The National Signing Day Thread

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is just great. I wonder what kind of class we end up with now.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Per Matt's Dad

Matt was always 100% commited to the Gators. Unfortunately, they weren’t commited to him.
Not sure why you guys still can't see this, but Dad's been speaking code for "mo money" every time he writes something.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Jones is apparently better than Milton, but he is a lousy passer. So much so that Lugenbill was saying he projected as well, if not actually better as a safety in college than QB on the radio last night. That is "our guy" for the future, an NFL safety.

Yeah. Urban and Saban were both going after him to be a safety.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Jones is apparently better than Milton, but he is a lousy passer. So much so that Lugenbill was saying he projected as well, if not actually better as a safety in college than QB on the radio last night. That is "our guy" for the future, an NFL safety.
Bama wants this kid bad as their qb to the point they are literally waiting on him before going after anyone else. Hence their slow play on Corral and no commitable offer. Also, Lugenbill and espns ratings are always so far from the industry norm aside from the can’t miss recruits. I would take his opinion with a grain of salt

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

No doubt those kind of numbers don't lie. Mullen was not my first choice as has been noted here ad nausea. My disappointment still doesn't completely hide the fact he helped develop Tebow into a Heisman QB and Daz Prescott into a very good NFL QB. That's my only consolation here. I want to give him time to sort out what he can get for the type of offense he wants to run. I can't blame him for opting for someone that fits his schemes. My biggest disappointment is we aren't going to see a team that actually slings the ball around down field. That kind of team has a better chance to win when they are behind. The sideline to sideline yawners Mullen has a propensity to put together is just a another way to run the ball in a "3 yards in a cloud of dust" designed offense. When you get more than 10-14 points behind in that type of offense you are usually cooked in big, critical games. But alas, Mullen is what we got and you've got to deal with the cards he decides to play with. Let's just hope for the best.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Don't know how you guys do business. I always tried to put my best foot forward while telling the truth. If Dan does business similarly, what might he have told Corral? (1) I want you on the team; (2) IF you earn the starting job, I will modify the offense for more passing and less running; (3) You will still need to run some and take some hits; (4) As thin as we are at QB, I will still need to recruit more QBs; and, (5) The other QBs we recruit will be dual-threat QBs. If he is less candid he runs the risk of an unhappy locker room.
With this in mind, the result seems reasonable from both perspectives.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You don't think he would have stayed if Mac was still here? I lean to it being how Mullen uses the QB.
I don't know how Mac got the kid to commit in the first place so really no idea if Mac could have held onto him. He does seem shady to some extent considering no one wants to give him a true offer. But I don't buy that Mullen DWHA because no reason to fly out with his position coach and set up the OV only to be rejected.

But I can see that he wasn't a fit and I never expected him to sign with us as soon as Mullen was our coach, but kind of wish we would have told him "look kid, you know it's not a fit so lets move on" rather than let him reject us.

I posted before getting caught up, and before the Jones info, so this could very well be he didn't want to be on campus at the same time a QB who is a better fit, and who probably relates better to the other visitors was here, because I think Corral wants to be the center of attention (and daddy wants to get paid).

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
May my my... all of this angst over losing something we never had. Such misery is hard to fathom considering all the misery that was expressed here in the weeks and months before McElwain was fired. I recall similar misery when UF and Steve Spurrier lost out on another prized qb. How could we possibly survive losing this guy to a rival no less?! The sky is falling!! Of course Peyton Manning did sign with UT but went 0-4 vs. UF. I am not sure how often we will play Ole Miss during Corral's tenure there, but it really does not matter to me. We will do quite well without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator