The Oxrageous Podcast - Vandy post-game thoughts

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
"Five letters here just for everybody out there in [Gator]-land: R-E-L-A-X. Relax. We're going to be OK."

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My only hesitancy in the unrelenting indictment of WM now that the QB light has turned on, winning is possible and play calling/execution is actually visually improving/coinciding with what was previously coach rhetoric is the fact players seem to have his back (like playing for him). For an executive like Foley, that is a tough call if the "employees" like/rally around the boss. That becomes a tough call when winning is happening. We'll see how it plays out. I want what's best for the team first and do ascribe to the eventually some dunces can find enlightenment albeit if true here, a little late for my general liking. Ditto on the Ox Pod, I always stay up and wait on it whether it is a stone throwing version or vision of hope.
:lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why, but I feel kind of like a stupid die hard nobody now...

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I really think we can beat the Noles if Treon continues to develop, and the defense continues to improve. They are getting way better pass rush than they were in the beginning of the season. The Nole's oline is pretty bad. Winston is struggling this year. He had 6 picks in his last two games I think? He's 17td's 11int's this year. So if Dante Fowley Jr. can stay in the Noles backfield all game like I think he can, we can win this game. I feel pretty confident in my assessment. What do you guys think?

K

kansascitygator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the podcast Ox. I enjoyed them last year and just recently found the site. I am happy about the win, but the perspective was spot on. I think there was more excitement during the Zook years, but if he had continued as the coach I'm sure it would have gotten like it is now. This next game sets up for SC like it did before their game with Georgia. With everyone writing off the ball coach and two weeks to get ready, we'll see if the gators have truly started turning the corner because I expect SC to play lights out next Saturday. Go gators!

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is not apathy so much as ingrained disappointment and emotional self protection. When the bigger picture looks so limited (4 years of common themes), it tempers the response to victories on the field.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I found last week's Podcast entertaining. This podcast was awful. Just whining. Waah Waah Waah!!

I will agree that I am not quite as emotionally invested as usual, because I just don't know how this is going to play out. But it seems like we are starting to see a nice trend here that COULD play out really nicely. Treon, a true freshman, is developing well. He has some athletic skills and throws a pretty good long ball. The O line is better. We are getting some good running production. The defense is playing well. We aren't making huge mistakes.

No, this isn't Fun N Gun nor is it Tebow Harvin in company lighting it up. But it actually seems like what Muschamp wanted to do from day one - ball control football. It ain't the most fun to watch, but right now it seems like we have the personnel to do it. Two solid RB's, an improved OLine, a fairly middling WR core, and a young QB who probably isn't going to be passing 50 times a game, but is capable of burning defenses with the long ball when they jam the box (somewhat like Nick Marshall)

I look around, and I see Bama struggling vs LSU, Auburn losing, and UF playing better, and it just might be that FL is not far off. Maybe, maybe not. It isn't far fetched to me at this point for FL to be the favorite for the SEC east next year.

Also, I just not terribly excited at the replacement candidates we are likely to get. If there was another Spurrier or Urban Meyer waiting in the wings, sure, but I have a feeling anybody who we would really want either isn't available or aren't going to come here.. Some fans want Spurrier...well South Carolina looks awful this year. Some fans want Stoops, but look how badly they got spanked by Baylor.

I am starting to have interest again, because I want to see how this plays out. I see an upside - which was not there at all 2 weeks ago. Now maybe we fall apart in the coming weeks, and I may feel differently at that point, but I am content to let it play out.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I can't help but feel like the past 2 weeks have been fools gold. Lets not forget that UGA lost to USCe, the team some of you love to remind everybody is terrible this year. Clearly UGA was overconfident and got smacked right in the face and didn't know how to respond. And Vandy is just a terrible, terrible team this year. Nothing that happened last night really proves anything in my mind. The only thing I can say I feel like we've learned about Harris is that he provides some spark that JD does not, maybe its leadership, maybe they just believe in him, whatever the case may be, he has provided a spark. However, I am not ready to give him the Heisman trophy because he was about to sling it around a little, in addition to handing off a billion times, on one of the worst teams in college football.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It seemed like a typical Vandy game plenty of Gators in attendance and they were pretty much normal, from my view. I have been at this game in Nashville for over 20 years and I have seen us struggle much more at some games. Seems like last time Jeff won the game by himself by running wild. I don't get the down comments from our board leader, I am still following closely and cheering as normal.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The podcast is important...do not stop...please! One game at a time...just speak your feelings and the truth as you see it...that is why I listen, whether I agree with you or not (most of the time I do).

