This class is typical of the Mac Era

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It isn't bad, but there's no star power. It's just a ho hum class. They'll be some good in Henderson, Wilson, Conliffe, but no players that make you say WOW they're gonna be stars!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was good enough today too keep the heat down some to see what our offense does this upcoming season but not up to past standards the past couple of years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sad_clown_by_didi_s-d4l5rbk.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This class straight sucked until a till a week ago.

We got the best DB class in the nation. And we got a star DE.

We loaded up on the D line. And although I'm not particularly thrilled about our LB class at least we got bodies.

I would've liked the WR class to be better and would have been if Robinson did not get into trouble 2 days before signing day.

We got one of the best receivers in the nation in Green. And if we can get Lemons will have one of the best RB classes in the nation.

I would have liked to see more on the OL and an elite pass rusher. Quarterback continues to be the biggest problem with offense and it has to be addressed with an elite signal caller next year.

All in all – a solid class. Much, much, much better than what I was expecting. I'm relatively pleased.

I think it's much more balanced than any of chump's classes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was good enough today too keep the heat down some to see what our offense does this upcoming season but not up to past standards the past couple of years.

That's fair. Not a Meyer class. But a pretty strong and balanced class.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This class straight sucked until a till a week ago.

We got the best DB class in the nation. And we got a star DE.

We loaded up on the D line. And although I'm not particularly thrilled about our LB class at least we got bodies.

I would've liked the WR class to be better and would have been if Robinson did not get into trouble 2 days before signing day.

We got one of the best receivers in the nation in Green. And if we can get Lemons will have one of the best RB classes in the nation.

I would have liked to see more on the OL and an elite pass rusher. Quarterback continues to be the biggest problem with offense and it has to be addressed with an elite signal caller next year.

All in all – a solid class. Much, much, much better than what I was expecting. I'm relatively pleased.

I think it's much more balanced than any of chump's classes.
It's actually extremely close to WM philosophy. Undersign the OL, load up at DB, and RB. We're still thin at DT. We only have 4 true DTs(Slaton is still learning), We have probjects at LB, QB and Green is a decent WR. I'd hold up on the best DB class in the nation. That belongs to OSU. They have 2 5*s and 4 4*s committed in their defensive backfield.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would definitely have liked a couple five stars. Particularly a QB, WR, and DE. But we knew it wasn't coming.

Five stars bring you over the top but it's the 4 stars that build your class. What I didn't like we're all the 3 stars originally with this class.

So if 4 stars are backbones of championship contending team how did we do in relation to the rest of the field?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How is 6 DBs balanced? LOL

It's an ok class and still below our average class rank of 7th before Mac arrived

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually extremely close to WM philosophy. Undersign the OL, load up at DB, and RB. We're still thin at DT. We only have 4 true DTs(Slaton is still learning), We have probjects at LB, QB and Green is a decent WR.

We're pretty stacked at OL right now. We have like 15-20 OL on the roster. But we should have still gotten a couple more.

DT was a disaster the two years prior to this. The first one where he only came in a month prior to NSD. Last year was a fail at that position in recruiting. He made up for pretty well this year with some big boys. We're going to have a year (probably this year) where we are going to struggle against the run.

Again. I'm pretty pleased.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I would definitely have liked a couple five stars. Particularly a QB, WR, and DE. But we knew it wasn't coming.

Five stars bring you over the top but it's the 4 stars that build your class. What I didn't like we're all the 3 stars originally with this class.

So if 4 stars are backbones of championship contending team how did we do in relation to the rest of the field?

11th in star ranking isn't all that great. We were top eight at one point. We aren't catching up to our rivals. That's the problem.

Filling out needs is code for having an ok class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How is 6 DBs balanced? LOL

It's an ok class and still below our average class rank of 7th before Mac arrived

He's balancing out the roster. A few of those kids will redshirt. Two or three of these kids will actually start.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
11th in star ranking isn't all that great. We were top eight at one point. We aren't catching up to our rivals. That's the problem.

Nobody said it was a great class. It's a good class. I can't be happy with a good class? With the disaster that it was a month ago I'm happy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

By the way I don't care about team ranking. I care about filling needs, size, and speed at certain positions. And individual ranking.

I also care about locking down our state. I three-star from Florida is better than a four star from California.

Sixth in the nation with four stars is a big deal. Would I like to be first? Sure. But that's a huge step up from just a week ago.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It's actually extremely close to WM philosophy. Undersign the OL, load up at DB, and RB. We're still thin at DT. We only have 4 true DTs(Slaton is still learning), We have probjects at LB, QB and Green is a decent WR. I'd hold up on the best DB class in the nation. That belongs to OSU. They have 2 5*s and 4 4*s committed in their defensive backfield.
I hear ya, not taking a third olinemen could hurt us, and even if they both contribute could still hurt us bc theres no depth in this class there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody said it was a great class. It's a good class. I can't be happy with a good class? With the disaster that it was a month ago I'm happy.

No one is taking your happy class pills away. Don't worry be happy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
By the way I don't care about team ranking.

Well, unfortunately it's a proven fact that team recruiting rankings have a great deal of impact on team success.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean they aren't important. Sorry

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Come on, dude. Are we counting walkon scout teamers now?

With this class, I think we're at 17 scholarship OL. I would have been nice to get a couple additional. But it's not a killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.