This may explain why Mac has trouble landing elite QBs

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He took an over the counter supplement...but carry on...

which was illegal to the league he was playing in. So do you believe the NFL players who get popped for taking a substance banned by the league because it was over the counter doesn't count? If this was FSU player, you would be bashing the $hit out of him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Then why was he suspended?
Because the policy was changed on the "banned substance" AFTER he started taking it....He didn't know any better and our staff abandoned him after he got caught because it would have made them look like idiots....like they need any help.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Because the policy was changed on the "banned substance" AFTER he started taking it....He didn't know any better and our staff abandoned him after he got caught because it would have made them look like idiots....like they need any help.

So again it's the staff's fault, right Chad?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

He didnt know? So he was never told to clear everything thru the staff? Ok....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He didnt know? So he was never told to clear everything thru the staff? Ok....
They knew which was why they shuttled him out of town promptly....Remember when he disappeared despite "still being with the team and enrolled in school"....Watch the send off Butters gives him at the end..

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You are wrong but will never admit it. I was the first one here to have a Grier avatar and I had high hopes for him. When he screwed up I deleted his avatar. There is NOBODY to blame but him and all of your fabrications will never make it any different. Will Grier screwed Will Grier. Period. Just because you cant get over it doesnt change a thing.

QUOTE: I took an over the counter supplement that had something in it and I didnt check with the medical staff. End Quote. End of story.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are wrong but will never admit it. I was the first one here to have a Grier avatar and I had high hopes for him. When he screwed up I deleted his avatar. There is NOBODY to blame but him and all of your fabrications will never make it any different. Will Grier screwed Will Grier. Period. Just because you cant get over it doesnt change a thing.

Butters didn't do everything he could do either... both parties are to blame. To say either one of them is innocent, is a fabrication. Much like Chad's belief that Grier was an innocent victim, Butter's isn't innocent in this at all as well.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Butters didn't do everything he could do either... both parties are to blame. To say either one of them is innocent, is a fabrication. Much like Chad's belief that Grier was an innocent victim, Butter's isn't innocent in this at all as well.

Actually, I dont buy this. Its pure speculation. The only absolute is that Grier screwed up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I dont buy this. Its pure speculation. The only absolute is that Grier screwed up.

Not speculation, Butters could have done more. Just like Grier's story is to sell his brand, so is McElwain's story. Grier screwed up by not getting his substance tested, though he was asked repeatedly for a sample and/or the label by the med staff not by the coaching staff. The coaching staff choose not to persue, why I don't know (have been told multiple versions why). McElwain is a dick, and handled this situation and Grier's father the same way. It could be handled differently by the coaching staff, Wil Grier might have still left. Doesn't change the fact the coaching staff in particular McElwain could have handled it better.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not speculation, Butters could have done more. Just like Grier's story is to sell his brand, so is McElwain's story. Grier screwed up by not getting his substance tested, though he was asked repeatedly for a sample and/or the label by the med staff not by the coaching staff. The coaching staff choose not to persue, why I don't know (have been told multiple versions why). McElwain is a dick, and handled this situation and Grier's father the same way. It could be handled differently by the coaching staff, Wil Grier might have still left. Doesn't change the fact the coaching staff in particular McElwain could have handled it better.

But do you have actual inside info on how Mac and staff handled it? I dont think so. That makes everything speculation.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, my statement is based on the only fact we really know. Grier screwed up.

Then you speculate the rest of your argument. No one is disputing that Grier messed up... it is what happened post that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Then you speculate the rest of your argument. No one is disputing that Grier messed up... it is what happened post that.

Thats what I said, we only have one fact and that is that Grier screwed up. Nothing else would have taken place if he hadnt.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a fact for ya. Will Grier ain't a Gator no more. Probably shouldn't waste our time or brainpower thinking about him anymore.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Here's a fact for ya. Will Grier ain't a Gator no more. Probably shouldn't waste our time or brainpower thinking about him anymore.

I have made that suggestion in the past. Problem is about every other thread we hear how the staff ran him out of town and thats why we still suck.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T-gator, do you believe Grier's whole story. Both Butters and Grier are selling a story that best fits their narrative and the truth is somewhere in between. Grier says that Butters told him to transfer, but not what was said or talked about before that (kinda leaves that vague). Butter is a dick, no questioning that and Grier is a giant douche. Neither has been completely honest over the situation.
Yes, I totally get that. I'm sure grier wasnt the innocent victim he tried to portray himself as. Imo , we should have tried to keep grier regardless of how big of a douche bag the kid was considering our qb situation.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I totally get that. I'm sure grier wasnt the innocent victim he tried to portray himself as. Imo , we should have tried to keep grier regardless of how big of a douche bag the kid was considering our qb situation.

I get the feeling it was less Grier, and more instructions he was getting from Daddy "Crete". I don't blame the kid for leaving, at 19 being a little douchy, and the media that was coming down like a firestorm once Harris was our starter. Staying at UF, the questions would always haunt him unless he went out and won an NC right away (and we didn't have that kind of team last year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.