This may explain why Mac has trouble landing elite QBs

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
OMG.....make it stop!!!

Cam "transfered". No the NCAA didn't catch him with cocaine, but did catch him with a banned substance. And with all the notifications he was given, and times he was asked to give a sample... it wasn't an honest mistake. Most Gator athletes won't take OTC cough medicine without having it tested due to the size of the NCAA list of bann substances. So please stop with this he didn't know line of thought, it's complete BS.

Prepare for every post you make to get a dislike.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No the NCAA didn't catch him with cocaine, but did catch him with a banned substance...
We dont know he got caught with. The University and NCAA didnt say. All we know is what Big Mouth Chad Grier said.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We dont know he got caught with. The University and NCAA didnt say. All we know is what Big Mouth Chad Grier said.

Chad like Will is selling a story that he want to sell. The story that they are trying not to follow Will and his career.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All that aside, it is the HC's job to make sure the best players are on the field. He either hires very good assistants that he trust or he oversees their development by the assistants and decides for himself....Different coaches do it differently, Saban vs Meyer.....Speaking of Meyer do you think he lets/or makes Grier leave....or does he find a way to keep him, or Saban for that matter?
Not really a fair question. Saban and Meyer usually have 3 more just like grier in the roster already.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think there is a chance that Meyer would either sign or retain a guy like Grier. He would be terrible running the option.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think there is a chance that Meyer would either sign or retain a guy like Grier. He would be terrible running the option.
That Haskins kid they signed doesn't look like he'll be much of an option qb.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That Haskins kid they signed doesn't look like he'll be much of an option qb.
Which is why he will never play.

Creyer has been around nearly two decades and QB right then QB left is all he knows. He isn't changing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There are going to be a lot more Grier threads this year as he's lighting it up. Prepare yourself.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not really a fair question. Saban and Meyer usually have 3 more just like grier in the roster already.

T, they have 3 or four who were better. Grier was a 4 star, Saban collects 5 stars.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are going to be a lot more Grier threads this year as he's lighting it up. Prepare yourself.

I hope he does, the offense at West Virginia is better suited for his gun slinging style at quarterback. He will put up stats, the way all their quarterbacks do.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think your conspiracy theory is BS, from what I've heard (already posted before). You're defense of Wil Grier is as if he is your own boy. But to say Appleby was less talented than LDR was a joke on the staffs part. LDR knew the offense better, but when push comes to shove Appleby had the physical gifts to run the offense better even with Nuttmeyer calling plays.

But Appleby made more mistakes for an offense that could not overcome mistakes. Coaches hate turnovers more than anything on offense.

Neither of them are in Grier's league. Grier should have seen he didn't need a guarantee. What the heck did he have to fear? Treon?

Kids make mistakes. I'm sorry for his & with him the best.

Curious - how do all of you think of him as compared to Cam? Cam's mistakes were worse in my view and he wasn't able to really excel on the field at UF imho due to his head not being on straight. Grier has some real ego issues too & didn't have the JuCo humbling experience.

Interesting to consider...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Yeah, thats not really the discussion. I think most of us thought Grier was gonna be good. He had potential. Off the field was another story.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But Appleby made more mistakes for an offense that could not overcome mistakes. Coaches hate turnovers more than anything on offense.

Appleby made mistakes, but he could take the offense places LDR just couldn't. LDR is a good kid, and would be a good back (Noah Brindise). Give both quarterbacks same amount of time with the 1st Appleby is a better option (knowing he will make mistakes).

Neither of them are in Grier's league. Grier should have seen he didn't need a guarantee. What the heck did he have to fear? Treon?

None of the kids we have seen get on the field since 2009 have had Grier athletic potential. Like you said early coaches don't like mistakes, and Grier's gunslinging mentality could have cost us in later games in 2015. But it something that could be coached around. I don't believe any guarantee was going to be given.

Kids make mistakes. I'm sorry for his & with him the best.

With the education these kids are given once they in the recruiting process at Florida, it's not the mistake you make. The sales pitch is you get it tested, and you get caught then it's on the University not on you. If is positive on the University Test they will direct (usually pay for) an alternatives which is not illegal. He choose not to have it tested. He was asked multiple times by a person I know (over two decades) to have it tested and/or the label dropped off. They have given a contract by the NCAA each year they will comply, and give seminars by the med staff how, what, where to comply regularly. If he was a true freshman or an incoming student that's a mistake. Second year player it's another issue. It's something the med staff actively tries to help student athletes with, and as i posted early most athletes have even their OTC cough meds tested before they know that brand/type is safe.

Curious - how do all of you think of him as compared to Cam? Cam's mistakes were worse in my view and he wasn't able to really excel on the field at UF imho due to his head not being on straight. Grier has some real ego issues too & didn't have the JuCo humbling experience.

From a team aspect, not as bad didn't bring in the NCAA. Once the NCAA is involved gambling, payments, drugs they hang around. Cam's issues were student conduct related. I think what Cam did was worse over all, but not as damaging to the athletic program. Cam was more athletically gifted then Grier, but saying that Grier was our most athletically gifted quaterback since Tebow/Newton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.