of 27 the following year. To use an old trading quote that was drilled into me coming up, "the market doesn't care where you own it". A bad trade(recruit) is a bad trade(recruit). You can't just fill a class for the sake of filling a class. Either you land kids that you see helping you toward your cause, or you don't. There are some rare cases like JM's 2015 class where we just needed bodies along the OL. But those are rare situations. In general, you can't panic over needing kids and take on a bunch of dead weight. Meyer didn't do it either.

Once again, those online courses. I'm sure some of us would contribute to the cost. This isn't even fun anymore.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Huge differences here. Miami was still on a huge roll and barely removed from winning natties.....Same for FSU, they hadn't hit the Bowden skidmarks which really started in 06 and later....
15th for a coach(Meyer) new to the conference and region is pretty damned good...I doubt Meyer had ever been within 1000 miles of the UF campus before being hired.
And the biggest difference is that Meyer inherited a hugely talented roster....Less holes to be filled....

Those online courses will always fall short of getting info from an old school CFB expert IMO......
What's your point? Just man up and say you don't like Mullen and that you only have a full chub for Bert.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn’t find any offensive stats on Ratliff until his jr year. Lito is the one that I reminder most. .
I didn't say Keiwan PLAYED as a WR first. I don't think he did either. IIRC correctly them moved him after the first spring practice.

I do not remember Lito being recruited as a WR, though I suspect he had enough talent to do it. He had great hands and crazy moves as as a returner.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's your point? Just man up and say you don't like Mullen and that you only have a full chub for Bert.
There should be zero doubt in anyone's mind that is the problem.

I didn't even bother debating him about the ole "Bert had two good recruiting classes" throw away line, when he spent years defending Bert's inability to even be .500 in the SEC on recruiting disadvantages (that previous Arky coaches didn't have).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.