Toney is a bad man

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I know, I know, they aren't tackling in this sequence, but I don't think it would have mattered. This dudes cuts are insane! Excited to see him with the ball in his hands this year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Also worth noting, that looked like an RPO. Daddy likes!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yet another example of why he needs to switch to wr. He's a waste at QB where, at most, he gets 3-4 snaps a game.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think he can play both wr/slot and get some wildcat type QB packages in a game. Hes got crazy athleticism and lateral movement. I think he'll be electric at his time at UF.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not setting my hopes on him, but I'd love to see him do that to the opposing defenses!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think he can play both wr/slot and get some wildcat type QB packages in a game. Hes got crazy athleticism and lateral movement. I think he'll be electric at his time at UF.

I agree, but he isn't learning wr right now. He is strictly a QB from what I understand.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind trying him at QB and building some packages. I think the kid will learn over time that he is best with the ball in his hands making plays. He could be a Percy Harvin type that takes handoffs and plays WR.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WetCloseIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I don't mind trying him at QB and building some packages. I think the kid will learn over time that he is best with the ball in his hands making plays. He could be a Percy Harvin type that takes handoffs and plays WR.

Percy-like. My thoughts, too.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Erroneous, he was a 2* recruit and Mac should be fired. You pumpers are ridiculous and stupid and you are beneath me. -- TrashDonkey

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sorry, but I just don't have the faith in this offensive coaching staff to take full advantage of this kids athleticism. Probably comes in a couple times a game to run predictable wildcat run up the middle plays.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He is as close to Percy Harvin as we will get. Give him the football and the opposing defensive coaches get nervous. I believe he will be our biggest surprise this year. They will find ways to give him the ball. He's our new weapon. You can bet SOS would love to coach him. He will make our coaching look better.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm ready for him to be the full time starter. We need to run a wishbone offense or get Paul Johnson's playbook and roll with it. We need to give up on this staff's chuck-n-duck passing offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry, but I just don't have the faith in this offensive coaching staff to take full advantage of this kids athleticism. Probably comes in a couple times a game to run predictable wildcat run up the middle plays.

I agree. I just don't see him doing much more than a few very, very, very predictable Wildcat runs. Does he break any of them? Who knows? But the last 100 times I've seen a team run a Wildcat package it's generally ended in a -1 yard to a maximum 2 yard pick up. A useless play. The Wildcat is useless unless you throw out of it once every 4 to 5 times you run it....and we know they're not doing that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
These coaches had better step out of their 4 play offense and do something creative or they can try it at another stop. We have enough weapons to score points and it shouldnt be so hard like we have been seeing. Meyer would use every one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator