Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell's absurd buyout of $9M is waaaay too high, and I don't think Stricklin will pay it.

He probably doesn’t want to pay it. McElwain paid part of his buyout and maybe Campbell is willing to do the same thing... he also may not have a choice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell? Now we're talking about another dude with 70th ranked offense. Some of you just DEMAND a shytty coach.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It we have to settle, what about the Wake Forest coach? Is it Clausen?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Isreali scientists have bred a featherless chicken. Think of the savings in mess and money.
featherless_chicken3.jpg
This is true, no joke, no photoshop.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who thinks Norvell is a mistake waiting to happen, that is still Fuente's team he's running.
What you meant to say is Fuente sucked before and after Norvell.

And that Graham sucked without Norvell.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
@FootballScoop: Believe him or not, White has told people in the profession (per sources) he expects Frost to stay at UCF as well… #ADScoop

Local media in Orlando is very biased for that but there is significant expectation he might want to build the program and get it into a Power 5 conference.

2 major impediments:

1. The fan base is weak. Students and others tailgate for hours outside the stadium but many retreat to watch home games on TV. The tailgate tradition is often stronger than the games themselves.

2. Their stadium holds just 45k and is regularly 2/3rds or 1/2 full even this season. Furthermore, it’s only 10 years old and has significant issues due to poor construction and materials. UCF has filed a $10-15m lawsuit naming everyone who had anything to do with designing and building it.

I’m curious about the money. UCF has an excellent computer science and engineering program and some newly minted rich alumni that are taking interest. If serious support emerges for this dynamic young coach, he could stay indefinitely. I’m talking facilites improvements along with his compensation. He’s happy, so if the support is there he may well stay.

Nebraska seems so remote and misplaced in the Big Ten.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Local media in Orlando is very biased for that but there is significant expectation he might want to build the program and get it into a Power 5 conference.

2 major impediments:

1. The fan base is weak. Students and others tailgate for hours outside the stadium but many retreat to watch home games on TV. The tailgate tradition is often stronger than the games themselves.

2. Their stadium holds just 45k and is regularly 2/3rds or 1/2 full even this season. Furthermore, it’s only 10 years old and has significant issues due to poor construction and materials. UCF has filed a $10-15m lawsuit naming everyone who had anything to do with designing and building it.

I’m curious about the money. UCF has an excellent computer science and engineering program and some newly minted rich alumni that are taking interest. If serious support emerges for this dynamic young coach, he could stay indefinitely. I’m talking facilites improvements along with his compensation. He’s happy, so if the support is there he may well stay.

Nebraska seems so remote and misplaced in the Big Ten.

Not to mention half their fans will pull out their UF, FSU, or UM gear the second the season isn’t going well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention half their fans will pull out their UF, FSU, or UM gear the second the season isn’t going well.
I lived in Orlando and went to UCF some. I never knew anyone w UCF gear beyond maybe a coffee mug.

Watched on of the bigger games this year. Forget which now, but it was a Sat night game. Their fans were disguised as 80% empty bleachers even in the front rows.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’d take Norvell as 3rd choice, give him the $$ to get a great d-coordinator, and we’ll see what he can do.

That last portion of your post, which is a true statement, is the part that concerns me. This wasn’t supposed to be a “see what he can do” hire. This was supposed to be a definitive, statement hire. As much as I’d take Norvell, and do think he’s a great prospect, he doesn’t fit that bill imo.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That last portion of your post, which is a true statement, is the part that concerns me. This wasn’t supposed to be a “see what he can do” hire. This was supposed to be a definitive, statement hire. As much as I’d take Norvell, and do think he’s a great prospect, he doesn’t fit that bill imo.

Well, we may find ourselves having no choice but to "see what he can do". I'd also take Petrino that far down the list, but doubt that would happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we may find ourselves having no choice but to "see what he can do". I'd also take Petrino that far down the list, but doubt that would happen.
Petrino bagged a graduate chic. He has less baggage than Chip Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.