T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think a better story would be that we have multiple 4-5 star kids competing instead of maybe hoping that cinderella shows up.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't memorized this thread by any stretch, but let's see if I can summarize...

Realist: "I can't believe we wasted a scholarship on this 2* garbage!"

Optimist: "I heard Trask is showing potential. Would be interesting if we have a Cinderella story at UF."

Realist: "OMG, are you seriously guaranteeing Trash will win the starting job??"

Optimist: "I'm just saying there's always a chance..."

Realist: "You people are out of your minds to put all your hopes and dreams into that reject! He's got zero chance. ZERO!! Grow up! I got stats on my side!"

Ummm... Yeah... I think the "realists" need to relax. The only optimists I've seen making bold predictions are doing it just to get under your skin. Most everyone has just been amused by the thought of "what if."

YES....... And that's also if by "realist" you mean "negative, miserable, SOB, whose goal it is, is to squash any semblance of optimism or hope or general good will or cheer, because their only real joy in life is to spread misery and mock and belittle anyone who will not join them in such venture".

If that is the definition of "realist" then our short armed dinosaur has nailed it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think a better story would be that we have multiple 4-5 star kids competing instead of maybe hoping that cinderella shows up.

Franks was a 4 star and LDR/Appleby were 3 stars. At least we have some competition this year (post Treon there wasn't any).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
YES....... And that's also if by "realist" you mean "negative, miserable, SOB, whose goal it is, is to squash any semblance of optimism or hope or general good will or cheer, because their only real joy in life is to spread misery and mock and belittle anyone who will not join them in such venture".

If that is the definition of "realist" then our short armed dinosaur has nailed it.
:alone:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look. I've been really quiet on the Trask recruitment. The only comment I really made was that Mac is a QB whisperer. That I trust that he knows how to pick and groom QBs. So I'm okay with the schollie. It's the defensive side that I'm worried about. I don't want us to take a dump on the other side of the ball.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look. I've been really quiet on the Trask recruitment. The only comment I really made was that Mac is a QB whisperer. That I trust that he knows how to pick and groom QBs. So I'm okay with the schollie. It's the defensive side that I'm worried about. I don't want us to take a dump on the other side of the ball.

Agree 100%

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's crazy to me that that spring practice has started, we've got almost a whole new team coming in on offense, and this board is dominated by threads about nolejay loving kanell, where some d-bag that can't play for a year is going to transfer, and a 2 star player that is highly unlikely to take a snap next year regardless of how his career ultimately turns out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't memorized this thread by any stretch, but let's see if I can summarize...

Realist: "I can't believe we wasted a scholarship on this 2* garbage!"

Optimist: "I heard Trask is showing potential. Would be interesting if we have a Cinderella story at UF."

Realist: "OMG, are you seriously guaranteeing Trash will win the starting job??"

Optimist: "I'm just saying there's always a chance..."

Realist: "You people are out of your minds to put all your hopes and dreams into that reject! He's got zero chance. ZERO!! Grow up! I got stats on my side!"

Ummm... Yeah... I think the "realists" need to relax. The only optimists I've seen making bold predictions are doing it just to get under your skin. Most everyone has just been amused by the thought of "what if."

Absolutely Cicero-an way of expressing the point, CG. I am convinced to vote your way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... our small-minding whinosoars ?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Although this is poor expressiveness, check on Mac's position : "That's kind of
the next step as we kind of get into the process, once you kind of start getting some
of the base stuff in.

To me this "kind of" stuff shows a realistic Coach's cautious approach ... on a kid
he kind of risked getting his QB-guru license revoked on. ??

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_inline_o255lvMW8L1tnuzcc_500.gif

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So we can root for the guy who has never kicked in a game, but not root for the guy that doesn't have a ton of starting experience at QB? If he got a scholly I'm gunna root my butt off for the kid unless he does something to justify that he is a lost cause and is wasting a scholly (Hardin, Harris, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.