The Oxrageous Podcast - Vandy post-game thoughts

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OX, are you going to pull a "Leon Orr" on us?

I don't always agree with everything you say but I do listen and more importantly, I think about what you say.

It's really not as bad as you think and don't read too much into the numbers..... There are other factors at work here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ingle Martin;n101034 said:
Maybe you could take over the reign Law? You have a face perfect for radio...
Is this supposed to be the funny version of Trex?

G

GatorCC

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ox, I always look forward to listening to your podcast after each game. I hope you continue to do so!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n101025 said:
Why does he just go into vapor lock when the game starts? Maybe it's just him or maybe he had his confidence crushed by this program.
Well, he never had "it" to begin with and was forced to play before he was ready. He can't really be faulted for not being ready a true freshman. Certain factors (arrogance, lack of interest in game film and other prep, poor coaching, poor scheme, poor development of players around him, lack of accountability from the coaches--in fact the coaches rewarding his prep and play) conspired to ensure he never developed assuming better coach could have developed him. I personally think he lacks both accuracy and the ability to see the field well enough to be a QB for a major college.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Let's wait to give Treon Harris the Heisman Trophy until next week. USCe will move the ball on our defense and score some points.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101029 said:
I think we can stick a fork in the podcasts until further notice. Whatever purpose they once served is not happening anymore. I really appreciate you guys listening.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n101025 said:
One thing I heard the announcers say that I haven't heard outside the message board is how different Jeff looks in practice as compared to the games. Why does he just go into vapor lock when the game starts? Maybe it's just him or maybe he had his confidence crushed by this program.
He had no business being in the game at all. Don't you think it would make a tad more sense to be developing Grier in case TH gets injured? I mean, if you actually intend to coach next year? This HC is "dumbfoundedly" obtuse.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[SUP]Ah, it's ok Ox, there's plenty to talk about. Keep it going!![/SUP]

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n101025 said:
One thing I heard the announcers say

Ware was saying all kinds of things that he didn't have a clue about. He was talking about Dunbar like he had been this great receiver, etc. Shucks, Dunbar had dropped pass after pass before the last couple of games and even last night the clutz stumbled and bumbled instead of scoring on that long pass. And how would he know that JD looked good in practice? The practices are closed. Ware is almost as clueless as Vern and has no Danielson to bail him out.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n101064 said:
Ware was saying all kinds of things that he didn't have a clue about. He was talking about Dunbar like he had been this great receiver, etc. Shucks, Dunbar had dropped pass after pass before the last couple of games and even last night the clutz stumbled and bumbled instead of scoring on that long pass. And how would he know that JD looked good in practice? The practices are closed. Ware is almost as clueless as Vern and has no Danielson to bail him out.

Ware is a complete moron and does not do his homework when he is covering a game. If you go back to the pre-game comments he makes the statement about JD and the switch to TH. "Florida wanted to change the offense with a more prostyle and put Jeff under center." WTH. Probably the only time JD has been under center this year is game ending snap. Idiot probably thinks Pease is still the OC here. Not to mention his slobbering over McCrary (Vandy's QB).

B

Bar None Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't feel bad Ox. It's Vandy that the Gators played. I had a hard time getting a TV at the bar changed to the SEC network so that I could watch the game. Honestly, last night there were better games to watch in college football. I hear you on the mediocrity bit. Muschamp is not going to get us to the next level and winning games to Vandy are simply an illusion and a reason for Foley to justify keeping Muschamp, which only keeps us in the pits of dullness. Far away from the ecstacy of winning games with true genius. Just remember that there is a former gator genius returning. Spurrier is coming home to the Swamp to take the smirk out of Foley's face next week. I don't want the Gators to lose even though winning perpetuates the apathy as you stated. I am sure you will have much more to talk about. I look forward to your podcast - don't give it up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, put on your big boy pants and keep on trucking. Times like this, your podcast is needed most.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate the kind words - even from Left Coast Gator and his constructive criticism. I hate putting out a bad product and should have just skipped it this week, as my heart wasn't in it. I can't enjoy wins like I've been able to the last 25 years and it bothers me. Football is supposed to be enjoyable entertainment and it's just something I try and get through now. Just the speculation that this could be carried over into yet another year makes me physically ill. It's like we've all been taken hostage by the Iranians and Jimmy Carter is the President.

I'm not going to fake enthusiasm into a microphone just for the sake of it. I'm also not going to spout a bunch of negative stuff as that's certainly not the kind of podcast I wanted to have. I fully plan on continuing them if and when the proper change is made to re-unite the base and make Gator football the proud program it deserves.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
First of all, my wittle feewings are hurt cause you said that nobody was here last night.:cry: But, back to the podcasts...dont allow your emotions to rule the moment. Keep it up.....

Oct 5, 2014
I have liked all of your podcasts except for the last two. I really enjoyed the games against Georgia and Vanderbilt. Lately, you seem unwilling to acknowledge any of the very positive developments with this team. Why are you so reluctant to admit that their hard work is paying off? You are not being fair to our players or our coach. I expect us to win the next two games and to invade Tallahassee with the best defense the Noles have seen this year.

G

gatorman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ox, Obviously I don't post on this board, or any other for that matter, but do logon almost every day. Given there isn't any good sports media in Gainesville I come here to find out about the "Gators". The fact this forum and your pod cast exist is important to some of us. Hopefully, you will reconsider your position on your future pod casts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Left Coast Gator;n101131 said:
I have liked all of your podcasts except for the last two. I really enjoyed the games against Georgia and Vanderbilt. Lately, you seem unwilling to acknowledge any of the very positive developments with this team. Why are you so reluctant to admit that their hard work is paying off? You are not being fair to our players or our coach. I expect us to win the next two games and to invade Tallahassee with the best defense the Noles have seen this year.
Fair enough. It's probably not fair to the players, true. They are being held hostage just like the fans and my heart goes out to them. I would hate to see them stay imprisoned another year or beyond, but that's out of my control.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;101062 said:
He had no business being in the game at all. Don't you think it would make a tad more sense to be developing Grier in case TH gets injured? I mean, if you actually intend to coach next year? This HC is "dumbfoundedly" obtuse.
Yes, I even made a post in the shoutbox about Jeff being our backup...the implication being that he is so bad that if Treon gets hurt we need to have someone else ready. My point about JD, said another way, is that he appears to be getting WORSE. Seriously, he looked better than he does now back when he was a freshman. That's more than just a kid who doesn't have "it," there is something systemic involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator