The top scoring play-callers over the last 4 years

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not angry. I just think SEC homers are uneducated college football fans.....

hooo boy :facepalm:

Simple question, what conference is better from top to bottom?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
most teams in our conference don't have to, look at the quarterbacks in our conference.
giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
hooo boy :facepalm:

Simple question, what conference is better from top to bottom?

Ok, homer.

The ACC.

B10 can go head to head.

And the P12 top to bottom is on par.

Outside of Alabama, the SEC is an average conference - top to bottom.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, homer.
I'm a homer because I asked which conference is better?
You really need to ease up bro. No one is coming at you. I literally only asked you to name the conference that is better top to bottom. I know it's early but crack a beer man, enjoy yourself.

Right now, you might be right, but I don't believe that's a shifting tide. I'd also say, as a conference Acc is just on par with the SEC, maybe slightly better last year, and the others you listed head to head are beneath the SEC, when you span across the entire conference.

Outside of the top 1 or 2 teams in the big 10 and pac 12, the teams get very bad quickly

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right now, you might be right, but I don't believe that's a shifting tide. I'd also say, as a conference Acc is just on par with the SEC, maybe slightly better last year, and the others you listed head to head are beneath the SEC, when you span across the entire conference.

And this is based on what.... your gut?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think ANY offense can work in the SEC....you just need the right talent. Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier both ran offenses that "will never work in the SEC".

This whole "SEC" beating our chests thing is sooooo 10 years ago. The SEC is NOT the best CFB conference anymore. Accept it, because it is what it is.

These offenses, no matter what kind of defense they are playing, still have to execute and score. Our badass SEC offense put up a whopping 24 vs. UMass last year....it was 10-7 going into the 4th quarter. Is UMass' D SEC caliber?? Don't give me the "SEC" defenses crap.
You're kind of making my point in case you didn't notice......
I've said for the last 4 or 5 years that while Bama wins titles the SEC is not necessarily the best conference....In fact we recently had a thread up about who was the best conference and I said top 5 against top 5 that the ACC or Big Ten may be the best.
Now all that being said I think the SEC MAY have the best overall talent from top to bottom but they are saddled with mediocre to bad coaches minus Saban.....
My point being a lot of different offenses can work in this conference but if you're going to go up tempo or pass heavy you better damn sure recruit some stallions on BOTH sides of the ball.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've said for the last 4 or 5 years that while Bama wins titles the SEC is not necessarily the best conference....In fact we recently had a thread up about who was the best conference and I said top 5 against top 5 that the ACC or Big Ten may be the best.
Now all that being said I think the SEC MAY have the best overall talent from top to bottom but they are saddled with mediocre to bad coaches minus Saban.....
My point being a lot of different offenses can work in this conference but if you're going to go up tempo or pass heavy you better damn sure recruit some stallions on BOTH sides of the ball.

The SEC lacks talent at QB and head coach(minus Saban). A lot of rudderless talent everywhere else.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The SEC lacks talent at QB and head coach(minus Saban). A lot of rudderless talent everywhere else.
That's a pretty good summary of the current situation in the conference.....Now the big question is how much longer will the upper level talent keep coming here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I agree w/ you CH. That's what I was posting about....then it turned into a homer fest, "Oh yeah!! WHO is the best conference then!!!" I'll argue that the bottom of the SEC is no better than the bottom of most other conferences as well. It's very much like the ACC was about 5 years ago when they had 12 teams make bowl games and most of the teams had 8-4, 7-5, or 6-6 records. Only Alabama is projected to win 10+ games this year by the odds makers. Even Auburn, who is getting a lot of Top 10 recognition is at 8 wins (projected). Again, this is all "cyclical" and I do think the poor head coaches in our conference is an issue. I can see LSU w/ their great OC hire having a marked improvement this year. If we find a QB we could at least not get blown out 3 or 4 times. If Stidham is legit, then Auburn could have a better than expected year. And if Eason shows marked improvement UGA has the talent to be very good. Unless Tennessee has a year like 1998, they are probably going to flounder to a 7 to 9 win season. Basically, the conference is going to be mediocre-to-good (at best) again this year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a pretty good summary of the current situation in the conference.....Now the big question is how much longer will the upper level talent keep coming here.

I'm not worried one bit about UF. We'll get ours.

#3*U :headbang::thug:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best Coaches ACC, best overall talent SEC...

The problem is that coaching wise, it's Saban and a bunch of nobodies....

ACC has top to bottom better coaches and the talent level isn't too much lower than SEC.

Big 10, 1 great coach, 3 good coaches, and right now a bunch of also rans

Pac12 has a bunch of middling coaches and talent

Big12, also a bunch of middling coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Best Coaches ACC, best overall talent SEC...

The problem is that coaching wise, it's Saban and a bunch of nobodies....

ACC has top to bottom better coaches and the talent level isn't too much lower than SEC.

Big 10, 1 great coach, 3 good coaches, and right now a bunch of also rans

Pac12 has a bunch of middling coaches and talent

Big12, also a bunch of middling coaches.

Well in 2014 we were told the SEC had the best coaching in the country and most of the guys they listed are still in the SEC so I think opinions on that can change quickly.

Jimbo is pretty high on that list considering he isn't in the Big 12.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well in 2014 we were told the SEC had the best coaching in the country and most of the guys they listed are still in the SEC so I think opinions on that can change quickly.

Jimbo is pretty high on that list considering he isn't in the Big 12.

Guys were overrated... never understood the love for Mullen or Freeze. We did have Franklin in 2014, and he is a good coach. The media loved Muschamp, until they didn't (some still do). Mulzhan is a one trick pony, and if you take it away.. Mostly from 2014 til now, guys have been exposed for whom they really are, just a bunch of guys.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Guys were overrated... never understood the love for Mullen or Freeze. We did have Franklin in 2014, and he is a good coach. The media loved Muschamp, until they didn't (some still do). Mulzhan is a one trick pony, and if you take it away.. Mostly from 2014 til now, guys have been exposed for whom they really are, just a bunch of guys.

I am not sold on Mullen either. I think Malzahn will have a good season due to that new QB. Sumlin better outscore enough teams to go 9-3 or he will be gone for sure.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sold on Mullen either. I think Malzahn will have a good season due to that new QB. Sumlin better outscore enough teams to go 9-3 or he will be gone for sure.

Like Mullen Malzahn needs his system to work, and the new quarterback could do it... we'll see, but talent allow should get that team to 9 wins. Sumlin (who I still like offensively) is still just a 8-4 coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.