Time for McPherson to go all out Iverson

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The fact that he was "enticed" by the utter garbage they rolled out for the Super Bowl is another knock against him. I wouldn't have watched that if a revolver was held up to my testes.

That I can agree on. I was one of the people who turned the channel when it came on. Actually put the Puppy Bowl on, muted. :lol:

Does that mean we’re friends again?

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
The fact that he was "enticed" by the utter garbage they rolled out for the Super Bowl is another knock against him. I wouldn't have watched that if a revolver was held up to my testes.
That would be assuming you had any tested.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The kid is a kid that loves the stuff they had on display for the halftime show. It was a once in a lifetime show for him and he wanted to see it. Yeah, I agree the show was garbage but they just don't book Big & Rich, The Oakridge Boys, or Willie Nelson for the SB
If all this nonsense was true, why is this the first kicker to pull this stunt in the 100+ years of the NFL? You guys make it sound like this is a routine and common situation, like all kickers do it. It isn't for a reason. So as not to be an ASSHAT to your fellow teammates, you join them in the locker room.

Guaran-effing-teed he never does it again.
The kid is a kid that loves the stuff they had on display for the halftime show. It was a once in a lifetime show for him and he wanted to see it. Yeah, I agree the show was garbage but they just don't book Big & Rich, The Oakridge Boys, or Willie Nelson for the SB... It is what it is I suppose.

Also, if what he did was so horrible, why is he the only player being persecuted for it? The article referenced at least one other player who did the same thing but wasn't caught by cameras... And yeah, I doubt he will do it again either but not because his teammates will be on him about it. Most likely because of the coach that said it is a sore subject... That and the chances of them getting back to the SB is somewhere between slim and none...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The kid is a kid that loves the stuff they had on display for the halftime show. It was a once in a lifetime show for him and he wanted to see it. Yeah, I agree the show was garbage but they just don't book Big & Rich, The Oakridge Boys, or Willie Nelson for the SB... It is what it is I suppose.

Also, if what he did was so horrible, why is he the only player being persecuted for it? The article referenced at least one other player who did the same thing but wasn't caught by cameras... And yeah, I doubt he will do it again either but not because his teammates will be on him about it. Most likely because of the coach that said it is a sore subject... That and the chances of them getting back to the SB is somewhere between slim and none...
Try and avoid the urge to post. You're a guest here that should only speak when spoken to.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe McPhearson was afraid of getting his foot stepped on.??

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In most games I've been to, kickers and punters take the field during halftime several minutes before their team to warm up, so he wouldn't be spending all of halftime with his team anyway. He likely was with the team for a few minutes and then left early as usual. I doubt any if his coaches or teammates noticed his absence or even cared. They wouldn't have been in the Superbowl without his clutch, golden leg anyway.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
In most games I've been to, kickers and punters take the field during halftime several minutes before their team to warm up, so he wouldn't be spending all of halftime with his team anyway. He likely was with the team for a few minutes and then left early as usual. I doubt any if his coaches or teammates noticed his absence or even cared. They wouldn't have been in the Superbowl without his clutch, golden leg anyway.

With the amount of time it takes just to set up for the halftime show, he could have spent more than his normal time in the locker room and still been out for most of the show.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing was stirred up because the special teams coach went out of his way to tell the media that this incident was a "sore spot" for the team.

Hopefully the team gives him a "Code Red" for this - just don't hurt the leg.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
If I was the special team coach I’d leave him the fuch alone.
Mac’s in a groove right now the one thing you don’t want to do is get in his head.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing was stirred up because the special teams coach went out of his way to tell the media that this incident was a "sore spot" for the team.

Hopefully the team gives him a "Code Red" for this - just don't hurt the leg.

I didn't realize that. Agree with Durty that if they had won, this is a non-issue. I wonder if McPherson did or said something else that ticked everyone off. Maybe he blamed some his teammates for losing the superbowl? There could be a number of things, but to publicly express frustration means there is more going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator