The reason it should not be Frost is...

Discussion in 'Guest Area' started by 1LessID, Nov 7, 2017.

1. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Jedi-Level Real Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $199
    Ratings:
    +218 / -6
    So you're saying it's Tebow?

2. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Jedi-Level Real Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $199
    Ratings:
    +218 / -6
    Tedious bores and bullies, every damn one of them...

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,557
    Ratings:
    +24,504 / -504
    :doh:

Poor Coach.

4. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    It did not sway me away from him, but the question was if you have any concerns. Being very particular I always have concerns, there is no perfect coach.

And you think SMU is a pretty good team, you have standards different than mine. Auburn for example is a pretty good team, you have to be say top 25 and play decent teams all the time to be pretty good. Memphis is also a pretty good team for example.

Thanks for the conversation. I hope we get him he is number one on my list, he will need to adapt his offense to the SEC, unlike say our past coach who made no attempt to adapt to our players, or the SEC defenses.

5. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    Include Cane Thing in that group, I hope none of them join and they lose interest sort of like the various L-boys.

6. lagator

lagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $188
    Ratings:
    +903 / -6
    UCF, Memphis, and SMU all have similar talent and good young coaches. But UCF has the best of the 3 which is why he is the primary target. UCF beat Memphis by a much larger margin than SMU so not sure why you respect one team and not the other.

Anyway, you are definitely right that there are always risks with any hire, but Frost is looking like a guy you simply can't risk letting get away.

7. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    Good point, perhaps because I live close to Memphis and a relative (deceased) rooted for them I have some bias.

Frost is number one on my list, I hope we can get him and that he gets a great staff. Mac might have been successful with a much better staff, most of his seems at best fair and mostly poor. And this is not like say fishing where you can mostly eliminate the getting away. He might like say Nebraska better, he might really enjoy building up the place he is currently at. We better have multiple options or another Mac might be the result.

With BBall coming up I thought about coach White, he is considered a great success but his history is somewhat the same as Mac. Sure they are different sports with different challenges but perhaps some could make a decent thread as to why they think one worked and one did not.

8. ccsdk

ccsdk New Member

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    This is bull... all coaches know the sacrifices to be successful!

9. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +6,464 / -34
    ... suicide by post.