Tonight's impact on the rest of the season?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n39048 said:
Gatorzone.com is reporting that the decision will be made in two to three days, which means no game today (of course, because we would have heard about it by now), or tomorrow on Labor Day. I'm sure the Vandals have already flown home to Idaho by now (1:28pm EDT). The real issue is whether we'll play them on the bye date of 10/25. Yes, we may need the game (I sure hope not) to become bowl eligible, but do you want to risk injury against IDAHO the week before you play GEORGIA?? I'm betting Foley says no way, but I could be wrong.

Injuries can happen in any practice or any game, so I don't think that'll be a key factor.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
But,..It's RIDICOULUS, I say,..RIDICOULUS! :eek:hnoes2:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The bottom line in this league is you need a progression of tune-ups leading up to the big shows. We didn't get that; hence we are behind the eight ball in terms of executing against the noise, elements and somebody other than your room mate. We all know the obvious, didn't play for whatever legitimate or F'd up reason, it doesn't help a losing season team with a new offensive mantra meet a hornet's nest of a league in waiting. The dark clouds that hung over Florida Field last night pale to the one hanging over Muschamp and the aura that is his tenure thus far.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
GatorStud said:
The bottom line in this league is you need a progression of tune-ups leading up to the big shows. We didn't get that; hence we are behind the eight ball in terms of executing against the noise, elements and somebody other than your room mate. We all know the obvious, didn't play for whatever legitimate or F'd up reason, it doesn't help a losing season team with a new offensive mantra meet a hornet's nest of a league in waiting. The dark clouds that hung over Florida Field last night pale to the one hanging over Muschamp and the aura that is his tenure thus far.
"The bottom line in this league is you need a progression of tune-ups leading up to the big shows."

What about Bama-WVU, USCe-TAMU, UGA-CLEM, etc?

It's nice to have a progression, but far from a dire need. We should just be grateful we have EMU next week . . .

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n39076 said:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
TallyGator;n38813 said:
From what I saw on the one play, I am glad they decided not to play. As a former sports official, these kind of decisions are always very difficult when factoring in all of the people affected by the decision. However, the players come first and the conditions were not safe to start a game. They made the right call. And I say reschedule the game. Bye weeks often do more harm than good and to keep playing, on schedule and in the routine, would be a good thing. Just my two cents...

I agree the right decision was made to cancel. But it SHOULD have been played today at noon. I do not want to lose a bye week in our SEC schedule

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
Captain Sasquatch;n38943 said:
They would still have to staff the stadium. And how would they re-issue tickets to everyone in under 12 hours? Not only that, what if the hotel where Idaho was staying didn't have enough vacancy last night? You would be forcing a group of about 100 people to find hotel accommodations after midnight on Labor Day Saturday. There's a lot that goes into putting on one of these football games, and if the teams share an off week later in the season, the most logical course of action would be to reschedule it that weekend.

So everybody has to come back to work the next day. The hotel room situation wouldn't be a big deal either....it's not like gville is somekind of Labor Day hotspot. The tickets would just be honored for todays game. I just don't see it being that hard to do, like I said NASCAR does it probably 8-10 times a year if need be and with them you're talking about 43 teams and equiptment which is a lot more people and logistics than 1 visiting college football team. Easy peasy and we could be watching it today.
You nailed it with NASCAR. Whatever excuse, you just wiped it away. It is still televised.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They made the right decision to cancel, even though it's frustrating and sucks. I don't think we need to replay this prior to the UGA game. After the way they looked against Clemson, we'll need the extra prep time.

For all the Muschamp haters, Foley will likely count this as a win if it is not replayed. I'm sure he is for more concerned with how competitive we are against the Bama's, LSU's, UGA's, etc.We could love 5 tough games and Muschamp keep his job. We are still very, very young. Plus we still lack depth on the OLine. Let's hope some young guys get some PT in garbage time this year.

I still think we win the East, but UGA looks tough.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n39111 said:
It's nice to have a progression, but far from a dire need. We should just be grateful we have EMU next week . . .

Dude, those teams played competition for 60 minutes, not scrimmages a few notches above flag football. Two tune ups is better than one. Here's to finding our gears quickly. Nothing can be done obviously, but it's not a momentum builder bathing in the rain. Just saying.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We still have EMU and Kintuckee. Hopefully these guys will catch on fast.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
They made the right decision to cancel, even though it's frustrating and sucks. I don't think we need to replay this prior to the UGA game. After the way they looked against Clemson, we'll need the extra prep time.

For all the Muschamp haters, Foley will likely count this as a win if it is not replayed. I'm sure he is for more concerned with how competitive we are against the Bama's, LSU's, UGA's, etc.We could love 5 tough games and Muschamp keep his job. We are still very, very young. Plus we still lack depth on the OLine. Let's hope some young guys get some PT in garbage time this year.

No, if we lose five tough games Muscrap should be sent packing and I will help. The record would be 6-5 and there's ZERO justification to keep that loser for another year. None.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:

If we go to the playoff, you and some others on here would still want Muschamp fired. You're spoiled and ungrateful. You have done nothing to earn the team that you even have. I wish you and the rest would go cheer for FSU or UT with their crappy fans. It's old and tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator