Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Season 3 of the Oxrageous Podcast will be kicking off in about two weeks. I'm going to be involving Gatorchatter in the podcast more than ever. One way I'm going to be doing that is having a weekly "question" thread, which will be posted on Sunday mornings for the upcoming week and be open for a day or two. In those threads the members can ask me questions that they would like me to address on the air, and I will pick and choose a few of them for the show. Knowing you guys as well as I do, I'm sure most of them will be stupid, insulting, or both.

For those who don't know, the podcast is going to be video this year. :scared: I've been spending the last several weeks setting up equipment and lighting and running tests and trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. Doing audio, I had the luxury of doing multiple takes, etc. That really won't be able to happen with the videos, I'm just going to have to bumble along and deal with screw ups, so it should be more loose (and entertaining).

The interviews are going to be a hoot too, as you are going to be able to see the guests speaking via Skype. It's going to be both horrifying and wonderful to see.

So, shooting is going to begin next week. I need some intelligent Gator-related questions. Any questions involving a Miata will be ignored.

You won't know what questions I am choosing until you see the podcast.

Go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Please ask concrete what a players has to do to get a redshirt.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is terrific idea on so many levels.

Do you think Foley will lose his job if Mac crash and burns?

Which section of the offense do you think we'll see most improvement in Mac's first year?

Do you think the streaks over UK and UT are going to survive this year?

Why do you think Donovan left?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which players (not just WR's or QB's) will have the biggest impact in the passing game and why?

What are reasonable expectations for the defense and offense individually? For example, should the defense be top 10 or top 20 in points allowed? Yards allowed? Redzone defense? Third downs? Similar questions for offense.

What do you think are Coach Mac's biggest challenges for this year? What should be easy for him?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you get law to do a podcast, could you ask him why he doesn't wanna be friends with me anymore?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I think we agree that Mac gets a pass his first year (barring some 3-9 type fiasco), what do you think will be expected, record wise, in his second year to keep the masses from grumbling?

What relation is Law to you?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who will be the "Under the radar" player, on both offense and defense, to have a breakout year?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I must be somewhat confused. Who is going to be the guest or are we asking questions that Ox is going to give his opinion on. As far as I know (I could be wrong) Ox has few special access opportunities.

That said some things in general I am interested in follow:

How are the younger offensive linemen progressing in being ready to play?

How much actual practice did the QB's lead during the summer.

What really happened with Morrison's two operations.

What differences are we going to see in the defense. After all it was quite effective and I bet new coaches will make some changes.

How are the special teams players (punters and place kickers) doing. After all good field goal kicking might be a key to winning some games and good punting can flip the field.

How are the other portions of special teams doing, coverage team, return team, punt block team. What emphisis is the new staff putting on special teams?

That should be more than enough input from me, not that I could not come up with more if desired.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
has anyone ever seen those naked pictures of foley with a goat (besides chump)?

who was your source that was saying freeze was a top target during the coaching search?

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will Collins be able to beat a team if faced with a midline option offense?

Will the fans after a bad loss be able to get grip?

What W-L record would be minimal if we saw progress in the offensive game? (we do have serious holes in the Oline, rcvrs, even qb)

Will the effect of the expanded staff be seen from the first game? ( our home coming was a disaster, looked like nobody on either side of the ball prepared, as an example of how unprepared we were at times last year)

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you will not be fielding miata related questions will you at least consider some friendly banter about your little red corvette (otherwise known as midlife crisis) ?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The key to the linebacker corps is Antonio Morrison coming back from injury. If he comes back strong, we're very good. If not, we're talented, but inexperienced and lack depth. What is his progress? Can he play and will he be effective?

They key to the defensive backfield is the safeties. We know the corners will be solid. Our safeties are excellent athletes but were consistently out of position in recent years. Who is going to step up make that unit a team strength this season?

Special teams are often overlooked but can be crucial. We know about the placekicker and the punter...what about the return game? We've had the luxury of great return men in the past who were a threat to take it to the house every time they returned a kick--guys like Brandon James who could flip field position in the blink of an eye and yes, guys like Andre Debose. With a shaky offensive line and an inexperienced QB, a great kick return game might be what this offense needs to help it generate points. Who is going to be that sure-handed, quick-footed, slippery, wiggly, SUDDEN guy who can do that for us this season?
(looks to me like Brandon Powell has the toolkit to be this guy but I don't know if they think he's too valuable in the slot to risk getting him injured returning kicks)

Every season there is somebody (usually a WR) who looks like an absolute beast in Spring and Summer and gets us all fired up expecting a new star to emerge...then promptly disappears. Who are we hearing a lot of hype about who may be a non-factor come time for real football?
(Scarlett? Ahmad Fullwood? Taven Bryan?)

The biggest question mark for us is (obviously) the OL. The most intriguing question marks are the tackles. We have the top recruit in the country who is a mauler but doesn't know a thing about pass blocking--BUT he clearly has the best upside. Do we throw a true freshman into the fire and build for the future? We have a senior transfer who was all-conference...in a conference that our scout team should be able to win. Do we play him knowing he's a one-and-done? We have a kid (Sharpe) who has played a few downs in the SEC but struggled. So--who will be our starting tackles and will that change over the course of the season?

Alex.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will VH3 be an All-American for us at wide receiver?

What other DB's can play both ways effectively? Why limit our best talent to one side of the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.