Transfers....the good kind

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Law98gator;n173398 said:
And I think the title needs to be changed.

All transfers are the good kind. If they can't play here or don't want to play here, they need to be gone.

And if they wanna play here and we have the need for their talent, come on down.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
On a related note, did you guys see that Meatchicken got another QB? O'Korn is transferring there. Hopefully, for all his recruiting prowess, Harbaugh doesn't turn out to be like Chimp; taking care of his own. We have what, 20 DBs? They may end up in the same boat, lol. As a footnote to this, I haven't looked at their roster and they may very well not have any glaring deficiencies like we have. Just found it interesting.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n172884 said:
I know it's cheesy, but here it goes. Sung to the old spiritual, "Let My People Go"

When Florida under Chump’s command,
Let My Gators go!
Oppressed so hard they could not stand,
Let my Gators go!

No more shall they in bondage toil,
Let My Gators go!
Let them part with conference spoils,
Let My Gatos go!

Oh, let us all from bondage flee,
Let My Gatos go!
And let us all in Mac be free,
Let My Gatos go!

You need not always weep and mourn,
Let My Gators go!
And wear the Chump’s chains forlorn,
Let My Gators go!

Your foes shall not before you stand,
Let My Gators go!
And you’ll possess the Conference land,
Let my Gators go!

Go down, Big Mac,
Way down in Gator land;
Tell old Fooley
To let My Gators go!

Ha. Very well done.

:thumbup:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n172820 said:
I was under the impression that once you graduate you can transfer wherever you want as long as the degree you pursue is not available at your new school.

It doesn't matter if the degree is available or not for the last few years. As long as you have graduated and going towards a post graduate degree.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n172841 said:
We definitely had the restrictions under Spurrier, although I think the kids can get waivers from the NCAA if there is a hardship issue. I remember however that Daren Hambrick went to USC, but later SOS era guys were limited.

I don't remember when that went away. Later Meyer era perhaps.

I think Hambrick was a different case... He was kicked off the team, so the transfer restrictions didn't apply in his case. But Spurrier did restrict his players, I believe Foley leaves it to the coaches.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n172821 said:
I thought we have released quite a few players with the stipulation they couldn't go to an SEC school. I might be wrong on that however.

We have had several players trasfer to other SEC schools. Cam Newton is the first to come to mind, but I know there have been several others. Foley has more integrity when it comes to these things than most ADs. If a kid isn't making the cut at our program, why limit him with his future. If he is such a threat then find a way to let him play. If he is transferring for other reasons then so be it. I agree with Foley on this one and greyshirts as well. Greyshirting should illegal...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator;n174343 said:
We have had several players trasfer to other SEC schools. Cam Newton is the first to come to mind, but I know there have been several others. Foley has more integrity when it comes to these things than most ADs. If a kid isn't making the cut at our program, why limit him with his future. If he is such a threat then find a way to let him play. If he is transferring for other reasons then so be it. I agree with Foley on this one and greyshirts as well. Greyshirting should illegal...

Newton wasn't a transfer, he went to a Junior college and was recruited from that Junior College.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator