Founding Member
407353217_10116070216055050_2078132700511572785_n.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nah.... then you just make the FIRST Michigan/OSU game mean nothing. Or the first UF/UT game in the 90s mean nothing.

Just let every every Conference Champion with 0 or 1 loss in the playoff, and adjust bye weeks accordongly, using old BCS formula which really got it right. 3 teams qualify? 1 has a bye, 2 plays 3. 5 teams qualify? 1 bye, 2 plays 5 and 3 plays 4.

There arent 8 teams.who have earned a shot at an NC and there sure as fuchs arent 12 or 16.

The BCS would put Michigan vs Washington in NC and that is the right result. None of the second tier teams except FSU even have an argument for being #1 or #2. They are arguing about being number fuchsing 4.

We argue now about #4 and in a few years we will be arguing about which **** 3 loss team didnt deserve to fet left out of #12 or #16.

Fuchs the playoff and fuchs destroying the bowls.
What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
halfassu fans truly believing they are gonna smash Georgia :lmao2:

It's honestly so much better watching them get smoked when their fans really believe they arent sht.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Seeing a lot of anger on 247’s f$u boards at ESPN for the playoff decision and invitation to the Orange Bowl vs. UGA.

Shooting the messenger? Does ESPN choose the playoff teams? No. Do they set the bowl matchups? No.

Lots of posters urging they decline the invitation or accept it then back out at the last minute. Furious.

Laugh At Ha Ha GIF by filmeditor

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
They are definitely better with him but I still don't think they are top 4. They still struggled with him playing.

Exactly, Clemson gave the game to them, and until they did the dirty play on the Duke QB, they were losing that one as well. There were a few other games they barely won over average teams with Travis.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
The drubbing last year was the ONLY time one of those teams actually made it to the big game. Every other time, like with BSU beat Oklahoma, it was an exhibition game.

That's because that was the only time they got a chance....P5 teams get blown out on any given Saturday but somehow that seems to be more accepted than a mid major getting blown out.....but when you look at history...BSU beat OU, UCF beat Auburn and almost beat LSU, App State beat Michigan, TAMU, etc....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ugly vs Clowns in OB in December 30th. For the first time that I can recall, I will be rooting for the dwags. I’m sure there’ll be a bunch of “opt-outs”, but I hope it’s evenly distributed and the Nulls get curb stomped.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They don't call it the A-lmost C-ompetitive C-onference for nothing.

You know they're laughing there asses off in Climpson. Hell we're all laughing. We'll be laughing again when UGAly curb stomps their assez.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That's because that was the only time they got a chance....P5 teams get blown out on any given Saturday but somehow that seems to be more accepted than a mid major getting blown out.....but when you look at history...BSU beat OU, UCF beat Auburn and almost beat LSU, App State beat Michigan, TAMU, etc....
The argument against a Group of 5 team being in the playoffs is that they wouldn't do as well if they had run a P5 conference gauntlet from mid-October through November, rather than having all offseason to prepare for a College Kickoff game or 5 weeks to prepare for a bowl game.

edit -- UCF, BYU, Houston and Cincinnati got their first taste of being in a P5 league this year. All had a losing conference record. And only UCF at 6-6 is bowl eligible.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Their schedule was ranked 50th this year. How can they think they belong somewhere? Thats the Apple Cupcake Conference for you.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Ugly vs Clowns in OB in December 30th. For the first time that I can recall, I will be rooting for the dwags. I’m sure there’ll be a bunch of “opt-outs”, but I hope it’s evenly distributed and the Nulls get curb stomped.
This pains me to but I will root for whoever plays against the Noles.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
It pains you? Why?
I feel like I can't lose with this match-up. I hate them both, one will lose and the other will rant and rave over "whataboutism" ain't no one listening. A perfect match-up for an old Gator who feels like we may never see the sunshine pumping thru again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator