Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't hate him. I don't care about him. If he is starting then we are screwed. But, I'm all for fun and games today so what do you think is a realistic % that he starts and wins a game here at UF. I'm all ears.
Overall, about 10%. You are off by an order of magnitude.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To say that Trask has less than a 1% chance of starting and winning a game here betrays a total ignorance of both mathematics and football.
If we get down the Trasks and RJ Raymonds again, we will get dusted by the Ga Southerns on our schedule. We have a lot less talent on our bench than in my memory, and that includes probation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A little bit of data. Of the quarterbacks in the NFL that made a start in 2014, 11 of them were 2 stars or under.
How many were kids who have NEVER EVEN PLAYED FOOTBALL SINCE MIDGET LEAGUE?

:dropmike:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Wow. I certainly respect your opinion but that seems awfully high for a two star high school back up.
Let's see how things play out. LDR, Appleby, and then probably Trask (Franks redshirts??) How many qbs have been injured at UF in recent years? How many went afoul of rules? May be pushing 1% in first year. Of course, if he is as bad as his 2* rating, after 2 or 3 years he will transfer and the window closing. On winning: half the games he may start are almost sure wins. Wins even a discombobulated UF QB would win.
On his 2* rating: basically he wasn't rated bc, as law keeps screaming, he didn't play. This may well mean he can't handle pressure. But it may just mean that he hasn't played but can. See Bret Farve in HS or our our own Kay Stephenson in college. Better NFL QB but stuck behind SOS at UF. Not much reason for Trask optimism, but what really hard data do we have on LDR and Appleby?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't hate him. I don't care about him. If he is starting then we are screwed. But, I'm all for fun and games today so what do you think is a realistic % that he starts and wins a game here at UF. I'm all ears.
110%
#TraskforHeisman2017

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask will be here longer than Franks

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see how things play out. LDR, Appleby, and then probably Trask (Franks redshirts??) How many qbs have been injured at UF in recent years? How many went afoul of rules? May be pushing 1% in first year. Of course, if he is as bad as his 2* rating, after 2 or 3 years he will transfer and the window closing. On winning: half the games he may start are almost sure wins. Wins even a discombobulated UF QB would win.
On his 2* rating: basically he wasn't rated bc, as law keeps screaming, he didn't play. This may well mean he can't handle pressure. But it may just mean that he hasn't played but can. See Bret Farve in HS or our our own Kay Stephenson in college. Better NFL QB but stuck behind SOS at UF. Not much reason for Trask optimism, but what really hard data do we have on LDR and Appleby?

Question, and maybe there was rules against it but why wouldn't he transfer to another school in district. Happens all the time. You'd think he would WANT to start somewhere if he has talent. Something isn't making sense in that whole situation.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Question, and maybe there was rules against it but why wouldn't he transfer to another school in district. Happens all the time. You'd think he would WANT to start somewhere if he has talent. Something isn't making sense in that whole situation.
You have made the best point made on the thread. I agree. More later.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I don't know about Texas, but Florida has rules about that for public schools. Interesting question...

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
In Florida kids transfer to out of district schools all the time. If school X has an engineering or Cambridge or architecture or IB, program, etc... that your school doesn't offer you can enroll in that school. However, schools are prohibited from recruiting kids from other schools.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I believe there was transfer rules that he would have to sit a year if he transferred. Its been said a few different places.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I believe there was transfer rules that he would have to sit a year if he transferred. Its been said a few different places.
:scratchhead: So to avoid sitting out a year and then starting for 3. He stayed where he was at and sat out 4 years. Got it! Makes perfect sense.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

I agree. I read that transferring public high schools in Texas is almost impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.