This looks really bad (Callaway news)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Does anybody have the story. Did Calloway know the girl? Or did he grab a random chick and hall her in the bushes?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
1). I think we know that poor judgment was used in choice of arbitrator.
2) I don't think we know much else until and unless more is revealed.

Would an arbitrator who had majored in women's studies and never attended a football game in her life have been a wiser choice? Based upon the reaction of most people on this board I think they would have thrown the book at these guys if the evidence pointed toward guilt. Truism: Lawyers lie most of the time. Lawyers who are also politicians: all the time.

If you read the rest of my post you know that I carefully refrained from blaming either Callaway or his accuser. Work on your reading skills and find a post to quote that conforms to your bias.

I read your entire post Ancient and I agree you didn't place the blame. I never thought you did. In fact you implied we don't have much information. I don't think the problem is my reading skill set. Perhaps you have a comprehension problem. What you did not comprehend in my post was my sarcastically asking whether an obviously biased individual would have been a proper choice of arbitrator. I followed this with a statement that based on previous posts most members of this board (whom I would expect to be biased in favor of allowing Callaway to play) would still have demanded maximum punishment if he were indeed guilty of rape of other sexual crime. This was meant to imply that a former athlete and football booster would not necessarily be biased. I, at least for one, do not know that poor judgement was used in choice of arbitrator.

My truism regarding lawyers was based on a lifetime of experience. When dealing with any other segment of society transactions and negotiations are generally aimed at a win-win situation with both parties benefiting. When dealing with the legal profession one side tries to screw the other. The truism was directed at the accuser's lawyer because it appears that going to the press and boycotting the hearing is simply a tactic he is employing because he has a weak case. Perhaps I am wrong and he has a very strong case. If that were true he could have gone public with his strong case after he lost arbitration. His going public gives him the only forum since the school and Callaway's lawyer are not allowed to comment on the facts of the case. That may indicate I have a bias, but after the Duke lacrosse team fiasco I think it is reasonable to produce proof before the punishment.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Worse. A hoe, Diddy.

hoe-1272.jpg
p_diddy_changes_name_back_to_puff_daddy_releases_new_album.jpg

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Women's studies? Talk about hyperbole. UF could have found a better candidate to hear the case. They dropped the ball. It sure looks like they pulled an FSU to me. Shameful.

So let me get this straight...we hire a person close to the program which makes us wrong..check. Does that mean that if the evidence clearly showed guilt on our players that we would lie and cover it up somehow? Highly doubtful. If this university has done a 1000 page investigation that is shared with the girls counsel and there is evidence our guys did wrong, we would can the player in a heartbeat. This isnt FSU that purposely covers up players discretion's so they can help us win. Thats evident by the first reaction to not allow them on campus until further investigation.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It sure looks like they pulled an FSU to me. Shameful.

Seriously?? That's absurd. Unless I missed the part where we sent one of our Senior Associate AD's, who is a convicted cocaine dealer/felon ala Monk Bonasorte at FSU, to help fix the case. Oh wait, I don't believe we have a former drug dealer/prison inmate on staff holding a high level AD position. That and the fact that the UF players in question were suspended from campus while the investigation was ongoing.

This is NOTHING like FSU. Give it a rest.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I read your entire post Ancient and I agree you didn't place the blame. I never thought you did. In fact you implied we don't have much information. I don't think the problem is my reading skill set. Perhaps you have a comprehension problem. What you did not comprehend in my post was my sarcastically asking whether an obviously biased individual would have been a proper choice of arbitrator. I followed this with a statement that based on previous posts most members of this board (whom I would expect to be biased in favor of allowing Callaway to play) would still have demanded maximum punishment if he were indeed guilty of rape of other sexual crime. This was meant to imply that a former athlete and football booster would not necessarily be biased. I, at least for one, do not know that poor judgement was used in choice of arbitrator.

My truism regarding lawyers was based on a lifetime of experience. When dealing with any other segment of society transactions and negotiations are generally aimed at a win-win situation with both parties benefiting. When dealing with the legal profession one side tries to screw the other. The truism was directed at the accuser's lawyer because it appears that going to the press and boycotting the hearing is simply a tactic he is employing because he has a weak case. Perhaps I am wrong and he has a very strong case. If that were true he could have gone public with his strong case after he lost arbitration. His going public gives him the only forum since the school and Callaway's lawyer are not allowed to comment on the facts of the case. That may indicate I have a bias, but after the Duke lacrosse team fiasco I think it is reasonable to produce proof before the punishment.
Perhaps I am too touchy but you did quote my post and then say: "....some of you guys would throw the book at him". Sure seemed like you were talking to me.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So let me get this straight...we hire a person close to the program which makes us wrong..check. Does that mean that if the evidence clearly showed guilt on our players that we would lie and cover it up somehow? Highly doubtful. If this university has done a 1000 page investigation that is shared with the girls counsel and there is evidence our guys did wrong, we would can the player in a heartbeat. This isnt FSU that purposely covers up players discretion's so they can help us win. Thats evident by the first reaction to not allow them on campus until further investigation.

It looks bad. Period. A known booster and former UF athlete and Trustee is hearing a case against a current player?

That's horrific and stupid. Yeah, it smells. Rationalize it all you want. If any of our rivals did this we would be calling them all kinds of names.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It looks bad. Period. A known booster and former UF athlete and Trustee is hearing a case against a current player?

That's horrific and stupid. Yeah, it smells. Rationalize it all you want. If any of our rivals did this we would be calling them all kinds of names.

Nope. Your wrong. You are famous for finding the absolute worst part of every situation and your negativity once again prevails over sound reasoning. So, please enlighten us and explain how Rex would run this university. This should be good. Besides hiring an outside source to prove to the world your not being bias, what would you do differently.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry I've repeated but didn't like my post seen only on expand version.

I think it was Clune who besmirched Callaway with revealing that he tried to introduce this girl's
prior sexual behavior. Was Callaway referencing her as involved in the sex behavior that got
Treon previously accused of rape -- then the accusation she withdrew ?? In a case where this
female did not want LE involved but only her bought-bias Lawyers "crafting" her story of
"non-rape"? I think the committee folk can see how to weigh that particular prior behavior.??

1) This girl may very well like sexual touching and that would be why she would go to isolation
with these guys capable of "trespassion".?? Facts of such prior behavior would make everybody smarter at a "she said_he said" hearing.

2) Trusting my University in "Rule of Law" type fairness, I'm thinking that they exiled Calloway from campus based on this young lady's claims being "very likely". (I'm also thinking that Callaway's accompanying Treon would open the door for the reviewers' suspecting him of wrongdoing ?
But that "guilt by association" is exactly what should allow associating her prior sexual proclivities
with this case, esp if it involved both or one of these potential perpetrators.)

3) The Holy Grail here has to be a civil suit on violation of her "civil rights", contradictory though that
the concept of civil rights flows from the Founding Fathers' establishment of the "Rule of Law" which this claimant has avoided altogether. ?? Curious that that "Rule of Law" attaches to inalienable rights
to protection of pursuit of happiness. Has Callaway's civil rights been violated by this outside the
"Rule of Law" conviction ? (I'm speaking of the "board" having the conviction that C has sexually
violated this lady.)....... What a change in considerations it would bring to the "temporary pre-punishment" of the male, so often given in these cases, if the institutions everywhere had to
worry about a civil rights suit pressed by the male in such cases ? Are the civil rights of the male
equal to the civil rights of the female ? Bothersome question.

That Duke Lacrosse case was mentioned. As far as I know, that female accuser never faced
punishment for her false accusations. Sure, she was later sent to prison, convicted of murdering
her boyfriend.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Your wrong. You are famous for finding the absolute worst part of every situation and your negativity once again prevails over sound reasoning. So, please enlighten us and explain how Rex would run this university. This should be good. Besides hiring an outside source to prove to the world your not being bias, what would you do differently.

You don't think that hiring an arbiter that is:

An Alumnus with two degrees from UF
A Former Trustee of Levin School of Law
A former athlete at UF
A known athletic booster

The above person is hearing a case against a star football athlete. You don't think that another person could have been found and hired? What is your sound reasoning? It is shameful and pathetic. I want fairness and impartiality(or at least the appearance of it). If AC is innocent then it shouldn't matter but please try to make it look impartial. It's a PR step in doo-doo. I have multiple likes on several posts on here so I don't think I am being negative or unreasonable. Yeah...six likes on one of my posts about this. You going personal and trying to insult me just shows me that you can't handle reality very well. Anytime it's shown to you, you throw a hissy fit like the one above.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think that hiring an arbiter that is:

An Alumnus with two degrees from UF
A Former Trustee of Levin School of Law
A former athlete at UF
A known athletic booster

The above person is hearing a case against a star football athlete. You don't think that another person could have been found and hired? What is your sound reasoning? It is shameful and pathetic. I want fairness and impartiality(or at least the appearance of it). If AC is innocent then it shouldn't matter but please try to make it look impartial. It's a PR step in doo-doo. I have multiple likes on several posts on here so I don't think I am being negative or unreasonable. Yeah...six likes on one of my posts about this. You going personal and trying to insult me just shows me that you can't handle reality very well. Anytime it's shown to you, you throw a hissy fit like the one above.

the fact that the person is an alumnus to me means that they will focus on the overall reputation of UF and not just the success of the football team. As an alumni I want my degree to mean something and it means more if the school is viewed in a positive light

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, this thread must be our fall two-a-days. :deadnanner:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The posturing by Klune leads me to believe it's BS. I wish Johnson would've just said F you, here's the 1,000+ pages of the investigation and let the media report on that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
the fact that the person is an alumnus to me means that they will focus on the overall reputation of UF and not just the success of the football team. As an alumni I want my degree to mean something and it means more if the school is viewed in a positive light

Great. I can even go for part of that. The problem is the former athlete and booster part. You don't think that's somewhat a conflict of interest?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great. I can even go for part of that. The problem is the former athlete and booster part. You don't think that's somewhat a conflict of interest?

No... I think it depends on the person. A booster is somebody who has paid and bought tix from the University. So it is somebody who supports the teams... and is a former athlete. As a former athlete they would probably want the University represented in the best possible light (just like an alumnus).

This isn't somebody who gets any benefit by letting Calloway off the hook. In reality... as good as Calloway is... he isn't so important that I think they would try to protect him from this. We have other guys coming in who can play WR. It wouldn't be worth it to try to let him slide.

Remember... before we all knew how horrible Treon was they suspended him for a game because of possible sexual assault and he was going to be the starting QB!

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Perhaps I am too touchy but you did quote my post and then say: "....some of you guys would throw the book at him". Sure seemed like you were talking to me.

No Ancient, I did not mean you at all. What I meant to communicate (right brain may not be fully functional) was that just because an arbitrator was a football fan he was not automatically biased, and in fact, any member of the UF community who is not a football fan might be biased in the other direction. Since all posters on the board are football fans, and since most of them indicated they would abandon support for Callaway if he were guilty, I thought that was proving my point.

I think we really need the season to start.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No... I think it depends on the person. A booster is somebody who has paid and bought tix from the University. So it is somebody who supports the teams... and is a former athlete. As a former athlete they would probably want the University represented in the best possible light (just like an alumnus).

This isn't somebody who gets any benefit by letting Calloway off the hook. In reality... as good as Calloway is... he isn't so important that I think they would try to protect him from this. We have other guys coming in who can play WR. It wouldn't be worth it to try to let him slide.

Remember... before we all knew how horrible Treon was they suspended him for a game because of possible sexual assault and he was going to be the starting QB!

I appreciate the well though out and constructive response. We just agree to disagree. From the accuser's perspective it looks awful and I would feel that the university did not offer up someone who I know is 100% unbiased with zero connections to the athletic dept. You even said it depends on the person. Why not get someone where you don't have to guess about it? I am sure there are 100's of candidates not former athletes and current boosters.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I still don't know what he did or did not do. I need that before I know if he'd get the boot even if guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.