Time for McPherson to go all out Iverson

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Has nothing to do with the game plan. Has to do with being with your teammates.

Kickers are mercenaries.Their entire existence is out of obligation because a better option wasn’t possible. You think he’s considers part of the team and invited to teammates’ houses? People at the complex probably think he’s an accountant half the time.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Those players treat him (and ever kicker) like 5 day old dog schit - you know it and I know it. They probably hang him from a locker with his jock strap. He owes them nothing.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
As a Ravens fan, it seems to me fans and his teammates love them some Justin Tucker.

Yeah yeah yeah, kickers aren't football players. But when you money and kicking game wining FGs, under intense pressure, I think you win over your team mates

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The dude is a selfish spoiled little brat that should be in the locker room with his teammates. Part of the "It's about me" generation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The dude is a selfish spoiled little brat that should be in the locker room with his teammates. Part of the "It's about me" generation.

Two or three shifts into his first week at Jimmy John’s ought to cure that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just think as the season wore on he passed over the line of "confident" to "cocky". By the Super Bowl he was acting like Deion Sanders.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

The real transgression is being interested in that halftime farce, finding anything worth contaminating one's brain cells on display by those performers.??
Team spirit creates & sustains winning momentum. How many kickers are capable of replacing McPhearson.??

I remember Gator Eddie Pinero during that "on-field" post-FG celebration telling teammates: "Don't be so happy guys. we should be scoring touchdowns."
FGs & extra points are part of teammates blocking for you, for you ... getting their knuckles stepped on, their ribs smacked and their throats punched.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty simple, you're on the team....you go where the team goes. He shouldn't be surprised of any criticism that comes his way. But like it's been said before, there's definitely a perception or "cockiness". He starts missing FG's, the pitchforks in Cincy will come out.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Kickers are technically "on" the team but not really a "part" of the team. No one really has much to do with them other than the holder and when they have to go out and kick a field goal no one is allowed to talk to him for fear of him losing his concentration. The guy was prenominal through the playoffs and I never heard anything about him except from sports writers. Never once heard any of his "teammates" bragging about how wonderful a person or how great a kicker he was. Maybe they did but I never heard or saw it. This wasn't about being spoiled or cocky either IMO. The guy had done everything he was supposed to without issue. All of a sudden he wants to hang back to watch what was billed as a spectacular halftime show lineup. Cut the guy some slack. As someone else said, he would not be a part of the 2nd half game planning, he would not have been addressed by the coaches or any players that might have spoken during halftime either. And he would not have been asked to address the team. There is absolutely no reason why he "had" to be in the locker room. I hope he enjoyed the show. He'll probably be back kicking for them again next season if the management/coaching staff has a lick of since...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
he would not be a part of the 2nd half game planning

Oh yes he would have:

"McPherson - when we fail to score a TD, and if we're within FG range, we're going to need you to get us three points. And if we happen to score a TD, we're going to need you to kick the PAT. Got it?"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kickers are technically "on" the team but not really a "part" of the team. No one really has much to do with them other than the holder and when they have to go out and kick a field goal no one is allowed to talk to him for fear of him losing his concentration. The guy was prenominal through the playoffs and I never heard anything about him except from sports writers. Never once heard any of his "teammates" bragging about how wonderful a person or how great a kicker he was. Maybe they did but I never heard or saw it. This wasn't about being spoiled or cocky either IMO. The guy had done everything he was supposed to without issue. All of a sudden he wants to hang back to watch what was billed as a spectacular halftime show lineup. Cut the guy some slack. As someone else said, he would not be a part of the 2nd half game planning, he would not have been addressed by the coaches or any players that might have spoken during halftime either. And he would not have been asked to address the team. There is absolutely no reason why he "had" to be in the locker room. I hope he enjoyed the show. He'll probably be back kicking for them again next season if the management/coaching staff has a lick of since...
If all this nonsense was true, why is this the first kicker to pull this stunt in the 100+ years of the NFL? You guys make it sound like this is a routine and common situation, like all kickers do it. It isn't for a reason. So as not to be an ASSHAT to your fellow teammates, you join them in the locker room.

Guaran-effing-teed he never does it again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If all this nonsense was true, why is this the first kicker to pull this stunt in the 100+ years of the NFL? You guys make it sound like this is a routine and common situation, like all kickers do it. It isn't for a reason. So as not to be an ASSHAT to your fellow teammates, you join them in the locker room.

Guaran-effing-teed he never does it again.

That’s a pretty safe bet, as it requires the Bengals to return to the Super Bowl. Doubt he’ll ever be in that position again, which may explain why he wanted to truly enjoy it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a pretty safe bet, as it requires the Bengals to return to the Super Bowl. Doubt he’ll ever be in that position again, which may explain why he wanted to truly enjoy it.
They'll definitely never return to the SB, I'm just talking about any game. There is halftime in every game, you know.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anyway, I’m quite certain Evan won’t be doing this again for some regular season game halftime show. Catching the 80s teams being honored with 60 year old Icky Woods dancing, or watching a couple of non-athletic kids try to kick a football to win $1000 isn’t quite as enticing to him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The selfish bastard probably gets bullied in the locker room on a regular basis. Being he's 22 and all woke, didn't want to deal with it at the SB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anyway, I’m quite certain Evan won’t be doing this again for some regular season game halftime show. Catching the 80s teams being honored with 60 year old Icky Woods dancing, or watching a couple of non-athletic kids try to kick a football to win $1000 isn’t quite as enticing to him.
The fact that he was "enticed" by the utter garbage they rolled out for the Super Bowl is another knock against him. I wouldn't have watched that if a revolver was held up to my testes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.