Treon Harris - Pepsi drinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LongTooth;n310187 said:
Since Sherit's "offense" occurred in the second half of the Vandy game, he is out for the entire game against the cocks.

We are down three defensive lineman from our 1's and 2's in the worst case scenario.

No, he's available for the second half against Usce.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Just cross train some OL to play DL. Problem solved!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n310047 said:
Pepsi is not greater than Coke. Pepsi is willing to spend more money than Coke. I have first hand knowledge. Yes, UF switched to Pepsi in the early 2000's when Pepsi bought Gatorade. Until that point Coke had the business with Gatorade being the lone exception. When Pepsi bought Gatorade, they unloaded a truckload of money on the UF athletic department because and I quote "We cannot have the birthplace of Gatorade selling Coke." They are not greater in any way you look at it. Coke has superior share and financial viability Coke is a southern company with a southern culture Coke was UF's partner for over 50 years. Buying the business does not make you greater. With that said, I love the way PepsiCo has played up the brand history of Gatorade.

...Guessing you're a Coke man. That or you work for Coke, have stock in Coke, or just prefer some other (powdered maybe?) derivative of the "Coke" leaf.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really drink soda anymore, but when I did, I thought Pepsi was good. But the notion that Pepsi is better than Coke is laughable. Only product Pepsi makes that's better than its Coke counterpart is Mountain Dew over Mello Yello.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n310206 said:
Without a doubt one of the most ridiculous rules in college football besides the one that costs a player a full freakin' year for taking legal supplements. It's hard to imagine clear thinking adults coming up with these asinine rules. I'd like to crash their rules committee meeting and beat each and every one of them smartly about the head, neck, chest and face.
It's a bad rule but both targeting calls were BS. That's what makes it so infuriating. The refs are generally horrible. Did I mention that I hated them all, in each and every game I watch. Let me put it this way :deadhorse:.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n310226 said:
Just cross train some OL to play DL. Problem solved!
That's right. We have loads of them to spare. They can't block but maybe they can tackle.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n310253 said:
I don't really drink soda anymore, but when I did, I thought Pepsi was good. But the notion that Pepsi is better than Coke is laughable. Only product Pepsi makes that's better than its Coke counterpart is Mountain Dew over Mello Yello.

They all started tasting like $h!t when they dropped the glass, pop-top bottles for plastic ones. Man, there was nothing like a cold Mountain Dew back in those days.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n310206 said:
.......... I'd like to crash their rules committee meeting and beat each and every one of them smartly about the head, neck, chest and face, cock and balls

FIFY

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n310263 said:
They all started tasting like $h!t when they dropped the glass, pop-top bottles for plastic ones. Man, there was nothing like a cold Mountain Dew back in those days.

Its not the material of the canister that changed the flavor, its the type of sweetner. The gubmint in all its infinite wisdom ruled quite some time ago that no longer would cane sugar be used for soft drinks. Instead corn syrup would be used. This was due in large part to the corn lobby paying off politicians to get a guarranteed never ending and ridiculously large income stream. So now when you sip a coke or pepsi or pepper or whatever suits you, you can take solace knowing that the unrefreshing syrupy film and aftertaste left in your mouth is because of a bunch of scum politicians. You probably relate the difference being glass bottle verses plastic because the glass bottled sodas were old enough that they were only made with sugarcane, giving you fond memories of the flavor from the bottled sodas.

On a positive note, if you crave the good old days of that sweet refreshing crisp taste of a soft drink sweetened by sugar cane, Mexican bottled cola's are your answer. You can get pepsi, coke and variety of other soft drinks made with sugarcane and bottled in the old glass bottles if you get them from a manufacturer and bottler outside the U.S. This is also much easier than you would think. You can go to tijuana and stock up, or you can just swing by your local dollar general. Dollar General quite frequently has mexican made and bottled sodas on their shelf for cheap and they are just like the old days, crisp, refreshing, made with sugarcane and have no syrupy after taste!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Publix carries the Mexican Coke too. And pretty sure I've seen the old school Mountain Dew and Pepsi at Publix as well, just haven't bought any.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
oxking;n310255 said:
It's a bad rule but both targeting calls were BS. That's what makes it so infuriating. The refs are generally horrible. Did I mention that I hated them all, in each and every game I watch. Let me put it this way :deadhorse:.

Both of these might have been a "crown of the helmet" issues. I see plenty of things that should be called but are not because the action is not out in the open and thus not so evident. The rule need some more adjustments and the ejections need to be reduced to only those where intent can be shown.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Screw the soda go for the not your father's root beer in a frosty glass...now that's damn good

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n310321 said:
Its not the material of the canister that changed the flavor, its the type of sweetner. The gubmint in all its infinite wisdom ruled quite some time ago that no longer would cane sugar be used for soft drinks. Instead corn syrup would be used. This was due in large part to the corn lobby paying off politicians to get a guarranteed never ending and ridiculously large income stream. So now when you sip a coke or pepsi or pepper or whatever suits you, you can take solace knowing that the unrefreshing syrupy film and aftertaste left in your mouth is because of a bunch of scum politicians. You probably relate the difference being glass bottle verses plastic because the glass bottled sodas were old enough that they were only made with sugarcane, giving you fond memories of the flavor from the bottled sodas.

On a positive note, if you crave the good old days of that sweet refreshing crisp taste of a soft drink sweetened by sugar cane, Mexican bottled cola's are your answer. You can get pepsi, coke and variety of other soft drinks made with sugarcane and bottled in the old glass bottles if you get them from a manufacturer and bottler outside the U.S. This is also much easier than you would think. You can go to tijuana and stock up, or you can just swing by your local dollar general. Dollar General quite frequently has mexican made and bottled sodas on their shelf for cheap and they are just like the old days, crisp, refreshing, made with sugarcane and have no syrupy after taste!

It's a combination. I think you are on to something about the HF Corn syrup, because the throwback drinks taste better. I don't believe the gov't ruled that about no sugar in soft drinks because you can see all kinds of small batch type colas out there plus the throwbacks. I think it's back to the gov't subsidies of corn. Back in the early to mid 70's Earl Butz changed the subsidy incentive from not planting to planting from fence line to fence line. Over time, HF Corn syrup came to be. The combination of price and ease of transportation and use has helped it to replace sugar in not only sodas, but bread and other food items.

I remember sodas switching to plastic as a teen or younger. There was a taste difference to me. I taste it when I drink out of glass bottles today. Not sure when the HF Corn Syrup become popular in sodas. The lack of sugar is huge though, and I'd argue it's the bigger contributor of the two.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coke vs Pepsi chat shows we have no offense recently … no Callahan, no Lewis, no McGee, etc to talk fun about.
Will this continue ?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n310386 said:
Will this continue ?

Probably. Till about 1/2 way through next season at least.

P.S. Pepsi all the way!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
There is something special about a cold coke in a bottle....it tastes completely different from coke in a can or coke in plastic. Its like 10 times better!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A friend once told me that Coke was just just brown sugar water.. I asked him what Pepsi was? No answer...

Both are liquid death.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
deuce;n310446 said:
A friend once told me that Coke was just just brown sugar water.. I asked him what Pepsi was? No answer...

Both are liquid death.

You must be the life of a party.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n310326 said:
Publix carries the Mexican Coke too. And pretty sure I've seen the old school Mountain Dew and Pepsi at Publix as well, just haven't bought any.
Thanks for killing my excuse to go to mexico Queenie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator