Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You don't think that hiring an arbiter that is:

An Alumnus with two degrees from UF
A Former Trustee of Levin School of Law
A former athlete at UF
A known athletic booster

The above person is hearing a case against a star football athlete. You don't think that another person could have been found and hired? What is your sound reasoning? It is shameful and pathetic. I want fairness and impartiality(or at least the appearance of it). If AC is innocent then it shouldn't matter but please try to make it look impartial. It's a PR step in doo-doo. I have multiple likes on several posts on here so I don't think I am being negative or unreasonable. Yeah...six likes on one of my posts about this. You going personal and trying to insult me just shows me that you can't handle reality very well. Anytime it's shown to you, you throw a hissy fit like the one above.

Oh boy. Six likes now equals being right...hahaha....you need to own your negativity and your ability to find anything and everything negative possible about every subject posted here. Now, could we have hired an outsider? Maybe. I dont see the big deal when the school is handing over a 1000 page investigation. They have done what is required of them. I hope her counsel makes the report public knowledge.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Women's studies? Talk about hyperbole. UF could have found a better candidate to hear the case. They dropped the ball. It sure looks like they pulled an FSU to me. Shameful.

I don't know all the facts, but this is only like FSU if Callaway came away from it
with crabs he didn't pay for ? :confused:

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oh boy. Six likes now equals being right...hahaha....you need to own your negativity and your ability to find anything and everything negative possible about every subject posted here. Now, could we have hired an outsider? Maybe. I dont see the big deal when the school is handing over a 1000 page investigation. They have done what is required of them. I hope her counsel makes the report public knowledge.....

My point is simple. My previous opinions have zero to do with UF making a mistake by hiring an improper arbiter. And you trying to use anything said prior as proof is a joke. Others agree with me. SO you say I'm famous for being negative...great! Imagine how right I must be for people to actually like a post of mine. Right? If I am king of the negatives then for another poster to agree with me may mean that what I am saying actually has merit. I've told you before...put me on ignore. If all you are going to do is cry about my past posts then get gone. The board doesn't need us arguing.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
My point is simple. My previous opinions have zero to do with UF making a mistake by hiring an improper arbiter. And you trying to use anything said prior as proof is a joke. Others agree with me. SO you say I'm famous for being negative...great! Imagine how right I must be for people to actually like a post of mine. Right? If I am king of the negatives then for another poster to agree with me may mean that what I am saying actually has merit. I've told you before...put me on ignore. If all you are going to do is cry about my past posts then get gone. The board doesn't need us arguing.

You really think telling me to get gone means squat to me? Your the KING of negativity and you will always be known as such. Now, I will continue to call it like I see it and that will include pointing out your nonsense so you might want to put me on ignore. Or get gone. Hahaha....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You really think telling me to get gone means squat to me? Your the KING of negativity and you will always be known as such. Now, I will continue to call it like I see it and that will include pointing out your nonsense so you might want to put me on ignore. Or get gone. Hahaha....

Done. No one needs read that BS. Go Gators.

EDIT: You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content

Seriously...you really had to work at this for me to actually do it. I hope you move on at some point.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Money whores and Dirt bag lawyers... God Bless America. :facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So let me get this straight...we hire a person close to the program which makes us wrong..check. Does that mean that if the evidence clearly showed guilt on our players that we would lie and cover it up somehow? Highly doubtful. If this university has done a 1000 page investigation that is shared with the girls counsel and there is evidence our guys did wrong, we would can the player in a heartbeat. This isnt FSU that purposely covers up players discretion's so they can help us win. Thats evident by the first reaction to not allow them on campus until further investigation.

As Gators, we would like to think our side would have handled things fairly regardless of representation, but that's immaterial. If you're opposing counsel, it matters who we chose. It matters not only in terms of potential bias, but also in the court of public opinion, which Clune, a savvy attorney, is responsible for managing as well. He would have been letting down his client if he hadn't called foul.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
All that I read was that Treon Harris made his deal. Callaway chose to deny her allegations and to defend himself against those allegations. There was not a deal involving Callaway.

The quote said Harris transferring was part of a deal. It is hard for me to imagine that Callaway was not the other part of the deal? When you have a plea deal, there is still a hearing unless you are no longer under the juris diction as in the case of Harris who left UF.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
As Gators, we would like to think our side would have handled things fairly regardless of representation, but that's immaterial. If you're opposing counsel, it matters who we chose. It matters not only in terms of potential bias, but also in the court of public opinion, which Clune, a savvy attorney, is responsible for managing as well. He would have been letting down his client if he hadn't called foul.

I completely agree that we should handle this situation fairly. I just dont agree that choosing who they did was unfair. If we had attempted to cover something up, I would be livid and would call out everyone involved. I think assuming the choice would naturally lean in the players direction was wrong until that person proved otherwise. Every bit of this situation is assumptions made by everyone here. I just dont always assume there is wrong doing without given reason. This could have all been prevented by the accuser calling the police.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate the well though out and constructive response. We just agree to disagree. From the accuser's perspective it looks awful and I would feel that the university did not offer up someone who I know is 100% unbiased with zero connections to the athletic dept. You even said it depends on the person. Why not get someone where you don't have to guess about it? I am sure there are 100's of candidates not former athletes and current boosters.

I don't know enough about the hearing process at UF. My assumption is they have people trained to handle these that are all cleared by the University. I don't know if they could have hired an outsider or not. If they had that option it probably would have been a good one to take to avoid any issues.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know enough about the hearing process at UF. My assumption is they have people trained to handle these that are all cleared by the University. I don't know if they could have hired an outsider or not. If they had that option it probably would have been a good one to take to avoid any issues.

An outsider is good because if its like a lot of places its a joke for a normal student and you are booted many times with literally just he said she said and nothing more. You would be way better off with someone that knows the law from the outside because they may want to at least see some basic civil law level evidence to boot you out of school.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The quote said Harris transferring was part of a deal. It is hard for me to imagine that Callaway was not the other part of the deal? When you have a plea deal, there is still a hearing unless you are no longer under the juris diction as in the case of Harris who left UF.

Callaway (with his legal team) is making the stand that her allegations are false, that she's lying. Such stance
is the opposite of any dealing. That is an uncompromising stance, not a deal.

The handling of this and the outcome will be severely important because it will "convict" a sexual molester or
it will cast the sex-abuse accuser as bearing false charges. Everyone knows how fearfully damaging that stands
with those accusers who are actual victims of rape. Even though she is not technically claiming rape, it muddles
the certainty that the female is to be automatically believed and the bias that a female would not lie about something
so harmful.

Regardless which way the outcome, that outcome will be crappy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway (with his legal team) is making the stand that her allegations are false, that she's lying. Such stance
is the opposite of any dealing. That is an uncompromising stance, not a deal.

The handling of this and the outcome will be severely important because it will "convict" a sexual molester or
it will cast the sex-abuse accuser as bearing false charges. Everyone knows how fearfully damaging that stands
with those accusers who are actual victims of rape. Even though she is not technically claiming rape, it muddles
the certainty that the female is to be automatically believed and the bias that a female would not lie about something
so harmful.

Regardless which way the outcome, that outcome will be crappy.

Tough luck sometimes if there is no other evidence there. You need something imo whether its a civil type hearing or not. Cases have been shown to be made up accusations before. Too easy to get at someone for whatever reason if that isnt the case.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
In a hearing of this type, are the parties:
the accuser vs the accused
or
the Univ. acting as prosecutor vs the accused
?

Usually in quasi-judicial proceedings, if the complaining party doesn't show up to press the case, that concludes the affair, AND no further appeal is allowed. If you are not happy with the fairness of the process, you (generally) have to be present at the scheduled hearing, and get your evidence that it's not fair into the record, so that a higher panel could consider that in an appeal. (Disclaimer: not an attorney.)

But in this specific case, if the univ. is pressing the case, then the absence of the accuser's legal team doesn't necessarily mean it's over.

Has anyone seen anything saying whether the hearing scheduled for Friday did or did not actually take place ?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
All of this has gotten very boring. Let's just play some football and let it all play out. Support the university, screw the media.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Callaway (with his legal team) is making the stand that her allegations are false, that she's lying. Such stance is the opposite of any dealing.

You know this how? You know a deal was not struck and to be implemented in the hearing how?

All I know and I maybe that should be "know" since it is based on press reports is that:

1. A hearing was scheduled and presumably happened on Friday.

2. There was a report that Harris transferred as part of a deal in this case.

3. UF picked a hearing officer who only makes sense if a deal was struck and they wanted to be sure that the hearing officer would go along with the deal.

4. The complaining student backed out of the hearing for unknown reasons, but claimed to not like the hearing officer UF chose.

Lots of people make the stand that allegations against them are false until the moment a deal is announced. Sometimes really often a deal involves not admitting guilt. So there is nothing inconsistent about Callaway maintaining the allegations against him are false and working out a deal to get this over so he can get on with his life.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course Insti, all we've got is what is stated as fact in articles ... often in quotation marks.
Seems any deal would require acquiescence from both parties ? Why would she walk out on a deal she accepted?

Again, I'm suspicious that Clune is advising her for the best alignment for a "civil rights" suit against biggest
money-pockets UF. ?? All such founded on a non-criminal (?) charge (?) against Calloway and, for a "rights" suit
to have sticking power, UF must have violated "her" Title IX rules ?

Since Clune indicated that Calloway has info on her prior sexual behavior reputation, so I'm
fully ticked at Calloway for choosing to go-off with her like he did ? Also, for his buddying around
with Treon, who also had a dubious sex-proclivities reputation. When will come that news on
Friday's meeting ? Did her (& her witnesses) attendance rebuke cause a cancellation ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator