The snarky post-game Mac press conference thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also tossed out a shot that he's impressed with the support that Saban has had and the commitment and trust that they've given him.
Well, if he's talking about the legion of former coaches and offensive, defensive and ST "quality" assistants, then I agree.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"Im just happy to be here"

That should be all that any of us takes from that presser. That's how he feels. That is what we have as the HC at the university of florida.

Reporter: What needs to be done in order to get the program to the next step?
Mac: "Im just happy to be here."

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He can only answer the questions that are asked. I thought he answered the questions pretty honestly. Now, you may not like the answers but I'm fairly sure that he has better insight into his team than you or I do.

Last edited:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'll probably blow smoke about how awesome Saban is, anyone catch Saban say sorry for running the score up?
Yes. That was pathetic. I'm embarrassed for him. Saban actually looked like he felt bad which only makes it worse.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He can only answer the questions that are asked. I thought he answered the questions pretty honestly. Now, you may not like the answers but i'm fairly sure that he has better insight into his team than you or I do.
So its cool after getting owned and destroyed to have the, 'hey, were just happy to be here' attitude about the situation when someone asks you what needs to be done to fix the issues?

I'd love to bomb at work for a month or 2, then tell that to my boss when he sits me down and asks me what i think i need to do to improve.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Was Mac trying to make out with Saban after the game? So much man-love, multiple hugs - for a guy that just humiliated your Gator Nation.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So its cool after getting owned and destroyed to have the, 'hey, were just happy to be here' attitude about the situation when someone asks you what needs to be done to fix the issues?

I'd love to bomb at work for a month or 2, then tell that to my boss when he sits me down and asks me what i think i need to do to improve.

He has a contract, it is not up to him whether he stays or goes. I'm fairly certain that he knows, as well as we do, that some portions of the game were nothing more than a **** show. We're not happy, he's not happy, I think nobody in Gator Nation is happy about getting blown out by Alabama. However, he is correct about how good this Bama team is. And, since he's been in the bowels of the beast, I think he is probably qualified to make a fair assessment of this Bama team. I'm sure this Gator team is "just happy to be here". Does that mean there was no effort tonight. No, because they really did play their tails off. They could not overcome some major deficiencies. Will it get better? Time will tell, and time is running out. He knows this, too. I can't speak for others, but I'm pulling for him. I hope he can turn it around. Now, I know that just by saying I'm pulling for our coach to make our Gators better, some will be aghast. Doesn't mean I'm sure he will, it's up to the staff. Gotta recruit better, gotta play better. Bottom line. Oh, and coach better.

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He knew what he was getting when he was hired. HE'S the one that's said he could win with his dog at QB, so what's the problem, coach?
To be fair he said he believes he can win with his dog. That doesn't mean it is true lol.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure this Gator team is "just happy to be here".
No bro, he was asked what HE needed to do for the team to get better and that was HIS response. HE is just happy to be there. If that response doesn't speak volumes to you then nothing will.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mac will need a job in less than a year.

He'll never need another job the rest of his life after his salary the last 2 years, plus next year and his buyout. He'll live out his days on a 200 acre ranch in Montana, occasionally catching a Florida game on ESPN while chuckling about the millions he made and the two SEC Championship games he lost...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just over it. Let me know when some coaches are fired. Otherwise it's not going to change one bit. I've got other ways to spend my time than to watch this sh8tshow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just over it. Let me know when some coaches are fired. Otherwise it's not going to change one bit. I've got other ways to spend my time than to watch this sh8tshow.
Yeah, that's where most of are, at least the ones that didn't leave already.

Just tired of the 105th ranked sh!tshow year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's where most of are, at least the ones that didn't leave already.

Just tired of the 105th ranked sh!tshow year after year after year after year after year after year after year.
I may go to the Outback Bowl just because I may be able to get tickets for less than $10 and it's a reason to have fun in Tampa, but I really don't even care at this point. Realistically, the only good news we'll get is that someone is healed or that a coach has been fired. We aren't going to win the bowl game and we'll just be stuck with the same BS recruiting. We come in second place for all these kids, and it's just a joke. Just not worth caring.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I may go to the Outback Bowl just because I may be able to get tickets for less than $10 and it's a reason to have fun in Tampa, but I really don't even care at this point. Realistically, the only good news we'll get is that someone is healed or that a coach has been fired. We aren't going to win the bowl game and we'll just be stuck with the same BS recruiting. We come in second place for all these kids, and it's just a joke. Just not worth caring.

And Iowa is significantly better coached than we are, win or lose. Ferentz is legit and McElwain.....well, he's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator