The reason it should not be Frost is...

Discussion in 'Guest Area' started by 1LessID, Nov 7, 2017.

1. 1LessID

1LessID Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    he will have a child. Being able to dedicate your time to recruiting, coaching, speaking engagements, university commitments is much easier when you only have a significant other. As soon as he has a child, he will have his commitment/time priorities change so he can be involved with his child.

If he is a good person that we (Gator alums and fans) have been told he is, then he will want to spend time with his family and not have as much time to focus on all the coaching activities.that will be required to meet the expectations of the new coach. There are enough stories of how Urban missed time with his kids and that was when they were older.

In my experience, the time I had for leisure activities significantly decreased so I could spend time with my child. If he allocates the same time to coaching activities after his child his born that he does now, then is he the "good person" we want?

2. BNAG8R

BNAG8R ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ mind, ⭐️ ⭐️ body

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +2,230 / -11
  3. Since65

Since65 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $39
    Ratings:
    +343 / -0
    So we should find a coach like Jason Bourne? No family, no relatives, preferably no friends.

4. MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $250
    Ratings:
    +5,809 / -20
  5. 1LessID

1LessID Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Exactly. We need a mercenary, preferably a terminator, whose only commitment is getting things back to a top tier program.

6. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $1,301
    Ratings:
    +15,796 / -130
    :drunk:

7. McFly

McFly Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    No worries. I've seen Stricklin's secret list of potential coaches, and everyone on it is a virgin.

8. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $1,301
    Ratings:
    +15,796 / -130
    So you're saying if he stays at UCF he'll have time for the kid? Or are you advocating he leave coaching altogether?

I think every damn coach in the nation has kids.

9. TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $78
    Ratings:
    +3,762 / -28
    they are all raising Daquan's kids.

10. 1LessID

1LessID Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I'm saying the demands of being the UF head coach are significantly more than that of the UCF head coach. The ESPN car wash, media days, booster club talks, special guest analyst during the championship game (yes this is needed to prove that UF's head coach is competent) when UF is not in that game, etc.

There is also a difference between having an adolescent and a baby/toddler. There are plenty of parents that work more than 55 hours per week, but I stopped that when I knew I was going to have a child as I don't think it is responsible to do when it was the adult's choice to raise a child.

People have different opinions on how much time they should spend with their children, and if the picture that's been presented of Frost is that he takes care of those that have helped him achieve his definition of success and does not want to leave them behind, than there is a good likelihood he will not leave it up to his wife to raise his child, but will be an active participant. Hence why I say hire a guy that is manic about his job to get the program out of the doldrums.

11. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $1,301
    Ratings:
    +15,796 / -130
    My friend, the life of a coach is a tough one. They aren't around much - it's the life they have accepted. Having a baby isn't going to change a thing here.

I think Frost has some career goals and having a baby isn't going to slow that down. He certainly isn't going to be coaching for UCF next season.

12. Swamp Queen

Swamp Queen Mrs. Sasquatch
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $511
    Ratings:
    +5,235 / -37
  13. lagator

lagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $188
    Ratings:
    +903 / -6
    So the only ones on it are Tebow and Pat Dooley?

14. 1LessID

1LessID Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I concede. The life of a coach is tough, and requires a decision of what will be sacrificed to achieve greatness.

15. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $94
    Ratings:
    +10,158 / -162
    I think we've gotten our first UCF troll :lol:

16. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
    [​IMG]

17. ExecutiveGator

ExecutiveGator Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.

Oxbucks:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +332 / -0
  18. CaneThing

CaneThing Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I'd like to read what the Roundtable Lords Sid and Quasi think of Frost and other potential candidates. They were spot-on with their predictions of Muschamp and McElwain. Anybody seen or heard from them?

19. MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $250
    Ratings:
    +5,809 / -20
    Nah, I am more interested in your take on the new fresh uniforms.

20. Gator98MD

Gator98MD Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $24
    Ratings:
    +941 / -21
    spot on where? they havent been heard from in years