MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, if Shane had too much rep when he arrived, then maybe Kerwin Bell will explode your head. A walk-on who started as 8th string. Also had great success as a Gator QB, then played pro ball in the NFL, WAFL, and CFL for 14 years.

But that's really not the point, is it? This wasn't really about that the PLAYERS bring to the game. It's about what what we Gator FANS bring to the discussion. And disparaging the players here, where they can't defend themselves, is the particular brand of forum behavior that I am calling out. There's no upside to it, it's unpleasant, it demeans the conversation, etc. Find a better way to vent your frustrations with the Gator team.
Nice try, but it'll never happen.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If he ever becomes the starter, I will pay with my own money to buy you a Trask jersey so you can post a pic of you wearing it here on the site.

Deal!

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Trask banged laws girlfriend or boyfriend?
I think it's been established that law walked in on his missus and Trask mid-coitus. It's what they based that scene from Boogie Nights on. They actually borrowed law's suit to make it more real

hqdefault.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Word on the street is Trash has been holdig a clipboard since 7th grade with regards to sex also.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You want to compare Shane Matthews, a guy WHO WAS ALLSTATE IN MISSISSIPPI, to a hunk of Trash that hasnt started since SEVENTH GRADE??

Yes, we once had champions lined up 5 or 6 deep, we are FLORIDA. Now we are lucky to steal players from FIU or from Div 3 schools and you morons want to act like everything is going well.

Keep chugging that Swag Juice.

This is funny!! Whether it was intended to be serious or not I can't help but like this post.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you arguing about a guy who will never see the field? If he does we are screwed and so is Mac.

Calm down folks. If you think that Mac somehow outsmarted every coach with signing Trask...I feel awfully sorry for the lot of you. Hell, he got Les Miles'd on a fake FG.

Relax people.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Why are you arguing about a guy who will never see the field? If he does we are screwed and so is Mac.

Calm down folks. If you think that Mac somehow outsmarted every coach with signing Trask...I feel awfully sorry for the lot of you. Hell, he got Les Miles'd on a fake FG.

Relax people.

I haven't seen anyone defend Trask's ability to win the starting job, other than to rile up Law. I think people are getting tired of Law trashing a Gator who's done nothing to deserve such abuse. If he gets caught with weed or shops at GNC, then maybe the criticism will be a bit more understandable.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The list of quarterbacks the so-called experts rated low but turned out to be good is very long. Could Trask be a McNair, Wentz, Bortles, Bell, Wilson, Brees...ect. I could go on. Brett Favre never got a lot of attention in high school because he played in an option offense. So he didn't have the production. Sound familiar? To act as if he has no chance is moronic. We will find out in a couple of years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's really pointless to run down our players, especially when most of us have never seen some of the newcomers play (as Gators). Just relax, hope or trust that the coaching staff can help each of them improve, and then wait and see who wins out.

I can only imagine what some of you would have said, had internet forums been around then, about a skinny 5th string QB who became the Gator's starter with a fair degree of success, and then drew an NFL paycheck for 14 years. A kid named Shane Matthews.

The old obligatory, "Trust the coaches" post.... I saw a bunch of those during the Muschamp years... "I trust the coaches...."

FYI, this is a message board. It's what you're supposed to do, post your opinions. If we all wanted to "trust the coaches" message boards wouldn't exist.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
My question is what anyone have taken Paxton lynch (who wanted to come here) a couple of years ago knowing what we went through. The fact of the matter is that these guys crawl through the cracks all the time because projections based on high school accomplishments as a silly way to determine what you believe about them. as of right now he's been good practice but he needs to learn a lot. So how about we give him a little bit of time to grow before declaring him trash

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The list of quarterbacks the so-called experts rated low but turned out to be good is very long. Could Trask be a McNair, Wentz, Bortles, Bell, Wilson, Brees...ect. I could go on. Brett Favre never got a lot of attention in high school because he played in an option offense. So he didn't have the production. Sound familiar? To act as if he has no chance is moronic. We will find out in a couple of years.

Brett Fav-rah? Seriously? To act like you are is moronic. He has a less than 1% of starting and winning a game here. That may be on the high side even. The chances of him being Brett Favre are probably on the order of 1 in 100,000,000. What the heck has gotten into people around here? Holy crap.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brett Fav-rah? Seriously? To act like you are is moronic. He has a less than 1% of starting and winning a game here. That may be on the high side even. The chances of him being Brett Favre are probably on the order of 1 in 100,000,000. What the heck has gotten into people around here? Holy crap.

Wow! My point went over your head entirely. If you think I was arguing he'd be Brett Favre then you need to work on your comprehension skills. All I am arguing is that there are plenty of 2 star or lower quarterbacks that went on to be solid and even great.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is what anyone have taken Paxton lynch (who wanted to come here) a couple of years ago knowing what we went through. The fact of the matter is that these guys crawl through the cracks all the time because projections based on high school accomplishments as a silly way to determine what you believe about them. as of right now he's been good practice but he needs to learn a lot. So how about we give him a little bit of time to grow before declaring him trash

There are 50+ non Power 5 schools. They all have starting QBs (and RBs and WRs and OLs and DBs, etc). Most of the kids who go to non-Power 5 schools are 3 star or below recruits who had very few Power 5 offfers (and if they did it was to a Vandy or Wake Forest type of school). These kids compete for a starting spot against similarly ranked kids (other 2-stars). Some of them become stars (look at Alex Smith under Urban Meyer, 1st pick in the draft, from Utah). It happens. So, everytime there happens to be a kid like Trask (or a walkon) people will use a Paxton Lynch or Chris Doering as an example of what "Insert 2-star players name" COULD become. We get it....the big schools missed on Lynch. That doesn't mean Trask is destined to be the next Lynch. It would be a better analogy if Trask had signed w/ Memphis than UF.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A little bit of data. Of the quarterbacks in the NFL that made a start in 2014, 11 of them were 2 stars or under. Guys like Trask becoming solid isn't rare. I'm not saying he'll be any good. He may not. But he has a solid chance with this coaching staff. Franks has competition. He isn't going to just take the backup job by default in 2017.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! My point went over your head entirely. If you think I was arguing he'd be Brett Favre then you need to work on your comprehension skills. All I am arguing is that there are plenty of 2 star or lower quarterbacks that went on to be solid and even great.

No it did not. You invoked the name of Brett Favre now own it. He wasn't just another 2 star QB. TRASK was also a back up that hasn't started a game in just under a decade. I'll venture that Brett probably started every game from 1st grade through college through the NFL. Checking Google now...Brett did not start the first three games of his freshman year in college. He started as an eighth grader on the varsity baseball team. He played 5 positions on the FB team as his dad was the coach.

Trask isn't just another 2 star guy. He was a back up 2 star guy. Huge difference. The chances of him being anything more than the topic of this thread are slim to none.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Let's be clear. No one is saying that Trask WILL start a game. Odds are against that. What we are saying is that you Trask haters are NUTS. To say that Trask has less than a 1% chance of starting and winning a game here betrays a total ignorance of both mathematics and football.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be clear. No one is saying that Trask WILL start a game. Odds are against that. What we are saying is that you Trask haters are NUTS. To say that Trask has less than a 1% chance of starting and winning a game here betrays a total ignorance of both mathematics and football.

I don't hate him. I don't care about him. If he is starting then we are screwed. But, I'm all for fun and games today so what do you think is a realistic % that he starts and wins a game here at UF. I'm all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator