Things people who dont know football say

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"And don't forget play action passes on 3rd and long that always throws the defense off." Butters and Nuss logic lol.
In complete and total fairness, draws are a fairly common play on 3rd & long, so faking one of those on occasion isn’t a terrible idea. Doing it all the time, however, is silly.

Case in point, the JMU-Weber St. game last night. Weber had a 3rd & long on the 35 or so going in, and the QB ran the fake draw step back like Tebow used to do, and dropped a perfect pass to his receiver in the end zone. So 3rd & long play action works when applied properly.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Back in the "50's" when I played high school ball on a sandspur ridden field @ a small Catholic school in
St. Pete, our coach whose background was a 2nd string OL @ ND, used to say" you have to adjust to the situation", most of the time it worked. Case in Point, SOS drawing up plays on the sideline in the dirt so it seemed. God, I miss that creativity...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
"The officiating was awful and we would have won if not for the refs. they seem to always have it in for us or are getting paid off"

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
By strict definition of the OP title, anything that comes out of my mouth.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Wow, they sure play some great defense in the Pac12! And how about tht Big Ten, now that's some entertaining football! Oh, and Jim Harbaugh - what a great guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator