alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think those stats are for his Jr and Sr. year. It's a little odd that people rag on him and then claim he played as a freshman in HS

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I continue to get a chuckle out of all the folks getting so riled up about this kid. He's one of 80+ that'll be in the roster this fall, but you'd think we're banking on him being our savior. :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This thread is gold. I'm done debating this. We won't know anything for a while unless LDR sucks. He has a good arm, mechanics, and is accurate. That alone makes him a better prospect than Staver, Driskel, Harris or Mornhinweg.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I continue to get a chuckle out of all the folks getting so riled up about this kid. He's one of 80+ that'll be in the roster this fall, but you'd think we're banking on him being our savior. :lol:

I've hit the boy harshly but that's just 'cause zingers are easy, quicker humor.
Hear's my overcast sportscast on this Trask kid :
#1- To hope on him makes sense 'cause it would show GatorNation's HC has a special eye for
spotting talent other coaches cannot spot. ++
#2- He's got to love UF 'cause no one else bet on him = this has gotta produce a great, loyal alumnus.
#3- Can any player be more motivated to prove his chance, more motivated to be of service, to be the
cause of Gator wins.??
#4- How many Gator scholly-players have passed thru without getting off the bench, yet were never
dompted for ridicule like this ?

Will anyone boo when he takes the field ?… and he will get in.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm a little late replying but... Ow, my eyes! I really want to unsee that!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously? A guy throws an avg of 40 passes a year for 4 years and that's your big comeback? Are you f ing serious right now? That's a joke.

I bet if we looked up his numbers and what teams that he played in....his team was destroying some garbage team or he was playing against third stringers too. These numbers mean jack dick.

Neither does your opinion ;)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Neither does your opinion ;)

Great. Unfortunately, I have %'s on my side. Hence, my opinion is sided in logic and reasoning and gulp...reality. Not hopes and prayers and hopes and golly gee's. carry on...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Great. Unfortunately, I have %'s on my side. Hence, my opinion is sided in logic and reasoning and gulp...reality. Not hopes and prayers and hopes and golly gee's. carry on...

Lol I was just busting your balls. I have no clue what'll happen from him. I don't expect much, but I think he has some potential as well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I was just busting your balls. I have no clue what'll happen from him. I don't expect much, but I think he has some potential as well.
Everyone has potential...even you lil buddy. I'm just being honest. I'm not expecting anything from him. Should he start and light the world on fire we should all rejoice...and we will.

People have a tendency to mistake reality for negativity. I get it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone has potential...even you lil buddy. I'm just being honest. I'm not expecting anything from him. Should he start and light the world on fire we should all rejoice...and we will.

People have a tendency to mistake reality for negativity. I get it.

Thanks for the kind words :grin:

Maybe things are lost in text with tone etc. I understand being realistic, but having optimism isn't a bad thing either.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the kind words :grin:

Maybe things are lost in text with tone etc. I understand being realistic, but having optimism isn't a bad thing either.

True story. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it is part of the equation not the main component. Sometimes reality sucks but that's when you learn to change things. An old mentor always taught me that life is exactly what you make it. If you don't like how things are then you must change something. While Trask is an unknown and anything above 2nd stringer(outside of injury) is probably a blessing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone has potential...even you lil buddy.
People have a tendency to mistake reality for negativity.

There's no more apt definition for negativity than: "stuff used to put down optimism."

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I haven't memorized this thread by any stretch, but let's see if I can summarize...

Realist: "I can't believe we wasted a scholarship on this 2* garbage!"

Optimist: "I heard Trask is showing potential. Would be interesting if we have a Cinderella story at UF."

Realist: "OMG, are you seriously guaranteeing Trash will win the starting job??"

Optimist: "I'm just saying there's always a chance..."

Realist: "You people are out of your minds to put all your hopes and dreams into that reject! He's got zero chance. ZERO!! Grow up! I got stats on my side!"

Ummm... Yeah... I think the "realists" need to relax. The only optimists I've seen making bold predictions are doing it just to get under your skin. Most everyone has just been amused by the thought of "what if."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator