The Texas Job - AC (After Charlie), Mac on their list

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
See the conclusion jumped to -- the "how dare this fan defend coach Mac's clumsy, doubtful-progress 10-win first
season ?

I was asking for an average in years on single coaches that stayed at one school to develop his program
into a winner. Fret not, I am not defending Mac or any coach. I am seeking to learn the span of years a
coach has been given to "make it", thereby seeing if that "given span" has been shortening as a
modern trend.?

In spite of my seeking generic data, coach Mac did not cause us 7 years of failures. The coach we're
rejecting now has had nothing to do with 7 years of Florida failure. Anyway, I have no defiant point; my
research question is about the employment environment of modern CFB coaching. = is the time given
until success shrinking ?

I was immediately disgusted last year with Mac's leading(?) us to a season-ending 3 game collapse, leaving
us Gator fans & recruits with doubts on UF "heading" on course for success ... along with this year's demonstrated
non-dominance of easy SOS opponents. If Harbaugh, whose personality I dislike, would come here and make
UF perennially a top 10 team with some NCs, I'd be all for his hire.

I am not an "its gotta be Mac" fan; if it were right now decided to let Mac go, I would have this
nagging worry that we had made an antsy mistake = unless we replaced him with a type HC like Spurrier,
or Saban.(not Meyer because of the doubt that he has staying power.) Would Patrino, without his QB phenom,
make us a sure powerhouse here within a 2-3 year span?
No championships. We as the UF do not demoralize ourselves to mediocrity. WE set the standard!!!!

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
please be true
I agree. Then, we license use of IBM Watson AI to be coach. At least that thing can analyze data and realize when sh!t isn't working and then make a different decision instead of doing the same thing because in theory it should work, which is the current coaching paradigm for the Gators.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It's hilarious because the coach gets paid 5 million a year yet some fans feel the need to patrol the message boards and tell fans to stop being spoiled and to be patient. LOL.

I wish the posters would come to my work and tell my supervisors to be patient with me and lower expectations.... And I don't get paid 5 million a year.
I'm sure you don't run anything capable of making 10s of million a year either. Go sit on your thumb.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure you don't run anything capable of making 10s of million a year either. Go sit on your thumb.
His point really flew over your head didn't it?

Try this: he makes peanuts, yet still is required to produce at a quality level or gtfo.

I won't say anything else. If you fail to make the obvious connection, I can't help you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So if herman keeps losing would they decide to make a run after mac instead?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Herman will be the biggest fish in a little pond this offseason regardless of whether he drops a few games this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then who else are they gonna hire?

USA TODAY’s Dan Wolken is reporting that Texas, if it can’t hire Houston’s Tom Herman, will likely target the following head coaches:

• Florida head coach Jim McElwain
  • North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora
  • Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze
  • Washington head coach Chris Petersen
  • California head coach Sonny Dykes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac was to leave that would just set us behind even more.
Behind what? He likely has already had his best year. So far he seems like a guy who may be able to suck slightly less than the shytty coaches in the SEC East and look like a practice squad versus any of the top schools. Two more years of his craptastic recruiting and we will be fighting Kintucky to stay out of last place.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Behind what? He has already had his best year. He is a guy who may be able to suck slightly less than the shytty coaches in the SEC East and look like a practice squad versus any of the top schools, but nothing more. Two more years of his craptastic recruiting and we will be fighting Kintucky to stay out of last place.

He MUST pull in some top talent this go around.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC East point Law just made is legit. What would Mac's record be right now if we were in the West? We'd be Mississippi State.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Behind what? He likely has already had his best year. So far he seems like a guy who may be able to suck slightly less than the shytty coaches in the SEC East and look like a practice squad versus any of the top schools. Two more years of his craptastic recruiting and we will be fighting Kintucky to stay out of last place.
We'll never be as bad as Kentucky, but your point is still valid. I think we have 2 more years before a move is made.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Guess we will wait and see what happens.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We'll never be as bad as Kentucky, but your point is still valid. I think we have 2 more years before a move is made.
We will be a full 4-6 years away from contending again if Mac's current recruiting levels continues and he gets enough years to totally destroy the talent level.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We are 12th in recruiting points and 8th in star average right now with lots of spots to fill unlike many ahead of us. Assuming we fill that with more 4*s than 3*s and a possible 5* or two we will finish high. Not top 5 where we belong but close. Or we won't. **** could go either way, all will nilly like a cat. Who knows. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
His point really flew over your head didn't it?

Try this: he makes peanuts, yet still is required to produce at a quality level or gtfo.

I won't say anything else. If you fail to make the obvious connection, I can't help you.
Production means different things to different people. Using second tier depth to win the SEC East in year one while losing your starting QB and then currently being ranked while 5-1 with scrubs for QBs still is acceptable production for me right now.

I believe Mac is turning things around it's just slow going. Champ didn't do us too many favors in The offensive department.

I hate to use dumbo as an example but fsucks had 5 star talent everywhere his first couple of years and he kept underachieving. Mac didn't have that luxury(on D yes).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, see Michigan. They were in the same situation we were and have turned it around uber quickly, even swiping recruits from our own state. I'm so f^n sick and tired of the excuses made among Florida fans and being told to be patient. 7 god---n years is more than patient enough.

Define Ubar quick? Rich Rod took over in 2008, tried to remake the roster into a disaster (he was their Muschamp). Hoke took over in 2011 started rebuilding the roster into a pro-style offense again. Harbaugh took over from where the roster was already in year 4 of rebuilding the roster, and put the dynamic pieces in place and is 1000x times better a game day coach that Hoke. So year 5 is uber quick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.