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you have a lot of damn gall blaming the mass exodus of your members over to GSMB on our twin-fisted Fightin' Gators and our enthusiastic fan base. We've stayed through the third quarter for most games, I'm not sure you can ask much more than that. The fact is, GSMB pulled an end run on you by ingeniously designing their website so that the word "Chatter" is converted to "Sports" and now they're pulling all your members over to their site in droves.

Let me make a suggestion: If you want to save your flagging message board, fight fire with fire. Write a java script that will convert the word "Sports" into "Chatter." That'll fix their wagon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n101740 said:
Ox, you have a lot of damn gall blaming the mass exodus of your members over to GSMB on our twin-fisted Fightin' Gators and our enthusiastic fan base. We've stayed through the third quarter for most games, I'm not sure you can ask much more than that. The fact is, GSMB pulled an end run on you by ingeniously designing their website so that the word "Chatter" is converted to "Sports" and now they're pulling all your members over to their site in droves.

Let me make a suggestion: If you want to save your flagging message board, fight fire with fire. Write a java script that will convert the word "Sports" into "Chatter." That'll fix their wagon.
:lol:

Trust me, there hasn't been anyone posting over at the GSMB either. They have like 6 regular members that post in every thread. Swamp Gas is also a ghost town.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, I suspended my listening of your podcasts awhile ago not because they're not well done. On the contrary, I think they are brilliant. But I've avoided them like many of the posts on this board because they are a frank and truthful commentary on the state of affairs that is Gator Football. I don't need the reminder, I see it every time we take the field.

Look I'm a huge Chatter fan and have been all my life. I played many Chatter as a kid, and Chatter was always a way for me to bond with my father. To me, Chatter is a great diversion from everyday life. So Chatter can't bring negativity into my life, I don't have time for it. I have a family and a business I'm running so in order to stay positive and energized, I avoid a lot of the negative discussion about Chatter. I'm a Phillies fan so I avoid those unbearable douche-bags too. Just not enough hours in the day to allow myself to be unhappy, I guess.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n102095 said:
Ox, I suspended my listening of your podcasts awhile ago not because they're not well done. On the contrary, I think they are brilliant. But I've avoided them like many of the posts on this board because they are a frank and truthful commentary on the state of affairs that is Gator Football. I don't need the reminder, I see it every time we take the field.

Look I'm a huge Chatter fan and have been all my life. I played many Chatter as a kid, and Chatter was always a way for me to bond with my father. To me, Chatter is a great diversion from everyday life. So Chatter can't bring negativity into my life, I don't have time for it. I have a family and a business I'm running so in order to stay positive and energized, I avoid a lot of the negative discussion about Chatter. I'm a Phillies fan so I avoid those unbearable douche-bags too. Just not enough hours in the day to allow myself to be unhappy, I guess.
I think there's a lot of truth to this for a lot of people. I've gotten to the point where I don't enjoy listening to myself be down on the program. If I don't enjoy it, I sure as hell can't imagine anyone else wanting to listen to it. It was never my intent to be so negative, but I honestly never thought we could hit such lows and may never have started if I knew what was coming - I would have held off until we reached better times.

What you've described is exactly why I think forum participation is down across all the boards. No one wants to come to a fan message board with so many people depressed and down on the team. They find other things to do with their time. To be perfectly honest, if this wasn't my board I would have stepped away for a while myself.

I think a coaching change would immediately lift a black cloud hanging over the program and re-energize the base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator