This may explain why Mac has trouble landing elite QBs

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I dont buy this. Its pure speculation. The only absolute is that Grier screwed up.
And that Mac specifically said in the interview that there are no guarantees.

He may have not meant to say it but it was clear who was seeking a guarantee.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Man all the Grier hate is a bummer. He screwed up. Still sucks he left the team. I still think he was the one to save macs job if he'd stayed

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man all the Grier hate is a bummer. He screwed up. Still sucks he left the team. I still think he was the one to save macs job if he'd stayed

I don't hate Grier, I hope he does well at West Viriginia (except if he plays us).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Butters ran him off in favor of Ol Noodlearm.....Noodlearm's daddy will give Butters a soft spot to land....see how that works?

I do think Mac was crazy enough to think LDR could be a good SEC starter but I hope what you say isn't true or we might see LDR under center again. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I do think Mac was crazy enough to think LDR could be a good SEC starter but I hope what you say isn't true or we might see LDR under center again. :lol:
Don't bet against it. I mean we are talking about the same "QB Whisperer" who had Grier and Treon as even going into 2015 and 3 or 4 games into the season....And to be honest I think Appleby was better than LDR last year. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches the QB's practice..

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't bet against it. I mean we are talking about the same "QB Whisperer" who had Grier and Treon as even going into 2015 and 3 or 4 games into the season....And to be honest I think Appleby was better than LDR last year. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches the QB's practice..

I think your conspiracy theory is BS, from what I've heard (already posted before). You're defense of Wil Grier is as if he is your own boy. But to say Appleby was less talented than LDR was a joke on the staffs part. LDR knew the offense better, but when push comes to shove Appleby had the physical gifts to run the offense better even with Nuttmeyer calling plays.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think your conspiracy theory is BS, from what I've heard (already posted before). You're defense of Wil Grier is as if he is your own boy. But to say Appleby was less talented than LDR was a joke on the staffs part. LDR knew the offense better, but when push comes to shove Appleby had the physical gifts to run the offense better even with Nuttmeyer calling plays.
All that aside, it is the HC's job to make sure the best players are on the field. He either hires very good assistants that he trust or he oversees their development by the assistants and decides for himself....Different coaches do it differently, Saban vs Meyer.....Speaking of Meyer do you think he lets/or makes Grier leave....or does he find a way to keep him, or Saban for that matter?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All that aside, it is the HC's job to make sure the best players are on the field. He either hires very good assistants that he trust or he oversees their development by the assistants and decides for himself....Different coaches do it differently, Saban vs Meyer.....Speaking of Meyer do you think he lets/or makes Grier leave....or does he find a way to keep him, or Saban for that matter?

You are comparing apples to oranges, Meyer and Saban are CEO's who would have had backup plans in place. Saban and Meyer have let better quarterbacks go, when they were recruiting what they though was a better option and had a one year option in place. Look at what Saban did at LSU with questionable quarterbacking. Also what he did the last couple of years with one year options, better talent behind them. Saban wouldn't put up with Grier's chance taking. So really an apples to oranges comparison. Meyer let his best quarterback outside of Tebow go, and let him go on less than an NCAA violation. But both would have made it work with Appleby. Also our offensive line would be different under both of them, because they recruit 5 to 6 O linemen a year on average.

Also think that both would have seen if Franks or Trask had it earlier in the season, over LDR as well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Between Grier/Treon rotating and LDR starting over AA....not to mention back-to-back triple digit offenses how the hell can anyone trust this staff? It's just blind faith at this point. At least be honest about it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
and let him go on less than an NCAA violation.
Cam was kicked out of school wasn't he? Also Meyer was caught with his pants down in 2010 at QB.....remember the 3 headed monster that was Trey, Reed and Cantley? Also it wasn't like Grier got caught with cocaine or HGH or something really bad....most people I know and have talked to believe that it was an honest mistake and would have welcomed him back with no problems.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cam was kicked out of school wasn't he? Also Meyer was caught with his pants down in 2010 at QB.....remember the 3 headed monster that was Trey, Reed and Cantley? Also it wasn't like Grier got caught with cocaine or HGH or something really bad....most people I know and have talked to believe that it was an honest mistake and would have welcomed him back with no problems.

Cam "transfered". No the NCAA didn't catch him with cocaine, but did catch him with a banned substance. And with all the notifications he was given, and times he was asked to give a sample... it wasn't an honest mistake. Most Gator athletes won't take OTC cough medicine without having it tested due to the size of the NCAA list of bann substances. So please stop with this he didn't know line of thought, it's complete BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.