This class is typical of the Mac Era

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
This is a good class, not a great class but that is way too much to expect at this time. Now that we have a reasonable set of raw material now better coaching is required to get the results that we all desire.
If #8 is good not great, where's the line b/t the two? #6? #5? I think a lot of these guys will be great Gators in a couple of years.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
After what looked like this :trainwreck: only a few days ago, I'm pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic. I never thought we'd make top 10, so I'm very happy with this. Now if we can show signs of life on offense next season, the recruits will come knocking on our door. I'm not asking for a top 10 offense, just something above 50 would be really really nice and from the looks of it, we may finally have all the pieces. Go Gators.:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not asking for a top 10 offense, just something above 50 would be really really nice
Smh. Just average. Average is good enough now. Youve succeeded in lowering the bar so much that half this fvkking fanbase thinks we are Vandy.

Just happy at the thought of being fifth or so in the SEC.

There is no team in the SEC that can defend the pass. Period.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah, I forgot the you cant recruit for the first four years rule.

That was not my intent. We have more competition than in the past, our coach does not have deep relationships with HS in the state, and our offense has been disappointing. Not to mention the lack of facilities that many have noted. Sure I would like a whole class of five stars carefully weighted to our needs, that would be unrealistic in my view.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If #8 is good not great, where's the line b/t the two? #6? #5? I think a lot of these guys will be great Gators in a couple of years.

I had heard 15 and for me great is top 2 or perhaps 5. I also think we have a good core that meets our needs.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this class going to catch FSU, Bama, LSU, or Michigan ? No. It's an average class when you look at UF's past classes and where it ranks now. There's no Percy Harvin, Carlos, Dunlap or VH3. There's good players sprinkled in with projects and high risk high reward guys.

Meanwhile, Bama, FSU, and LSU, and Michigan have impact players all over their classes with great coaching. Do any of you really think Mac can out coach Saban, Jimbo or Harbaugh with less talent?
I see you mention LSU twice, then don't mention their coach at the end. :lol:
Why, because we beat them and their coach, at their house, when it should have been at ours. It think you can scratch LSU off your list.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Through the fog of discontent, we be happy for the rise in fortune this week. Gators needed a little well dealt hand. All aboard, identity and a band of brothers attitude up next! Welcome to the 'Nation freshman. Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is this class going to catch FSU, Bama, LSU, or Michigan ? No. It's an average class when you look at UF's past classes and where it ranks now. There's no Percy Harvin, Carlos, Dunlap or VH3. There's good players sprinkled in with projects and high risk high reward guys.

Meanwhile, Bama, FSU, and LSU, and Michigan have impact players all over their classes with great coaching. Do any of you really think Mac can out coach Saban, Jimbo or Harbaugh with less talent?

Are you an FSU fan or some other team? My guess is FSU if you think Jimbo is a good coach even without superior talent. I could care less if you are myself.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Really what this means is that we're going to have to play disciplined, fundamentally sound football in order to beat teams like F$U who are signing those 3 game changers a year. Provided the bulk of our starters are 4-stars we CAN pull it off, but it's going to take near error-free football to do it. This staff hasn't shown it's capable of getting that type of play out of our players.
It puts the emphasis on coaching. I think they will surprise us next year assuming we can get a QB that doesn't turn the ball over and can go through progressions. We are pretty balanced now - both coaching and players - as a TEAM. We may not make it to the SECCG and we may have a worse record next year, but I think our wins will be solid and our losses will be very close and competitive. AND, the O should be entertaining.

I think Mac will hire the right guys to improve recruiting and to improve the special teams (KR,PR,KB,PB) and the O-line.

I'm seeing a methodical rebuilding process.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Won't win a national championship but blowouts need to stop.
I think we'll see the blow-outs stopping next year. We signed another class that addressed needs so we have quality depth (not 5* but quality).

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It isn't bad, but there's no star power. It's just a ho hum class. They'll be some good in Henderson, Wilson, Conliffe, but no players that make you say WOW they're gonna be stars!
I kinda have to disagree here but not entirely. You're right no real stars but I think Slaton and Stewart alone will be studs. Stewart is this years Gardner and will play immediately. I also think Lemons will be a great back for us. I think it's a solid class top to bottom with no real weak presence except that 2 star kid that doesn't make any sense still.

This is a building block class. It's solid but we NEEDED dbs badly. We got the best class in the country there. Very happy with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.