Ticket Sales Down Considerably

How many rushing yards with UF have in Week 1?

• 299 or less

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • 300 or more

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Now LSU is just a pseudo-rival (whatever that means). What a pathetic thread. Tax deductions and complaining about the schedule. I'm sure the Bama and Clemson fans are having the same discussion.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The New Mexico State Stadium is pretty empty from what I can see. Probably a casualty of the new tax law.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sad that 4,000 student tickets didn't sell. Pathetic really. It's been my observations over the years that college kids are pretty freakin' boring these days. I mean really dull. It's not like they are doing anything special on Saturdays other than sitting around their apartments or houses. They aren't even watching the games on TV. They just don't seem to care about football. Which is their prerogative of course, but it's got to be a disturbing trend for the game itself.

I’ve said it multiple times - college football is in a terminal death spiral. Winning would help, but I truly think that with the continuing safety concerns watering down the rules, the increase in interest for other sports and e-sports at younger ages, and the increased academic level at UF are all symptoms of an incurable disease. Enjoy what we have (or have had), it might all be going the way of the dinosaur.

:weep:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They need to make every seat a chair back I stopped going because I got tired of the people on each side of me wanted their seat and half of mine
Seating capacity would be drastically reduced if they did that, which means ticket prices would soar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seating capacity would be drastically reduced if they did that, which means ticket prices would soar.
Business isnt your strong suit.

They way to sell a shytty product is to lower the price and/or raise the quality.

Right now we cant give away $15 tickets.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Business isnt your strong suit.

They way to sell a shytty product is to lower the price and/or raise the quality.

Right now we cant give away $15 tickets.
Reading isn't your strong suit. I wasn't saying they should raise ticket prices, I'm saying if the seating capacity were reduced (as it most definitely would be if the entire stadium had seatbacks), they'd have to raise ticket prices to make up for the smaller capacity.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve said it multiple times - college football is in a terminal death spiral. .
No it isnt.

I agree that the beta shemales and toxic femininity are a threat on the margins but that is still a small percentage of the population.

Football existed long before we put armored helmets on kids and allowed them to fly like a spear into someone else. If you watch fifties or sixties leather helmet football, they hit hard, played physical but didnt purposefully hit heads to anything constantly.

It will be ok.

Hell I would take the helmet away completely. That would fix it.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reading isn't your strong suit. I wasn't saying they should raise ticket prices, I'm saying if the seating capacity were reduced (as it most definitely would be if the entire stadium had seatbacks), they'd have to raise ticket prices to make up for the smaller capacity.
What they should do is lower the prices, make most of the seats much better and lower everything including concessions.

They should take a lesson from Falcons. They ALL should.

Falcons drop food prices, make more money

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What they should do is lower the prices, make most of the seats much better and lower everything including concessions.

They should take a lesson from Falcons. They ALL should.

Falcons drop food prices, make more money
What does "make the seats better" even mean? Give up 10-15K seats to put in backs, arm rests, and cupholders? As I said before, the only places you see empty seats are the Sunshine Seats and the top of the student section (with some occasional empty seats in the visiting corner). The alumni side is always packed, the lower bowl is always packed, the south end zone is typically packed with some empty seats dotted here and there. Our average attendance last year was about 86K, so we're really not that far from capacity. Anyone who actually sits in the stadium on Saturdays could tell you that. Attendance is going to suck for games like Charleston Southern and Idaho, but it's still fine for SEC games and the FSU game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve said it multiple times - college football is in a terminal death spiral. Winning would help, but I truly think that with the continuing safety concerns watering down the rules, the increase in interest for other sports and e-sports at younger ages, and the increased academic level at UF are all symptoms of an incurable disease. Enjoy what we have (or have had), it might all be going the way of the dinosaur.

:weep:
High school participation is down again...something like 46000 kids this year. That's huge.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Acknowledging the globalization change in student population, add one simple rule to fill the stands via inclusivity = whenever the ball is dropped (fumble or purposely) any player can start kicking it towards their goal, as well as opposing players kick-steal it. Once that starts, no player can touch the ball with his hands.:D Many "new" students will come.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
forgot about that. so ill hammer the point one more time. point me towards a top coach that has had a losing season. ill wait.

Dabo Swinney, 2010
Bobby Bowden, 1974 & 1976
Jimbo Fisher, 2017
Jim Harbaugh, 2007 & 2008
Mike Bellotti, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1996, 2004
Mack Brown, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 2010
Les Miles, 2001
Jimmy Johnson, 1980, 1982
Mike Gundy, 2005

Scott Frost, 2016
Matt Campbell, 2016
Dino Babers, 2016 & 2017

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'm even getting tired of my posts. I'm going to try not to say anything else negative about this hire until at least after the first game. See you guys in a week:D

We’re all prognosticating at this point. I’ll argue some of your points but you’re calling it as you see it. And I know you’d be thrilled if things turn out far better than you expect.

I doubt we will have much more insight on this team in a week. Even if things click well, the competition isn’t good enough to draw many conclusions.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Dabo Swinney, 2010
Bobby Bowden, 1974 & 1976
Jimbo Fisher, 2017
Jim Harbaugh, 2007 & 2008
Mike Bellotti, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1996, 2004
Mack Brown, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 2010
Les Miles, 2001
Jimmy Johnson, 1980, 1982
Mike Gundy, 2005