This class is typical of the Mac Era

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think this thread backfired...lol.

To be fair, I've been pretty vocal at times about my criticism of Mac, especially after this past season. But, I have to give credit where credit is due...he closed HARD. We addressed most (if not all) areas of need and got some playmakers on both sides of the ball. Also, he fought for Lemons and Robinson and realized they were too talented to let go. On paper, he and his staff did an excellent job recruiting this cycle. If we have a quarterback on the roster in Franks or Trask (is Zaire still an option mid year?) then the future is very bright. Well done, Coach.

Well put. And the word you used that I also noticed is "fought", with regards to Lemmons and Robinson. I'm not a huge believer in a leopard changing its spots, but that fight and intensity has always seemed to be the missing piece with Mac. It would've been too easy to casually roll over and watch these guys go elsewhere while we settled for plan D and E types. But he wasn't willing to accept that. Getting those guys, along with the others that joined today, was a big win for him in my book.

My only gripe would be that this wonderful high that we all felt today could've been spread out a little over time, and would've definitely helped us perception wise the past few months. Not sure if that was planned, or just happened, but I'd like to see a little more balance in that regard going forward. That aside, yes this was one of the better NSDs I can recall recently.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, I guess you didn't bother reading the "...from just a week ago" finish to his comments?
If you want my full attention you have to pay up front.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's just "choice" how the neGators just can't let go of their negative BS for one day. (average class at best) LOL!

While not a great class this class is far better than what the negative Nancy's so loudly predicted, over and over!

The Gator Nation can exhale and enjoy a day most didn't expect. Maybe we can even win more that the 4 or 5 games the
negators have been predicting.

From where I sit, we have the pieces to compete with anyone, maybe not win but not embarrass the team or fan base.

I know that winning 10 games and the East doesn't excite many on this board but it sure beats what everyone else in the East has been doing.

:chomp:

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is a good class, not a great class but that is way too much to expect at this time. Now that we have a reasonable set of raw material now better coaching is required to get the results that we all desire.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So ya'll are saying,..it's a little to soon to think about this statue :butters:outside of The Swamp? :lmao2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good class, not a great class but that is way too much to expect at this time. Now that we have a reasonable set of raw material now better coaching is required to get the results that we all desire.

Another reasonable excellent post.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We went from 31 to TOP 10 so that was a great comeback and close by Mac and company to OWN and DESTROY these very boards and thread!!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Today was definitely a pleasant surprise. Glad this class filled some needs and at least allows us to field a decent team in the near future. Hopefully this positive momentum going into the fall will help with having a better start for recruiting in next year's class.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But how many are high 4's? :dunno:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Is this class going to catch FSU, Bama, LSU, or Michigan ? No. It's an average class when you look at UF's past classes and where it ranks now. There's no Percy Harvin, Carlos, Dunlap or VH3. There's good players sprinkled in with projects and high risk high reward guys.

Meanwhile, Bama, FSU, and LSU, and Michigan have impact players all over their classes with great coaching. Do any of you really think Mac can out coach Saban, Jimbo or Harbaugh with less talent?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some people would rather be right about negatives than be happy about positives.
Mehhh.... lukewarm. Basically just like everything about the Butters Error so far.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have faith some of these kids ARE going to be the next Percy, Vernon and Bullard.:proud:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty happy with the class. The class was way more balanced than anything Muschamp ever signed here. Considering we was 40th and now we're top 10, I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator