Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he keeps making FGs they won't do a damn thing :lol:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
If he missed a chip shot fg to win the game, I get the "outrage". Or even a 55 yarder, I still get it.

He was PERFECT in the playoffs. Get over it. If McPherson thinks staying on the field and enjoying the show keeps him loose and the pressure off, then that is what he needs to do. How many times have we noticed whether it is kickers or bball players about to shoot free throws that they shoo away other team mates and announcers comment on it.

And besides, what the hell was anyone going to go over with him during halftime?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he missed a chip shot fg to win the game, I get the "outrage". Or even a 55 yarder, I still get it.

He was PERFECT in the playoffs. Get over it. If McPherson thinks staying on the field and enjoying the show keeps him loose and the pressure off, then that is what he needs to do. How many times have we noticed whether it is kickers or bball players about to shoot free throws that they shoo away other team mates and announcers comment on it.

And besides, what the hell was anyone going to go over with him during halftime?
damn sure isn't practicing kicks in the locker room lol

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
In his rookie season, McPherson made a name for himself as one of the most prolific kickers in the league. He recorded 42 field goals in the regular season and the postseason, posting 16 during the playoffs for a new NFL record. That included two game-winning kicks to beat the Titans and Chiefs in the tense games leading up to the Super Bowl

Boy, what a SORE subject talking about this loser /s

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's a team game - you join your team in the locker room. It's the fault of the coaches on this one.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
“He needs to become a better practice kicker and kick better than he has,” he said. “Not that it’s poor, but I think for him to be elite and go over the top, he’s got to kick better in practice and learn new things.”

With his performance throughout the season, and especially through the playoffs, I don't think I would have questioned his kicking in practice if I were his coach... just sayin...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If the Benglas players are unhappy with their current kicker I believe the "Dentist" is available. :lmao2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
On the two most critical possessions of their season, they had two opposing players they knew they needed to stop. Kupp and Donald. Do it and they win. They failed and they lost. McPherson could’ve been drinking during the half, and it would’ve made no difference.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The point is, you can't have arrogant players who feel above the team who don't want to bother to meet with everyone else in the locker room - especially a freaking kicker. He's lucky his cocky ass wasn't taken out and beaten by his teammates after the game.

At the very least, I hope the team fines the bejesus out of him.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Ox is just stirring the pot, I think being a kicker is different in that you have to have a different demeanor that will take the pressure off. I mean really, would the team have given him the time of day during halftime anyway? NO.

Reading the article Simmons sounds just like a coach that will get in a players head and fuchs him up for no reason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not stirring the pot, either you're part of a team or you're not. I'm honestly surprised so many are defending this as no big deal (GatorJ even downvoted me) - is it because he kicked for the Gators? Dumb.

There's a reason why we have never heard of something like this ever happening before.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The point is, you can't have arrogant players who feel above the team who don't want to bother to meet with everyone else in the locker room - especially a freaking kicker. He's lucky his cocky ass wasn't taken out and beaten by his teammates after the game.

At the very least, I hope the team fines the bejesus out of him.

Rumors swirling that they’ve already released him. He’s finished.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm not stirring the pot, either you're part of a team or you're not. I'm honestly surprised so many are defending this as no big deal (GatorJ even downvoted me) - is it because he kicked for the Gators? Dumb.

There's a reason why we have never heard of something like this ever happening before.
I will gladly let my Dolphins take him and he can watch all the halftime shows he wants.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If McPherson was a FSU kicker you idiots would be singing a different tune on this.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If McPherson was a FSU kicker you idiots would be singing a different tune on this.

What part of the second half gameplan could he possibly need to be aware of? His job is pretty cut and dry. Also, I don’t appreciate being called an idiot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What part of the second half gameplan could he possibly need to be aware of? His job is pretty cut and dry. Also, I don’t appreciate being called an idiot.
Has nothing to do with the game plan. Has to do with being with your teammates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator