Status
Not open for further replies.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n310031 said:
Since the open kicker tryout was so successful, UF will be holding an open QB tryout this week...

This.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pepsi is not greater than Coke. Pepsi is willing to spend more money than Coke. I have first hand knowledge. Yes, UF switched to Pepsi in the early 2000's when Pepsi bought Gatorade. Until that point Coke had the business with Gatorade being the lone exception. When Pepsi bought Gatorade, they unloaded a truckload of money on the UF athletic department because and I quote "We cannot have the birthplace of Gatorade selling Coke." They are not greater in any way you look at it. Coke has superior share and financial viability Coke is a southern company with a southern culture Coke was UF's partner for over 50 years. Buying the business does not make you greater. With that said, I love the way PepsiCo has played up the brand history of Gatorade.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Double Gator Dad;n310047 said:
Pepsi is not greater than Coke. Pepsi is willing to spend more money than Coke. I have first hand knowledge. Yes, UF switched to Pepsi in the early 2000's when Pepsi bought Gatorade. Until that point Coke had the business with Gatorade being the lone exception. When Pepsi bought Gatorade, they unloaded a truckload of money on the UF athletic department because and I quote "We cannot have the birthplace of Gatorade selling Coke." They are not greater in any way you look at it. Coke has superior share and financial viability Coke is a southern company with a southern culture Coke was UF's partner for over 50 years. Buying the business does not make you greater. With that said, I love the way PepsiCo has played up the brand history of Gatorade.

Soooo.....do you drink Coke or Pepsi?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe something to do with this? Does ESPN know something we don't know?

12186322_10208016873920072_4189482318988872390_o.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, would that news change the dynamic of the Alabama game.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's because, even after sitting out the last few games, Grier still has better passing stats than anyone else on either team.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ok, I will tell you...I sent in film of me throwing 3-5 yard passes and was named the starting QB for the remainder of the season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n310054 said:
Maybe something to do with this? Does ESPN know something we don't know?

12186322_10208016873920072_4189482318988872390_o.jpg

They've continued to list Grier as our leading passer since the suspension. I highly doubt anyone who does the previews for the games even pays attention to it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We've been using a good rotation on the DL all season. This is where it will pay off. Also, since it will be quite cool Saturday (50's), the heat won't be a factor.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sherit must be suspended for the first half also since his targeting (BS) was held up on review, correct? Despite the depth, missing Bullard, Ivie and Sherit is a problem

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
lagator;n310184 said:
Sherit must be suspended for the first half also since his targeting (BS) was held up on review, correct? Despite the depth, missing Bullard, Ivie and Sherit is a problem

Since Sherit's "offense" occurred in the second half of the Vandy game, he is out for the entire game against the cocks.

We are down three defensive lineman from our 1's and 2's in the worst case scenario.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
lagator;n310184 said:

We really need that "targeting" call to be called against a top team's best player and cost them a conference title or playoff birth as a result. It's out of control and needs to be unwound immediately. It's absolutely asinine to think a player can deliberately commit a dead ball personal foul and get 15 yards, while an unintentional less than perfect angle in the heat of a play can cost a kid 1/12th of his season. Maybe the most egregious misuse of power they've ever employed.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
LongTooth;n310187 said:
Since Sherit's "offense" occurred in the second half of the Vandy game, he is out for the entire game against the cocks.

We are down three defensive lineman from our 1's and 2's in the worst case scenario.
Damn, that's right, the whole game. Bullard might just need to rub some dirt on it. He's better than most even with one arm.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is very bad news, but next man up is the way to go. Offense better produce or we will be in serious trouble in this game.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n310189 said:
We really need that "targeting" call to be called against a top team's best player and cost them a conference title or playoff birth as a result. It's out of control and needs to be unwound immediately. It's absolutely asinine to think a player can deliberately commit a dead ball personal foul and get 15 yards, while an unintentional less than perfect angle in the heat of a play can cost a kid 1/12th of his season. Maybe the most egregious misuse of power they've ever employed.

Without a doubt one of the most ridiculous rules in college football besides the one that costs a player a full freakin' year for taking legal supplements. It's hard to imagine clear thinking adults coming up with these asinine rules. I'd like to crash their rules committee meeting and beat each and every one of them smartly about the head, neck, chest and face.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n310187 said:

That's not how the rule reads.
If it happens in the first half, it's for the remainder of the game, if it happens in the second half, then its for the remainder of that game plus first half of next game, even if it has to carry over into the next year of eligibility, if any remains.

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet ARTICLE 3� No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet� When in question, it is a foul� (Rule 9-6) (A�R� 9-1-3-I) Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player ARTICLE 4� No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder� When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6)� (A�R� 9-14-I-VI) PENALTY [ARTICLE 3 and ARTICLE 4]—15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. For fouls in the first half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game. (Rule 2-27-12) For fouls in the second half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game. If the foul occurs in the second half of the last game of the season, players with remaining eligibility shall serve the suspension during the first game of the following season. The disqualification is subject to review by Instant Replay (Rule 12-3-5-f). [S38, S24 and S47] When the Instant Replay Official reverses the disqualification: If the targeting foul is not in conjunction with another personal foul by the same player, the 15-yard penalty for targeting is not enforced. If the player commits another personal foul in conjunction with the targeting foul, the 15-yard penalty for that personal foul is enforced according to rule. (A. R. 9-1-4-VII-VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator